Laser hair removal

Anyone ever get this done?? I'm wondering how effective it is. I know it's fairly expensive but sounds so worth it to me if it really works. (HATE shaving and am tired of waxing) I'm interested in hearing especially from those who had it done a long time ago to see how it's lasting. But will take any input on this topic.
Thanks,
Lisa

My sister's having it done right now on her bikini area. It takes several sessions over a few months & you're supposed to stay out of the sun during the entire process. She said it hurts but not to the extent that she'd stop doing it (let's face it, we ladies will endure almost anything to be beautiful). I can't remember how much it costs but it's not cheap. I can't tell you anything about the long lasting effects, but I know she's very excited about it.

My daughter did my underarms in her office. I have had 4 treatments and there is a tiny bit of hair growth still. She did up the laser settings the last time. It works best on coarse dark hair like underarms, bikini area etc.. She has tried it on her legs and a fellow PA's legs. She has been disappointed in the results and the time it takes. They use a YAG laser.
Diane Sue

When I lived in the UK (I've just moved to the US with my American husband!), I worked as an Injury lawyer and had two cases where people suffered terrible burns from laser depilation - the problem was that one of my clients had a tattoo and the laser operator didn't know that you shouldn't laser tattooed areas (the carbon particles in the black tattoo ink attract more heat from the laser and basically intensifies the heat causing burns). My other client was Indian and had darker skin - the operator didn't realise that you are supposed to use an entirely different laser for Asian or darker type skin. Other than that, I hear that the results of laser depilation are good - my mother has had her eyebrows done and was very pleased with the results.

Josie

I have tried it for several sessions and it's really effective. You can avail of different affordable packages though, just check online and you will get one. I just got my contacts online and they are really an expert on laser hair removal.

I had it done years ago. Very effective. I used to have to shave every day and I would have 5 o'clock shadow on my legs. Now my legs are smooth. I have a few new hairs that have grown in, but that is just part of the way your body works with new hair growth. I used to have a once a year maintenance lasering, but haven't even done that in several years. I now only have very fine light hair that you can't see or feel. Since I haven't done the maintenance in awhile, I do have a few darker hairs that I just individually pluck. I have light skin and dark hair and it worked well. My daughter had it done and her's wasn't as effective. She has darker skin. When having it done you have to be consistent with your appointments. I had to stay out of the sun 10 days before and 10- days after treatment. Although I could go in the sun after that it was recommended that I try not to get a tan because it would reduce the effectiveness of the next treatment. It was slightly painful, but worth it for me.

Jean

I have had it done on my lower legs. It cost me $600 I think for 6 sessions. I have light skin with very dark hair. It was very painful for me - especially the first few treatments. It worked pretty good. I have not done maintenance treatments yet. I do still have hairs but a lot less and it grows at a slower pace. I do not regret doing this and will do the maintenance on it going forward.

I believe it works best on light skinned, dark haired people.

Good luck. I really love shaving a lot less frequently than before!!
Winter

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.