Krinkles in Knees

I think Sissy squat should hit muscle above nicely.;):):cool:

Woah, Nathalie... I have never done these, but Zowie, Wowie.... They should definitely do the trick. Do you know if any of Cathe's have Sissy Squats in them? I also suspect you have to be Very careful with your back doing these.. have you in fact done them???

Mary

Woah, Nathalie... I have never done these, but Zowie, Wowie.... They should definitely do the trick. Do you know if any of Cathe's have Sissy Squats in them? I also suspect you have to be Very careful with your back doing these.. have you in fact done them???

Mary

Hi MARY,

I have tried out the real sissy squat with a gym tool years ago. It is pretty much a seat and stand progression. It burns quads big times :p. Well they felt like a progression.

That said, I have done more seat and stand reps compared to the real sissy. The torso need to stand up right, no collapsed /leaning forward torso. Stabilisers/core are engaged and brassed throughout the movement. I will post clip of Cathe's lean legylater on when I get a chance. :)

There is an exercise in cathe's lean leg which could be IMHO a modification of sissy. I will look at the clip and see if it's illustrated.

Last edited:
Nathalie,
Thanks so much for all of these. I actually think I have the idea ( finally)- mainly about the way the body is titled. With all the Cathe's I havek, I don't have LL.. I just bought 3 during Mary's sale, so I will wait, but will practice doing sissy squats during regular squat time. I did the Sleek video just now, and truthfully, I see that Barre as a tack on, and/but I did like it quite a bit. I get challenged by "new" things..
Again tks, Nathalie..

Mary

Interesting Thread. Has Barre worked for anyone to actually get rid of the knee wrinkles? If so, how/why?

I currently have great strength, power, definition and muscle tone in my legs (including all around my knees), but I still have those knee wrinkles. I don't believe it is from lack of muscle or excessive fat. It is just....skin....that wrinkles, I believe. I didn't have it until I had my behemoth child after gaining tons of weight and fluid years ago. It just never went away. I really gained all of my leg muscles from doing plyo work and heavy weights (after having super skinny, no muscle definition legs all of my life). I don't want to stop doing those types of workouts to try barre and end up losing my progress. I do throw Barre into my rotations every now and again (couple of times per month?), but I am not understanding how/why barre would help the knee wrinkles. I know barre is great for endurance and muscle gains, but am not understanding how it would get rid of the wrinkles?

Any clarification is appreciated!

Just like Gobias, I am looking forward to reading scientific evidences barres could help resolve issue discussed in this thread.
Gobias, I wouldn't waste time [emoji123] deviating from strengthening muscles :) :-D.

Willing to learn why and how it would help!;);)

Oh just to add I do not relate to the topic!:)

Last edited:
Great thread going here ladies! As I'm entering my mid 40s I too have noticed this issue...I have been doing more barre work lately along with the heavy weights. As we age not only to our muscles age but our skin as well-this can be more of an issue with sun damage and giving the appearance of "wrinkles"... as skin loses elasticity along with the laws of gravity we get that undesired look[emoji26]. All the above exercises can help to firm up the muscle under the skin but reversing the wrinkles in the skin is difficult to do. I guess for me I will continue doing what I do exercise-wise, wrinkles and all. Again-great thread as I have notice this in my own knees but I believe it's more of a skin issue versus muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we age not only to our muscles age but our skin as well-this can be more of an issue with sun damage and giving the appearance of "wrinkles"... as skin loses elasticity along with the laws of gravity we get that undesired look
emoji26.png

Yep:eek::eek:. Again I can not wait to read document explaining and proving how barres could restore this elasticity
putting some plastic surgeon to an early retirement and eventually decreasing retinol turnover.;):confused::oops::oops::)

Last edited:
Barre exercise won't "restore" skin elasticity, but will target muscle directly under the skin. By firming up the muscle and giving it definition this will also improve skin appearance. Sunscreen and daily lotion will help as well. Never a magic fix for creppe skin (which is what I call it...the thinning of skin with age) esp on top of the much-visible thigh area! Hopefully a combination of the above may help to improve this undesirable happening!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.