Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Workout is done: I did Cathe's Circuit Blast + SBF Cardio+Arms.

Have a great day and workout, everyone. BTW, I still kept up with all my workouts.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, great that you were able to get on finally.

Doreen, I think that Kelly's Amped Up Cardio is money well spent, I have used it so much and played with the pre-mixes.

This morning I did Les Mills Combat Extreme Cardio Fighter, 56 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 161, Met 6, 5,103 steps. I then did Les Mills Combat 30 Live, 32 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 163, 215 calories, Met 6.1, 3,152 steps. I forgot that there was no stretch on this so I did Kelly Body Design Yoga Flow, 13 minutes, 32 calories, 43 steps. Workout was 1 hour 41 minutes, 615 calories, 8,298 steps :O

Good Job Diane Sue- I can only wish to have over an hour to workout!

This morning I did High Step Challenge but skipped the abs section. I also used the rebounder on all the non-step cardio section and changed the last set of hover squats into hip thrusts with my shoulders on the step and a dumbell on my hips. I was so disappointed that my long dyna band that I just ordered from Amazon a month ago and hadn't used yet broke during the first sequence of step-ups!

Good morning,

Step Moves + SBF barre workout is done.

Diane Sue - I am glad everything worked out. Not sure why it wouldn't take my password. It's all good. Nice job with your workouts.

Doreen - good job this morning.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today's workout was To the Max Step Hiit Tabata 30/20 and Solid step sections with the warm up and cool down, 40 minutes, 287 calories, met 6.5, 2,844 steps. I followed this with Amy Bento Ross Drop Set Strength split #2, chest, biceps, triceps, and core, 65 minutes (10 min over time)
met 4.o, 288 calories, 958 steps. Total time was 1 hour 45 minutes, 574 calories. map my fitness had the weights at 381 calories !! I used the weights setting on the Fit Bit, but don't think it made a difference at all.
Chest
see saw press (alternating bench press) 20#dbs 8 resp, 15#dbs, 10 reps, 12#dbs 12 reps
push ups on toes hands extended forward 8 count at 4 reps, push ups 10 reps, push ups on knees hands extended 12 reps
fly's 20#dbs 8 reps, 15#dbs 10 reps, 10# dbs 12 reps
Biceps
bentover concentration curl(done in a squat position rotate at the bottom) 20# db 8 reps, 15#db 10 reps, 12#db 12 rep all right then repeat left
hammer curl 20# 8 reps, (from the hip starting less range) 15#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps curl into long curl
seated curl 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps (turn to bench like pouring at bottom) , 5#dbs 8reps( curl to long curl turn to step)
Triceps
wide kickback 15#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 8# dbs 12 reps
overhead tension press (bringing dumbbells together at end of move) 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 8#dbs 12 reps
triceps push ups with bench 3 risers fall down push ups 8 reps, push up jump back walk in 10 reps, push up with one leg elevated 12 reps
Core
standing figure 8 with halos 8#dbs 8 reps right and left repeat
tuck levitation 8 on step 8 on floor repeat
crunch lying on step with head elevated arms extended overhead 8 reps repeat
plank on step hop knees in right then left 8 reps repeat

Family dinner today and I need to get busy.

Belinda, I like Step moves except running around the step bench. I guess if you are not on the bench it would not be so bad. For some reason I just detest when Cathe has you doing that. Then I ma back to getting my footing on the step.

Doreen, that is ridiculous that the band broke right off. I have had a couple of bands break but they were old or I had a grandchild trying to chew on them or tie them to objects. Once I was having a hard time finding the longer bands and ordered a whole roll from Perform Better or one of those companies and cut my own lengths. This lasted me a long time and I even cut off some and sent to a friend with a dvd :) My dynabands started wearing out and I replaced with Cathe's no latex ones. The Fit Tower workouts came with a band also. My older daughter is very allergic to latex. She has to keep some antihistamine with her all of the time. We do not have latex balloons for birthday parties. The band and loop that came with the Fit tower workouts are latex. I could smell them when I opened the box. Latex seems to wear out and get sticky so does not last so long. Non latex is a lot stiffer for pulling. I would definitely get a refund or replacement if I were you.

