lEtS gO---> tUeSdAy---> AuG. 12

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today was HSTA! Whew! I got thru it, leg presses and all!!!!:D I did alternate the leg presses: every other one with the band, just to mix it up. Killer workout! I used all the same weights Cathe did- really liked the bicep work and all the different pushups.

Gin~ Enjoy your first day today! We want details!!!;) How was HSTA for you? I changed the rotation slightly for next week, since I'm going on vacation and also I noticed I put the Gauntlet down for the first week of school, and I won't have the time to do it. (I will post the change at the end of the post, if you want to do it) Oh, yes, I wake up at 4:30 am during the school year. The alarm goes off, I hit snooze 2X, get out of bed about 4:50ish eat a lite something, and am working out by 5:20ish.:eek:

Marcy~ What's on tap today? What are you doing with all your free time? Exploring your new area? do you miss NY?

Week 3:
sunday: ME
monday: RS or MIC
tuesday: Gauntlet (or any off of the terminator dvd) and short abs of choice
wednesday: 45 min treadmill run
thursday: ME
friday: KM bootcamp
sat and sunday: off (vacation!!)

week 4:
monday: MM
tuesday: imax 3 (first day school/boys- and teacher in house for me!!:))
wed: bootcamp/me bonus combo and KPC abs
thursday: 45 min treadmill run
friday:MM
saturday: KPC- no abs
sunday: off

weeks 5 and 6 are the same.

Have a rockin' day:cool:

Last edited:
Good Morning!

I had a tough time waking up this morning (took an allergy pill last night). I had planned on doing Muscle Max but woke up really achy all over. I was going to do just MM abs and maybe yoga to stretch out but checked my breathing and it was really good so I decided to tackle IMAX 3. The recoveries in this are way too short for me so I had to take extra rest after each interval. I got through the whole thing. Intervals 1, 4, 7 and 8 are usually the toughest for me. I got through 1 fine. 4 was tough and I had to stop early on the 2nd side. I got through all of 7. Had to stop right before doing the jacks on/off step but rested and finished and then did 2nd side without stopping. This one was tough and the recovery was almost non-existent. I had trouble on interval 8. On interval 10, I tired on the last set.

I also have a small family - 2 brothers, 1 niece from one brother, 1 nephew from the other and my mom.

Deanie - I just put pullups/chinups in randomly. I keep my bar up permanently so if I pass by and I'm feeling strong, I do a few. I also did 1 3/4 chinups today. Saturday we had a BBQ in our subdivision so we met some new people. Yesterday we went looking around in some antique shops and got some new canisters for the kitchen. Today DH has to go to the podiatrist. We basically keep busy working on the house, looking for jobs, going for interviews, etc. I recently picked up my needlepoint again. I try to stay busy but I really am ready to get back to work now. I miss my job in NY and my friends and family but I am enjoying it down here. It's a lot more peaceful and everything is cleaner and less congested. I also love the weather. It gets hot but seems to be less humid than NY. I also miss my Thurs. dance class. We did more progressive line dancing (not just country) and I miss all the different styles. Although I'm doing more ballroom down here which is new for me and a lot of fun. On Saturday, they did Nightclub Two-Step which I love (a mix of rumba, waltz and bolero) and tonight they're going to do Shag.

Glad you had a great workout. I love HSTA! (even better than Boot Camp). I like the variety (but not all the leg presses). Frankly, I don't feel too much with the leg presses. I try to incorporate more balance moves with the leg presses but I guess I don't feel them as much because my step only goes to 10".

Gin - Hope you got through HSTA okay. I also hope tomorrow goes well for you.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

This morning I also did HSTA and I had to talk myself into doing it!:( Don't know why I wasn't excited about it and kind of tired. But I made it through. It works everything! Those hundreds of leg presses just gets my HR go up.

I will have to post in the late aft from now on so hope you read it.
I started work today with the "Teacher Induction Program" for new teachers. It was one staff member after another talking to us about the school, etc. Glad I worked out this morning, since I had to basically sit from 9-3. I AM glad to be working there.

Deanie~Where is vacation next week? I may also have to change the rotation or work out sometimes after school so I won't be late. Or get up at 4:30 like you do!!:p Did you feel like you worked your abs enough with HSTA?

Marcy~Sounds as if you like some things better in GA and some things you miss about NY. Glad you made it through IMAX3....always tough stuff! Enjoy dancing tonight.

Have a great evening!

Hi guys!

Gin~ I usually check back on the computer in the evening, so I will "see" you then!;) I wasn't worried about my abs to much today, its TTOM for me, so I didn't care. But usually, yes, I do feel my abs were worked okay and don't want to add on any core work. Did you feel yours didn't get worked enough? Vacation next week is just a 3 day trip to Cooperstown and Shea stadium to watch the Mets vs the Astros! (you know we love our baseball!;)) We leave Fri morning. We couldn't take a real vacation, because DH started a new job in June. I am so glad you like being at the new job. How is the teacher you are working for? or is it too soon to tell?

Marcy~ Good job getting thru Imax 3! That's a tough choice for you since you are having breathing issues, so I think you did a great job! Glad you are enjoying where you live and making new friends.:)

I was going to get Cathe's workout manager nutrition program, but my brother recommended Fitday, so I may try that first, since its free. Have either of you guys tried/heard anything about that?

Have a great evening

Deanie~ Your boys will LOVE Cooperstown! Or have you been before? We were there when the boys were about 12 and 15 and my oldest (a big baseball fan) loved it! My parents are big Astros fans and had the games on in Houston last week when I was there.
The teacher that I will be working with I have known for years. I have heard from several people that she does not get along with one of the other K teachers who is next door. That could be quite uncomfortable!:eek: I really try to get along with everyone!
I don't know anything about Fitday, but maybe you could ask on OD. I haven't even looked at Cathe's Nutrition site. You eat so clean already. What are you wanting?

Hi Marcy!

Gin~ never been to Cooperstown and really looking forward to it!I have heard from several people that she does not get along with one of the other K teachers who is next door.<-- that could be uncomfortable! I hope its not true or over exagerated (sorry for the spelling!) I know I eat clean/or pretty clean, but I wonder if I'm getting all the nutrients I need and also I would like to start eating 40% protein/30% carbs/30% fat ( I think that's it, I have to look it up) to look more defined. I've been reading that's the ratio for definition.

Anyway, have a great evening! Are you watching the Olympics? we are, but they run so late we end up missing the 11-midnight events!:( We are sooo routing for Michael Phelps (he's from Baltimore! 1/2 hour from here!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.