KK's January Check-In 2008

KK,
Looks like you are doing Cathe's rotation also. I did IMAX3 yesterday (modified) and Muscle Max today in it's entirety. I feel it. Yeah! You are up to par on your weight. Good for you!

Jeanette,
Yes, I'm still writing and rewriting, but it's getting there slowly but surely. I remember the chest Shoulders and Triceps from P90X. It's not easy and with a spin session with that. WOW!! I'm so proud of you.

Rhea,
Were you able to workout yet? When your ready it will happen. Good Luck.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Good Evening!:)

Janie, I didn't know that this was on Cathe's rotation -- I haven't been checking her rotations cause I have to make up rotations that fit my schedule, which seems to be catch as catch can. But it's really cool that we've been doing the same sort of rotation. IMAX3 and Muscle Max are not easy workouts by a long shot. How'd you do with yours? Actually I did the 56 minute premix on Muscle Max today.

Glad to see the writing is coming along well.

Jeanette, I bet I'd like Amy Benito, as well. I am going to go ahead and order one of Cathe's intermediate/beginner DVD's -- just so I have it for times when I'm not feeling quite up to the intensity -- and for workouts at night. Hope the spin session went well. And so good on the P90X.

Rhea, good to hear from you. Have discovered that the step sections only from IMAX3 and IMAX2 -- complete with warm up and cool down and stretch are shorter and less intense workouts -- it's something I've been looking for in the evening.

The next few weeks are going to be really busy for me as I attempt to get all my promo in for the next book, write, and do the course -- I also have a course coming here for traffic (I got a ticket in CA before I came here.)

But busy is good, isn't it?

Well, have a super day tomorrow and have some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today was Cathe's HIS (step only) and then 30 minutes of Shiva Rea's yoga. The spin session last night never happened due to a family circumstance at Mom & Dad's that then was cancelled but too late for me to get to the bike session. Oh well. Maybe Saturday.

Karen, yes, busy is good, seems to be some people's comfort zone. I like busy at work, but tend to like to veg a bit at home in the evenings.

Rhea, glad you are enjoying the new computer. I got a laptop for Christmas but it will be going back for a replacement as the keyboard quit working. How is the shoulder doing? Are you looking forward to golf this year? I'm itching to golf again.

Janie, good job on the modified Imax3. I just got that workout recently, but have only done the first 5 combos from it. I liked it though.

Must go, hair appointment after work today. It sure needs that gray removed.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Well, no workout again yesterday. I felt guilty leaving work too early, so I worked instead. Took DH to Reno yesterday to go on his "guy" golf trip. I got to drive home in the snow storm. I'm actually stiff and sore today from driving. Probably because I was gripping the wheel so hard. It took me two hours to get home. Actually that is not too bad. I probably could have gone a little faster but my visibility at night is rough. (Lights are all starbursty because of my contacts)

I've still got that head thing going a bit too. Driving me nuts. But I don't want to workout and get worse, I'd rather just get it completely out of my system and then jump back into the workouts.

Jeanette - the shoulder is still tight. I'm trying to be a bit more diligent on the PT. I really want to be able to golf this year and right now that range of motion is out of the question. Which reminds me, I need to go take some Ibuprophen to take the swelling down. I have a hair appointment at 4:00 today too! Must cover those grays before they really show.

Well, I had better get to work.
Have a great day everyone!

Let's see -- it was BM2 just the first 30 minutes today and then an older step for about 30 minutes tonight. That workout at night does help me to take off the weight, but I'm really hoping I don't have to keep it up here on a long term basis.

Jeanette, I really like HIS, as well, and should incorporate that into my cardio's as well, particularly since I find the footwork a little difficult. Sorry about the no spin. How was the Shiva Rea's?

How interesting is that, that you and Rhea have a hair appointment on the same night. I need to get rid of my gray, as well. I'm just lazier than you both about it.

Rhea, I used to drive in snow storms, too, when I lived in Vermont (I loved Vermont, by the way) -- it's no fun, that's for certain and particularly at night. I'm glad that you got home all safe and sound. Don't worry about the workouts, just get well and then start again. I think you're wise to do this, actually.

Well, am going to buy Cathe's calendar this year and order one of her beginner workouts -- for these evening workouts. So I'd best do that and then start the long process of getting to bed.:eek: Takes me forever, it seems.

Have a super day tomorrow and do well on the workouts. Hi Janie!:7

Good morning,
Today was Tracey Staehle's Glute Camp and Bowflex lat pulldowns after each leg exercise. That's the sub for P90X Legs & Back. I will do Tracey's ab work from this same DVD tonite. My gray is gone now and haircut looks good.

Karen, glad the extra workout in the evening is helping. Bummer to think that you would have to do this all the time. My little roll around my waist is not moving too much. Could be perimenopause as I never had a problem with it before. Any suggestions on a supplement to help with that kind of weight gain?

