KK's May 2010 Thread

Hi,
Today's workout was a premix from Lowmax, 4-7 intervals. After work was a bike ride in the wind and some sprinkles at the end. Rode with a girlfriend and a co-worker so it wasn't too miserable. Looks like tomorrow's workout is 4DS Bootcamp Circuit Upper Premix, interesting. Will also golf after work with a couple girlfriends. That, I'm looking forward to.

Good night,

KK, My condolences for your MIL. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Do take care and be careful driving during your travels.

(((((Hugs, prayers, hugs, and more hugs to ya.)))))

Janie

Last edited:
Did Step Blast today. Whew!

Looks like you all are doing very well on your workouts. Very proud that we are consistently doing them. You can't get better than that.

Take care and keep going,

Janie

Hi,
Today's workout was 4DS Bootcamp Upper Body Premix. It was a good circuit. After work was golf, which was fun, even in the wind. Just a relaxing time with the GF's.

Janie, good job on Step Blast. I like that one. Think I did the whole thing the other day.

Going to Reno tomorrow to pick up our grandson for the weekend. Looking forward to that.

Take care,

J.

Getting a late start today and since Joey is gone babysitting his grandson Anthony, thought about one of the STS cardios (heavy bag) and long walk with Rolly today. Have to talk to him about peeing in the front room while I was getting my breakfast.:( I didn't say a word to him, I thought it was all under control, but it's not his fault, I wasn't watching him properly. Just a little more reinforcement and he'll be fine. Two accidents in two weeks is pretty good.

Jeanette, Great job on 4DS Bootcamp;). So nice to spend time with GF's isn't it? Good for you.

Have a nice weekend with your grandson.

Janie

Good Evening!

Hi!

My MIL's funeral was on Wednesday and we left Montana on Thursday -- 22-24 hour drive -- that we drive straight through -- so we arrived here some time late on Friday, but I forget exactly what time.

So today is my first day back. Meanwhile, while we were gone, one of our cats, Kali, went missing. My DH didn't tell me as he knew how upsetting this is for me. But even he was concerned when it went 2 days and she was still missing. Luckily we were on our way home -- but we had 3 different people taking care of our pets -- one of them is almost deaf -- but another one of our friends who was cleaning the cat boxes heard her and found her locked in a closet by mistake -- she then let her out and Kali went instantly to food and water and is now okay. Thank goodness. Unfortunately the fellow who was staying here just didn't hear her.

No one to blame -- but a good lesson for us. When a cat goes missing one of the first things we must insist on is to check all closets and open all closets. I'm so glad that we asked 3 of our friends to check on our animals while we were gone.

I will miss my MIL. We were close, and I have loved her very much and still do love her. But I also know that she's okay and that our loss will be someone else's gain in another place and time.

Today was the old #4 FIRM -- really like that workout -- short, 42 minutes -- yet very effective. I have trouble finding a full body circuit workout that's less than an hour.

Also put on 4 pounds this last week. Unfortunately I was eating things I never eat and I had no scale with me to check my weight -- and there it is 4 pounds heavy from the highest weight I can easily tolerate (means get into my clothes.)

Well, I guess that's about it. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

Hi,
Welcome back, Karen! I am so sorry about your MIL. You were blessed to have a great relationship with her. Know she will be missed, but I'm sure she's in a better place now. So glad you found your cat!! Oh my!

I didn't work out this morning as Monday is my rest day, but tomorrow will be a full body workout, maybe Push/Pull or Supersets or something. Still creeping my way thru FitnessFreak's Get Ready for Summer rotation. By the time I get done with it, it will be winter, LOL! Yesterday's workout was Step Moves, but got interrupted by having company come over. They called first and I had to go clean the house up like a mad woman!

Hi Janie, know you will get Rolly under control with the urinating thing. Sounds like he is doing really well. Bet you are enjoying getting to know him.

Rhea, how is the Challenge going?

Gotta run, might golf tomorrow after work if the weather allows.

Good Evening!

Well, I've decided to do the Blast Series TimeSaver this week. Yesterday, I did 4DS Bootcamp cardio/anaerobics only. And today, I decided to try the TimeSaver again. I'd only done it the once and then gave it to my daughter -- but I bought it again, so...

So today I did the first workout on the TimeSaver and it was good. There is a little extra footage on the weight portions of the workouts, I noticed (since I'm now very familiar with the entire Blast series). So we'll see how this does to shock the body, so to speak.

