Liability Insurance for Personal Trainers

concetta

Cathlete
Hi!

I know many of you here are certified so I was hoping I could get some input regarding insurance coverage from those with more experience. I recently got my personal trainer certification through ACE and am looking at plans for liability coverage. Is there an amount of coverage that is recommended? Right now I plan on working with my clients in their homes, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks!

Coni

http://www.kandkinsurance.com/aon/asg/kk/homepage.nsf/($WebOpenProductApplications)/893B9A6DB7DA03EA86256FBD00656389?OpenDocument&Start=1&Count=5000&Expand=1

This is who I use...I train in my home & clients...VERY REASONABLE
It was an AFPA recommendation

I use CM Meiers who was a recommendation thru AFAA. I have a million dollar policy and it was very inexpensive in my opinion. I train in my home and clients' homes.

Clarissa

I am insured through the company that works with ACE, since I am also ACE certified. I have a million dollar policy that was very reasonable.

Good luck,
Shayne

Hey Coni,

I am currently working on ACE certification. How long did it take you to pass the exam? I plan on getting the insurance through ACE. I am already training a couple of friends, but I am nervous about expanding until I am insured. Just isn't worth it.

I don't mean to highjack your thread, but what all are you planning on doing with your certification? and congratulations!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, I truly appreciate it!

Kathy- Thanks! I passed the test the first time after studying for about 5 weeks which I do NOT recommend if you can help it lol! I would try to do at least the 12 week study program if I had it to do over again. If you want to chat more about exam prep, etc feel free to PM or email me. I know how scary it can be going into that test!

I completely agree about the need for insurance-that's why I want to make sure I'm covered before I officially start to see clients.

I plan to stay independent with my business and work with clients in their homes. My main intention is to incorporate it with the coaching I have been doing for Beachbody which has been a great experience personally and financially but does not always allow for hands on training. After reading a business plan that our CEO shared with us I decided that it would be the best way to expand my business and help as many people as possible.

Good luck with your test and feel free to contact me if you want to share ideas:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.