: : : : Lets Go : : : : Monday : : : :

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was PS chest shoulders and tri. I got a really good workout today! Yesterday DH bought me a weight bench (60$$ at Target) and I used it today for the chest work. It really made a difference!

DSs birthday yesterday was great!!!! A lot of fun! We saw Get Smart (really funny:7 :7 ) and had fun shopping (the boys got stuff) and went out to eat. I had a portabella mushroom salad with cheese at the hamburger place!!LOL:p And to top it off, my DSs friend called and invited him for a sleep over!!!! I think DS had a great birthday:7 I have to say, I was/am such a BIG fan of the original Get Smart, I didn't think the movie could be good in any way, and I really enjoyed it!!!

Stats:
Chest
Decline pushups: done
Bench press light: 25#
Bench press heavy with bb: 67.5# (up 2.5)
Incline bench press with bb: 67.5# (up 2.5#)
Incline bench press with db: 31.25# (same)
Incline chest fly: 30# (same)
Super set: 25# (up 5#-was supposed to do 22.5#, didn’t realize:eek: !!)

Shoulders
Arnold press: 16.25 first set, 17.5 next 2 sets- doing only 8 reps last set (up 1.25#)
Clean and press:12# (up 2#-last week did first set at 10#)
Standing side laterals: 13.25 (same)
Reverse flys: 12# (up 2#)
Seated laterals: started with 16.25#, then realized we are doing 16 reps and dropped to 12#

Tricep
Close grip press:25# all 3 sets (last week started with 20# for 1st set)
Db extension: 12# both sets (last week one set at 10#)
Cross body kickbacks: 10# (I don’t see me ever getting past this weight for this exercise- this is sooo hard for mex( !)
Sub--> overhead French press: 31.25#
Dips with bb: 45# bb

Gin~ DH LOVED TX!! We were driving around yesterday and he was making comments like, In Texas we don't do that, or in Texas we are to cool to do this.:7 :7 (I should mention he has a New York accent!!) Too funny!! He really enjoyed him self!! How was the workout today? It sounds like you are doing to much cardio with all of Imax 3 and a run. Can you just do one? Why do you want to increase your cardio for the road trip? How was weight work?

Marcy~ I hope your weekend continued to be fun!! How was dancing with Dh? did you go yet? I hope you hear something about a job this week!! You must be climbing the walls by now! Hope you had a good workout!

Have a great day!!
I'll try to BBL,
Deanie

Hi Ladies!

I got a workout in yesterday - GS Chest & Tris. This is such a tough workout for me. I feel like she does way too much chest work in this and doesn't do an equal amount of chest & tris. Didn't get to finish Incline Flys, Close Grip Press and Kickbacks with band. I did Mix-N-Match again.

Did all pushups without extra rest
Dbbl Bench Press: 1st set - 23#, 12 reps (up 2#); 2nd set - 23#, 12 reps (up 3#); 3rd set - 23# 8 reps (up 3#)
Chest Flyes: Set 1: 18# 8/12 reps; Set 2: 18# 8/12 reps; Set 3: 18#, 6/12 reps
Dbbl Incline Chest Press: Set 1: 23#, 8 reps, Set 2: 18#, 11 reps
(didn't do inclines last time)
Dips
Dbbl Lying Extensions: Both sets 16# (up 1#); only did 7 reps on 2nd set
Dbbl Seated Extensions: 31# both sets (only 10 reps on set 1 and 6 reps on set 2)
Dbbl Cross Body Extensions: Set 1: 16#, 8 reps (up 1#); set 2: 15# 8 reps on R, 5 reps on L (should've stayed at 15#; forgot to look at my sheet from last time.
Cross Body Extensions - did with heavy band
Dbbl Kickbacks - Both sets 15#, 10 reps (up 2#)

I had to change the rotation for this week since I did C&T yesterday.
I did IMAX 3 this morning.
Had trouble with my asthma but tried it anyway. It's also been a long while since I did this one. It was also TTOM which didn't help matters. I've been so exhausted the last couple of days.
Intervals 1 and 2, I did okay.
Interval 3 - needed more rest on blast
Interval 4 - did step but couldn't do blast
Interval 5 - did step and plie jacks but didn't do recovery jumps in between
Interval 6 - modified on step but did whole blast
Interval 7 - did step, rested then did part of blast but had to stop when she started the triple combo.
Interval 8 - did step (modified); did blast but not full out
Interval 9 - Did whole interval
Interval 10 - did whole interval

Deanie - DH did go dancing with me although he felt a little intimidated watching everyone so he just sat and socialized but at least he went out with me which is a start. I have to admit the teacher wasn't the greatest for a beginner to start with. The last dance he kept demonstrating it different ways and with different counts and even I was confused.

