KK's September thread!

Rhea

Cathlete
Okay, here it is.

I'm on a recovery week, so no workouts for me lately, just lots of work. I would so rather workout, but the body is tired.

Good Evening!

Oh, my gosh, a September thread. I was trying to remember, but didn't, so thanks Rhea.

Yes, I think you lawyers work pretty hard. Like I said, I have a case coming up and I'm doing it pro se and it's a lot of work...:confused: Not to mention confusing.

Hi Janie! Hope you're having fun with the family. Bet you are.

Today was Cardio Core -- it was tacked onto yesterday's workout of Push/Pull that doesn't have a strong ab section, so I thought I'd do cardio core today to get not only the anaerobics, but some core work, too. And yeah, yesterday was Push/Pull.

Well, now that I've ordered the new workouts, can't wait to get them.

Have to run. My days are now filled with reading law, court procedure, etc. Sigh...

Have a super day everyone.:D

Today was Cardio Core Circuit (CCC). I also speed walked Rolly for an hour at 3 to 3.5 mph. Burned 603 calories.

Rhea, Thanks you for starting our Sept. thread. Great job on your workouts and earning a recovery week.

KK, Will be taking care of Adrian Friday and maybe Sat. His parents bought a house and moving into it. Great job on CC. You are doing such a good job.

Janie

KK - wish I could help you with the case, but I'm a criminal attorney, so unless you got arrested lately (LOL, I don't think so...) Civil has so much paperwork and it bores me to tears. But if you do have questions, feel free to pm me, I might not be able to answer, but you never know. I might remember some things from law school or my civil practice.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm going to have fun and Saturday and then probably be working Sun and Mon (trial next week)

Will try Rolly on the treadmill tonight and see what happens. Today was disc 7, chest, shoulders and biceps. It was great.

Janie

So how did Rolly do on the treadmill? I bet he like it once he got used to it.

My dogs would probably be afraid of the darn motor on the treadmill. They are such chickens sometimes (for being hunting dogs especially)

Did Hitt Double Wave Pyramid and burned 300 calories. They say the met is 10 I think for me it was 7. I training Rolly on the treadmill. He was frightened at first but I think he will enjoy it later. We'll see.

Rhea, Rolly did OK for his first time on the treadmill. He was frightened, but I think he will get use to it if I keep it up.

Have a good one,

Janie

Glad Rolly did okay on the treadmill. I bet he will get used to it soon.

I could never figure out those Met things. I just go by my HR and the amount of effort I could put into a workout.

I think I'm going to do Step Moves today. I'm supposed to do a HIIT workout, but my sinuses are not really in a good condition for that type of workout. Steady state is more like it for me today.

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day.

Good Evening!

Sorry, I've been MIA, too. Life gets busy. Deep breath...

Today was Total Body Sculpting, going heavy and a run with the dogs.

I didn't know you were a criminal lawyer, Rhea. That must take some confront. Yeah, this is civil and you're right -- the paperwork is tremendous. And my goodness what a lot of work. But it's important, so...

Of course I have questions, but I know your time is valuable and all... So I research laws and court procedure and I've certainly been learning a bit about our legal system. Thank goodness for the internet, it makes the research easier, I think. We have a hearing coming up soon and we're preparing for it so time is short.

Janie, how did your dog do on the treadmill? We don't have one. Interesting. I'm so into exercise but we don't have the machines -- I do have weights, however, and alot of exercise clothes and videos.:D

Well it's back to the internet and to researching... Have a super day tomorrow, everyone. :)

At least you are keeping up with your workouts KK! I have not worked out much this week. Darn allergies/cold/whatever has been getting to me. I think it is just allergies and it has been dragging me down. Been very windy and I think the buck brush, and the rest of the rag-type weeds are in full bloom. I've heard a lot of people complaining about the allergies this fall. Oh well, I think I will be back on the full workout schedule on Monday. I'm just going to have to start the 90 rotation over again (since I only did one of the workouts the first week, I might as well start anew)

Getting ready to do STS legs disc 9. Then take a shower and prepare sourdough for baking tomorrow. Will walk Rolly in-between rains. Poor guy, he hasn't walked since it's been rainy. He's to afraid of the treadmill and decided it wasn't worth it for him. I want him happy and spoiled.

Rhea, I think the met things me how much effort you put into the workout. Love Step Moves, enjoy it.

KK, TBS is thee workout when you are so busy and a run on top of that, great. Good work!

Have a really nice day,

Janie

Good Evening!

Wow! What a day. This court case really takes alot of work. Like I said, Rhea, my respect for you has skyrocketed.

Haven't worked out today, but I might before I go to bed. We'll see. Tomorrow is another busy day, complete with writing conference and then more work. Luckily, the workouts seem to help me through this, also. :)

Luckily, our allergy season is behind yours and ours hasn't started yet. We're still in the heat of summer down here. Hot, hot and more hot. I, too, suffer with these and so I'm not looking forward to it, either.