Am working on my weight that I put on while I was in Montana. Geez. No let up on that weight once we start getting on in years...:(

Anyway...Jeanette, seems like your doing great. I so love both Push/Pull and Supersets. Fun, fun workouts -- and that bicep workout -- whew! Gets me every time.

What with me doing shorter workouts now, I notice that I'm not quite as strong as I used to be -- I put in a request for Cathe for shorter, yet intense weight and circuit workouts. How she'd do it, I don't know -- but if anyone can figure it out, it's Cathe.:)

Hope you were able to get in some golf. What a wonderful game -- if only because of the beauty that surrounds you as you play.

Hi Janie! Hi Rhea! Have a super day everyone!:D

Joey doesn't feel comfortable with the Summer rotation, so will do other workouts he likes. Today we did Power Hour. He liked that one. I like to keep him interested so he will continue to have fun. Sometimes he is just not coordinated enough to do the other exercises, and it is hard for him to hear women voices. I need to keep him going at all cost with stretching and exercise. I think he is low intermediate and wants to stay that way. He doesn't want to build, just enough exercise to keep him going is fine with him. Me, I will do extra stuff after our workouts are done. I'm thinking a cardio, since I can't run or go too fast walking with Rolly on a rocky road/trail.

Jeanette, LOL you are so funny. Fitnessfreaks rotation is a long one, but very effective I'm sure. Good for you.

Rolly is now officially potty trained. He is such a smart doggie and a joy.

KK, Love the Blast Series, enjoy it. I love that series too.

I know what you mean when gaining weight. I too have the same problem. You have to nip it at the bud otherwise it gets out of control very soon, and it's hard to get back where you want to be.

Take care everyone and have a great day.

Janie

God Evening!

Today was workout #2 on the TimeSaver Blast series. Believe it or not, I'm sore. :eek: But then I've only been doing these shorter workouts for well over a year now. Anyway, it was a good workout.

Janie, it's so wonderful that you do the workouts with your DH and cater to him. Love it. Yes, the weight goes on so easy and comes off like it's become stuck. Sigh...:(

Hi Jeanette & Rhea.

Have a super day tomorrow everyone!:D

Good afternoon!

Well on my way through the 98 day challenge. It is a lot of work with all the food calculations and posting, but that's what I need right now. Tell you what, great accountability when you have to write down everything you put in your mouth.

I think I'm going to be doing another round of STS as my main weight training. I'm starting to get my rotation down. So far I've been just doing what I want with regards to the workouts. I need to concentrate more on the weights again.

Well, off to work again. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Good Evening!

Today was #3 of the Blast TimeSaver DVD. Good workouts. Kinda fun, too. And I am really sore. Interestingly. I think I've gotten into ruts and haven't been shocking my body enough.

Nice to hear from you, Rhea. Yeah, I need something on my eating, too. I'm back to my tried-and-true, Eat and Stay Slim. Also am taking some B6 to help take off some of the water weight. We'll see. I really need to get control of the weight as I don't have the finance right now to get all new clothes. :confused: Deep breath.

Great on getting going on STS again.

Hi Jeanette & Janie.

Have a super day! :D

I did an oldy but goodie today, Vol 1 of the Firm, Body sculpting basics. I finally got it on DVD. I forgot how fast those reps are, really need low poundage on the weights. I'll probably be sore tomorrow from that killer lower body leg work at the end.

Hi everyone,
Sounds like we are all staying busy and doing our workouts. That's the main thing, just keep doing something.

No workout this morning, but did do Low Impact Cardio Blast yesterday, then a hard bike ride in the evening. Tomorrow will be a leg workout, then maybe golf later on.

Welcome back, Karen. The Body Blast series has great music, doesn't it? Cathe seems so fun and cheerful in those.

Janie, wish my DH would work out with me, but don't think that will happen. So glad you have Rollie under control. They are so much fun getting to know.

Rhea, hope you are enjoying your challenge. This weather around here is a challenge for sure. By this time of year, I've usually had to acclimate to the heat. Not so this year. Oh well, we'll probably jump right into summer soon and we'll be wishing for those 60 degree days.

Night all,

Good Evening!

Today was #4 workout in the TimeSaver blast series. This is a good series. Really working me out and it is a time saver. Tomorrow is legs on the workout schedule and then Saturday I plan another anaerobic day.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow. Sometimes I dread them, so we'll see.