Last edited:
This morning I worked through anther one of the Jazzercise routines DVD. Some really fun songs and fun moves. I actually find I do not like the founder's routines at all!! The younger women do a much better job.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio both workouts, heart rate average 143, max 171, met 6.2, 290 calories, 5,023 steps. I then did Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion timesaver 120 minutes, heart rate averafgge, 136, max 170, 1,157 steps met 5.8. I finished off with Les Mills Flow, heart rate average 90, max 114, 46 calories, met 2, 73 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, calories burned 563, steps 6,252 from workout, total today so far 7,186.

Doreen, it looks like you are enjoying those Jazzersize training dvds. Funny that you don't enjoy the founder as much as the younger instructors.

Hi everyone,

MMA Fusion + SBF workout is done. On Sunday I decided to clean up my eating. I been doing the 21 Day Fix eating plan, so far so good. I am measuring every bite that goes in my mouth. I did looked into Weight Watchers, but decided it wasn't for me.

Diane Sue - nice step count this morning.

Doreen - you are lucky to find those DVD's at the thrift store. Mine only has junk :) I always get a good step count with Jazzersize. Enjoy!

That's it for me today. Have a great Thursday, everyone.

Last edited:
Belinda, nice work. I was never good at doing all of that measuring. I use my containers for small things like chia seeds or some nuts or something lol. I just do mfp. Sometimes I am annoyed at my macros. Trying to get the fat down some. I do mostly paleo. But, have had a lot of off days lately. I have heard others that the 21 aday container system works well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Diane Sue - eyeballing doesn't work,lol. The container gives you a lot of food. I finally hit over 1500 cal, still need to up my cal. I eat a ton of food through out the day. I use the container plus I use MFP, wanted to see how close I get. On the 21 DF you can have a few tsp of olive oil, I only used a few yesterday and my fats went up :(I am eating 3 cups of fresh fruits a day, my sugar is up too. I am not worried, I will eat my containers and see what happens. Basically on the 21 DF, it's low carb, high protein. I am eating healthy and clean. Most recipes I am making is with cauliflower, gluten free and dairy free. Even my husband likes the 21 DF meals. It's a win :) I also not getting enough protein, need to up. I not eating all my containers :) I am still playing around to spread them throughout the day.I am full with all the containers I am suppose to eat.

Last edited:
Belinda- The Jazzercise DVDs I found don't have titles because they are the instructor dvds. So this must have been the 4th quarter of 2015. Its labled R4-15 (Routine 4, year 2015 maybe? ) I've tried researching a bit on-line but can't really find anything.

I really should do something to monitor my food. I eat too much carb and sweets! I think I need to work on adding more produce and protein.

This morning I did Peak Fit - Cardio Strength 2. This one was good too. She really does a good job with the metabolic routines. I did all the Peak's on the rebounder since they were all big plyo moves, tuck jumps, air jumps, etc. I would say this series is a winner.