Great workout as usual. Congrats on the weight bench! I'm glad your DS had a great birthday. I used to like Get Smart too. Real corny, but it was still funny. Steve Carrell is a great person to play Agent 86.

I have to admit I am climbing the walls a bit. Someone just contacted me about a job I responded to. She said she couldn't match close to my salary but was referring me to a friend of hers who is a legal recruiter.

Gin - I have to agree with Deanie that running, BS&B and IMAX is a little much all on one day. I think that would be considered overtraining. You're the cardio queen. Is there any reason you feel like you have to do extra cardio? You must have a lot of endurance. Is it to lose a couple of extra pounds?

Have a great day! I'll try to BBL too.

Marcy

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was GS BSB, C&W abs and IMAX3. Weights stayed the same as last week. I decided to go with the entire IMAX3 b/c I didn't run today, but I was really pooped out by the end!!:p I am wanting to increase the amt of cardio before the RT so I'll be ready for the extra cardio that we'll be doing there. I have been more tired than usual lately. I know I haven't been drinking enough water, but I am also going through menopause and wonder if that is a symptom!?!? I used to be able to sleep 7 hours a night, but now I want to sleep 8 or 8 1/2. I feel lazy doing that, but I am tired.

Deanie--Sounds as if your ds had a great 12th b-day!:) I remember my brother watching Get Smart on tv. Glad the movie was good. The portabella mushroom salad sounds yummy! I bought some at the store yesterday. So glad your dh liked TX. Did he come home with a pair of cowboy boots, a 10 gallon hat or a thick Texas drawl??;-)

Marcy--How was dancing with DH? What was your workout today?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Oopps! Marcy, we were posting at the same time.
Glad you DH went with you to dance. Like you say, that is a start. I'll admit I too modified IMAX3 a bit. I was quite tired at that point. Don't know why I have the crazy mindset that when it comes to working out, the more the better. Talk me out of this craziness, please!

Gin - I've been a little more tired too. That's why I missed a couple of workouts this week. Probably TTOM, but I've been feeling like I need to do more cardio now to keep my belly from protruding too much (that's always the first place weight gain shows). The only problem is when I do too much cardio, I tend to overeat.

As far as more cardio for you, how much more cardio are you doing on the road trip than what you usually do in let's say 3 days?

Marcy

Hi Again!

Marcy--As far as the amt of cardio I'll be doing on the RT..Fri-step/upper body class, Sat-3 classes (step, lower body, kickbox?) Sun-cardio (step or kickbox?) I just want to be able to keep up.:eek: I may have no choice but to just collapse in a big heap!:p

Deanie-How sweet of your DH to bring home the weight bench for you! You have more fun fitness "toys"! I want to come play at your house!;-) Tell me about the weighted vest. Where did you buy? How much? How much does it weigh? Can you add weight to it? I wonder if that is the option I want for the STS legs. Hard to know until you see the workouts.

Hi guys

Marcy~ great workout yesterday!! I like the way you did Imax 3's 5th interval!!!:+ It was smart of you to modify like that. I hope you hear from the legal recruiter soon.

Gin~ I bet you are in better cardio shape than you think!! You run 3 days a week and do other cardio. I would be surprised if you couldn't keep up for 3 days. It looks like the only extra cardio you are doing on the road trip is on Sat with kickbox??. What if you just add 15 min. more on to your runs? My DH looked for boots for me, but I already have: red, denim, brown and black cowboy boots, and off white biker boots (harley davidson). Also, Lucheese (sp?) are the only boots I know I'm a 6. Otherwise sometimes I'm a 5.5 and sometimes 6.5, so no boots! Did you ever order the platemates?

my weighted vest: I bought it at Dicks Sporting goods, its a GoFit. It was 75$$ish. (I had a gift card) It is 20# and you can take some weights out to make it less than 20#. They also come in 50#, but I think 20# is a good start. I also use it instead of the barbell for warm up squats and lunges when Cathe uses a 20#bb. And I use it for step ups and just hold 15 or 20#dm instead of holding a 35-40#bb on my back. I am really enjoying using it.

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back