Janie, looks like you've got everything going well. I haven't been able to get that culture going to send because I've been so busy. I did make another one that fed us for about 2 weeks (kept us in bread) but I didn't have any left over. I haven't forgotten, however.

Have a super weekend, everyone!:D

Just relaxing today, playing games on the computer, walked Rolly finally. It's pleasant. Here are some pictures of the bread I baked yesterday. That was a busy day!

391752317.jpg

391754515.jpg

This is whats most likely keeping me from losing weight.:( I'm not bad off but could be at a better weight.

KK, Sorry the court business is so time consuming. I can't even wrap my mind around it. All the more power to you for doing this.
Like I said before, send the culture when you have time, no biggie. I just want you to stay healthy and not worry about stuff you don't have to worry about.

Take care,

Janie

Yum, that bread looks very good Janie. I sure wish I could eat bread again. Darn yeast allergy. I love to make bread too, but I probably won't for quite a while. I'm hoping that a good six months to a year off of eating any yeast will help me to get over the food intolerance. I am finding that I'm able to eat chicken and some egg yolk much better now. I just have to make sure that I don't eat it all at once and too much (like daily), then I'm okay.

Well, I'm starting the 90 Turbo Fire rotation today. I think it will probably be half way through when the new Cathe dvds come out. Then I can probably mix things up a bit and fit them in.

Have a great rest of the day. I hope it is not rainy so Rolly gets his walk. I know my dogs are going to miss their yard when we get to the new house. Of course, they could just go run the golf course I guess (after hours that is...cause they would steal the golf balls from the golfers!)

Getting ready for disc 10, chest, shoulders and biceps. Will walk Rolly later if weather permits.

Rhea, This bread is made from a culture I made here in my own back yard. It's a wild yeast starter. It is in no way bought from the store. Would you be tolerant of that? Can you eat gluten free bread? I hope so, bread is such a popular commodity. Congratulations for starting the Turbo Fire Rotation. Let me know how it goes.

Have a good one,

Janie

Janie - it is plain ole yeast that gets me, no matter what it is in. Even wine (which I have totally been cheating with lately) I do much better when yeast is completely out of my system. Oh and if I have a combination of both yeast and sugars....look out...my poor ole tummy is like a batch of uncooked bread. I swear it rises!

Had an awesome workout yesterday. Great energy, form and I think I was putting in at least a 9 (on a ten scale) of effort even at the end. Today is a HIIT workout and I'm thinking of adding a little steady state card since the workout is only 15 minutes. My time goal on my HR monitor is actually 7:55 for the week. I sure would like to get to that this week.

Tomorrow I'll be in Portola with DH. Might even golf. Wee. Have a great rest of the day.

Good Evening!

Hi Rhea & Janie!

What a weekend. Much, much work. But there you go...

It seems that I am busier than ever since I've been laid off. Interesting. That old Chinese proverb keeps going through my mind -- it is a curse --you know the one, right?

Anyway, I am so totally not doing well on my workouts. Today it was a 1/2 hour run this morning with my dogs. Am hoping to get in a little something before bed.

Janie, that bread really does look good. Mine doesn't come out looking like that -- but then mine is also Eziekiel -- I need to learn how to spell that word -- but yours have risen much more than mine. Yum!

Rhea, that is exciting that your workouts are doing so well with you. I love hearing that. You know, like you I am allergic to many things -- but the one thing I'm highly allergic to is mold. In almost any form. Mold. Geez. So I have to really watch it on things like beds and pillows and especially when I go away from home -- some of those motel rooms are very, very mold ridden.

Anyway, am hoping to get in another workout yet tonight. Sigh...

Have a super day everyone!:D

Did Step Moves tonight and walked Rolly.

Rhea, It must be so awful to be allergic to anything. So far I've been very very lucky not to have any allergies except with Joey's kitties. They make my eyes itch. All I have to do though is just wash my hands and I'm OK. Great workout, so proud of you! Have fun in Portola and perhaps golfing.

KK, I think you spelled Eziekiel right. It looks good to me. I'm not doing so good on my eating, so we can pout together. Let's try harder K?

Take care,

Janie

Eww mold,that can be nasty stuff.

Well, I had lots of energy yesterday and added on Step Moves after doing that HIIT workout. I really have fun with the Step Moves now that I have it down. I do have to modify because I make myself dizzy sometimes with all the turns! I don't turn when we go around the step, I just don't have enough room and I trip myself up. I can be such a klutz! I really tried to keep my HR down for a moderate workout, but after a while that it hard to do. So I workout in the top end of my zone, oh well. I'm not huffing and puffing, but the HR stays in the 140s to 150s. At least it drops fast when I stop.

Okay, better stop yaking. Talk to you later.

Good Friday! How is everyone doing?

I've been really good with the workouts this week. I even added on to yesterday's Fire 30 class. Ended up doing a 4 mile jog/walk ....mostly walk.... in the evening. Not too many evenings left before that nasty cold weather comes along, want to take advantage of it that is for sure.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.