Today I started with X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit Timesaver floor only, 22 minutes, 146 calories, met 6, heart rate average 133, max 160, 1,621 steps. I then did Amy's Bento Ross Drop Set Strength Split 1 (I started with 3 and went backwards :) ) , 76 minutes(64 actual), legs, chest, back, core, met 4, 335 calories, heart rate average 100, max 139, 1,279 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, 481 calories, 2,900 steps.
I noticed that shoulders and back are only done once in these splits. I see why as they do shoulder work in legs as well. My neck and shoulders are so sore, I think I will be laying off of them next week.
sumo squat arm positions change each set (rack) 17.5#dbs, 8 reps, (arms up to goal post "rack"position) 12#dbs, 10 reps, (arms overhead) 10#dbs 12 reps all right then repeat second set all on the left side
Bulgarian lunge 17.5#dbs 8 reps , (arms rack) 15#dbs 10 reps, arms overhead 10#dbs 12 reps all done on the right then repeat on the left
Close stance squats 25#dbs 8 reps, 15#dbs 10 reps arms move forward and back, squat overhead press 10#dbs 12reps
single leg deadlift 17.5#dbs, 8 reps, w/ a row 15#dbs 10 reps, w/ lunge back push off 10#dbs 12 reps right then repeat all on the left
shoulders
seated Arnold press 15#dbs 8 reps point in like pouring at the bottom, 12#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps
Double Vs forward and back 15#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 5#dbs 12 reps
Eagles seated (lateral raise) 10# dbs 8 reps, 8#dbs 10 reps, 5#dbs 12 reps
Chest
see saw press (alternating) 17.5#dbs 8 reps, 15#dbs 10 reps 10#dbs 12 reps
push ups 3 positions with arms extended out 8,1012 reps
flys 17.5#dbs 8 reps, 15#dbs, 10 reps, 10# dbs 12 reps
Back
bent over rows 17.5#dbs squat position 8 reps, 15# dbs 10 reps wider hand position , balance 1 leg 6/6 reps 10#dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 17.5#dbs arms turn back and lift on rise up 8 reps, 10# dbs 10 reps arms lift out wider, 8#dbs arms lift to high rack 12 reps
hip lifts body weight 8,10,12 reps
Core
standing figure 8 with halos 8#dbs 8 reps right and left repeat
tuck levitation 8 on step 8 on floor repeat
crunch lying on step with head elevated arms extended overhead 8 reps repeat
plank on step hop knees in right then left 8 reps repeat

Belinda, I was excited about the containers when I first got my set. I bought the Fixate cookbook. I use several recipes from that book a lot. I do not eat grains very often. Even rice. Fats are what gets me. I am really trying to work on that. I go to Pinterest to find a lot of low carb and paleo type recipes along with all of my cookbooks. I have recently been trying to cut the dairy. For me that is mainly kefir, yogurt, butter, and organic cream in my coffee. Wishing you luck with the new method of nutrition. It really is easy to get too large portions. I try to portion according to the recipe portions size. I divide into 4 containers if it says serves 4. I just use glass containers that I can reheat in.

Doreen, that is good that you are able to do the peaks on the rebounder. It will save the knees.

Hi everyone,

My DD is here to visit :) We managed to do SBF UB. That's it!

Diane Sue - I have done the 21 DF program and the container when it first came out. I also have the Fixate book. Never done one recipe. Need to take another look. I agree, Pinterest is a great place to find all kinds of diets/programs. I really don't want to give up diary, carbs. I love yogurt and cheese. My sweet tooth is under control again since I am on the 21DF container. So far, the program is working. Weight is shifting in the right direction too. I do need to up my proteins. I think I will hit it my protein when I start STS next week again. I eat every 2-3 hours. I am full and never hungry. The food doesn't have to be boring on the 21 DF. My husband likes everything I have made this week, especially the Mac & cheese.

Doreen - I never find anything at the thrift store. Great find. Next time I do Peak I need to do it on the rebounder too. Great idea.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Good morning,

HiiT 40/20 is done. I am starting STS M2 tomorrow. I will try to add the workouts I missed (due to my knee) sprinkled. I missed one GS legs and a few workouts in the Low Impact series, mostly lower body. This a by far the longest rotation I have ever done. Although I enjoyed every minute of it, not sure if I will do something like this anytime soon. We shall see!

STS Pyramid up/down DONE
Do STS in its entirety DONE
Take one week off DONE
Do Gym Styles for one month DONE
Do the low impact series for two weeks DONE
Do Four Day Split for one month DONE
Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks DONE
Do STS Meso two and Meso three

I am debating if I want to start M2 D13 today? I have a doc appointment tomorrow.

I will be back later.

Belinda, great job on that rotation. The last long one I did was Cathe's Bodybuilding rotation and it got cut off with the knee surgery. I was doing pretty good at it till then. You have really stuck to the rotation well despite the set back. I am trying to think which workout is Circuit Burn. I must have too many workouts :)

Diane Sue - it was Circuit Blast not Burn :( Sorry! The rotation I am doing is Cathe Bodybuilding rotation. I also had my set backs. Once I am done with M2 and M3 I am done with the Bodybuilding rotation. It was a long one, lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.