Janie, I've enjoyed looking at each and every photo. Thank you so sharing. You are very pretty, Janie. I've seen similar dancers, by the way, at pow-wows here -- I love their costumes and I like the eye-full. What a beautiful dog, also. Breaks my heart to think of what happens to those animals that aren't picked, I must admit. Welcome back. Looks like an exciting trip.:eek:

Rhea, wow! I can't wait to hear about your new workouts. I've been working out, but you'd never know it by the scale. I'm so fighting these 5 pounds. And my jeans barely fit. I hate that feeling. But don't know what else to do but keep at it -- keep working out, eating sensibly and less. Sigh...:(

Jeanette, so good to see you out and doing your bike riding again. I took the way home through the mountains yesterday and there were a few bikers on the road -- made me think of you. A deer ran out in front of my car however. Scared us both. But I didn't hit him. I managed to stop short of him and he managed to dodge me. Thank goodness. Yes, I really do like that TimeSaver series -- and I need that TimeSaver right now.

Have a super day tomorrow everyone!

Where'd the pictures go?

Funny. I read through all your pictures, Janie, and then I posted and when I went back to look at them again -- including the picture of your dog, they were all gone. I wonder what happened to them. Huh.

Hi,
Let's see, Thursday was a rest day, Friday was STS Disk 29 for Legs, Saturday was walking 18 holes for golf, then a 15 mile bike ride at a good clip. Today will be High Step Challenge.

Our weather has been nice, finally. I need to get the weed eater out today, plus we may drive out to the woods to check out camping next weekend. Have to see how much moisture is still out there. We've had a wetter spring so we're not sure how it looks up there.

DS is here this weekend, working on his pickup. He set up the new wall tent in the front yard, complete with a wood stove in it, so he and DH slept out there last night. They are still there so I need to get busy and do my workout before they come in the house. Yep, only house in the neighborhood with a big wall tent in the front yard. Sheesh!

Karen, bet it feels good to be back at the workouts. We have lots of deer around this area too. Glad you didn't hit one.

Hi to everyone,

Had Cyndi (daughter) and Anthony (grandson) over yesterday. We had a lovely visit, watched Wii, TV, movies...ate a lot, popcorn, went out for dinner...Rest day. LOL

KK, I messed around with picturetrail awhile back, I must have done something not realizing anyone would look back at the pictures. Here are a few that I saved.

387152245.jpg

387051973.jpg

387051977.jpg

Jeanette, Great job on all your workouts Thur. and Fri. I've always like HSC. Have a good time with that one. Not easy for sure.

What is a wall tent? I sounds like so much fun! I'll look it up on the net.

Have a good one,

Janie

Last edited:
KK, Good job on the Blast TimeSaver. I like that DVD too. Lately I've been getting into ruts also. What to do?

Rhea, I understand a lot of people here on Cathe is doing the 98 day challenge. Keep up the good work. STS sounds really great for the challenge, keep us posted. Oh! I love Vol. one of the Firm. Good job! Hope you won't be too sore.

Jeanette, Good job on your workout and thank you for the the cheer on with all our workouts. Nice to hear that.

Our Rolly is doing really well. He goes outside to go potty all by himself now. I'm so proud of him. He still every now and then chases a cat, but only to play with. He would never hurt them.

KK, How was your hair appt.? Did your hair turn out like you wanted?

Jeanette, I wonder too, what has happened to the other animals. It saddens my heart.:(

I did have the most exciting trip. Don't know if I will ever do it again, but one can only hope.:)

Enjoy the rest of the day,

Janie

Good Evening!

Hi Janie and Jeanette & Rhea!

Janie, I love those pictures. Thanks for posting them and for sharing them. Beautiful new dog. What a sweety. Sadly, I wonder what happens to the other dogs, too. Sigh.:(

Jeanette, hope all is going well with you. Lots of bike riding and other workouts.

Hi Rhea! I see you have a new thread. I'll come on over and have a look.

So, today was Hiit #1 40/20 -- I consider that one the hardest one. But it's done now. Tomorrow -- I'll probably go back to Total Body Sculpting -- time factor again. Last week, I wasn't paying as much attention to time -- but then I wasn't touring. This week I have two more days of touring and then it will ease off to just a book signing on the weekends. Not so bad.

I get in ruts, too, Janie, and the only way I know to do is to do something different. I'm still fighting this weight. Sigh...:confused:

Well, everyone -- have a super day tomorrow!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.