Rhea, I hate driving in snow, rain or fog, especially at night. I have contacts too and the glare from headlights is troublesome for me too. Sorry the shoulder is still tight for you. I really, really enjoyed the golfing this last year. How does a person get to golf in a league or whatever organized events they have on a regular basis? I'm probably too much of a beginner but I thought I'd ask. Where did your DH go to golf? I saw "The Golf Guys" on the Reno channel a clast Sunday. They were golfing at a place called Squaw Creek. Looked like the alps around there. Spectacular and probably pretty pricey too. Have you ever golfed in Fall River?

Got to go, glad it's Friday!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Jeanette - there is a Woman's Club organization at the Golf Course. When you join, $35.00 a year, it gets you the national organization and then you have the ability to post your scores and get a handicap index. Hopefully, the golf course will be back open next year. I keep wondering what it going to happen. The person who contacts me about the dues for the Woman's Club is Marilyn Reddick. DH went to Mesquite, NV to golf. He said it was a really nice area. DH has golfed in Fall River, but not me. This summer I'm hoping to get to more areas then just our little course. (of course, I've got to get into shape first)

Head a little bit more stuffed today, so I'm just taking it day by day. Guess it gives me a great excuse to play with my computer and my Nintendo DS. I make myself do the Brain Age game which is supposed to stimulate my pre-frontal cortex so I'm.....hmmm, I guess so I don't get senile!!! LOL. Actually, it is pretty amazing how much I have to concentrate on some of the tasks.

Well, I had better get to work.....have a great day everyone!

KK,
What type of course are you taking that has you away from home for 3 mos? Enjoy Cathe's calendar.

Jeanette,
Hope your family is OK? Should do a Shiva Rea as well, next time on my off day. Thanks for reminding me of this particular yoga. Grey hair is my choice, afraid of chemicals. O well.

Rhea,
I despise driving in the snow, it is so unpredictable. Take care of yourself first, then worry about workouts later. Summer seems to be your best season, golf...

50 min. of of interval cardio today.

Thank you everyone for your continued support. That's why I love coming here. You all are great!

Janie

Well, I usually buy Cathe's things by check and so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have the calendar and the new workouts (for evening)! Yesterday, Friday was the Cardio only from the new Bootcamp -- really like that workout -- was alot of fun.

Today was my day off. And the weekends are busy for me -- 8 hours of course each day.

Jeanette, hope you got my email to you -- the thing I wanted to send you was copyrighted and so I couldn't post it here -- but did a little research and found this female formula that's completely natural -- no drugs or hormones -- and it really works. And parsley might help in the meantime -- it tends to help take off water weight.

Your workouts look great!

Rhea, hope that you get better very soon. Remember that colostrum might help, and also olive leaf extract, as well. They work for me. Is is possible that you might be having an adverse reaction from the flu shot -- many of those use therosole (can't spell that word) which is pure mercury. So if you think this might be so, here's a site to visit -- he has a formula that will help pull mercury out of the body.
That site is: www.phisciences.com and the product is crystal energy.

Hi Janie! Thank you so much for your support and compliments to us all. You are a real sweetheart and an inspiration, as well. Don't you love these new workouts! The course I'm taking is with my church, which is why it's so long. So much to do and learn.

Anyway, have a super rest of the weekend and some terrific workouts!:7

Sunday evening means that I look ahead to the week ahead of me and plan my week's workouts. This week should be pretty easy, as I plan to do the 4 day split.

Mon: HIS

Tues: LIS

Wed: Bootcamp

Thurs: Kickbox

Fri: IMAX1

Sat: ME -- Timesaver

Sun: Off

Well, that's it. Hope your weekend was great! Have a super day tomorrow!:7

Good morning,
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. Went to grandson's birthday party, rode my bike yesterday. Puttered around the house.

Today was Tracey Staehle's Parts workout. Pretty good, but I spent more time on the Pilates and yoga than I should have. Oh well.

Rhea, hoping you are feeling better. How was your DH's golf trip? So if you join the women's golf club, is there a schedule of play? Talked to Ceci Cesmat yesterday and she and I are hoping to play some golf together and maybe go to some other courses this year.

Janie, the family problem is okay for now (it's with my nephew and parents, who have helped raise him). How is your writing coming? Bet you are getting into better shape with the rotation you are doing.

Karen, enjoy the 4DS this week. Have you gotten good results with it? I emailed about the female formula.

Expecting a busy day at work today. Hopefully, I'll get to walk the track too. Hope this darn inversion layer lifts as it would be a lot warmer.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Well, darn cold caught up with me full time. So I'm just slugging the days out.

The women play Weds mornings and Sat mornings. Also we started playing at 5:30 on Tues for those who work since we all can't play on weds and sat. (Plus Sat, they sort of have their little "groups" and I don't feel very comfortable) Tues evenings are fun. Sometimes a little cold until our summer actually gets here.

Dh had fun on the golf trip. He was tired, but it was good to have him back home.

Better get back to work. Have a great day everyone. Did anyone buy the presale yet? I'm toying with the idea, but I think it will be quite a while before they are done filming and everything.

Started out to do HIS but remembered that I'd just done HSC on Sunday, and the weight work -- well, I need a day between them, so I ended up doing IMAX3 again -- only because I had on all the pink workout stuff and it matched.:eek: So tomorrow I start the 4DS series. I do like the results of the weight work, actually. I especially like varying this with my regular sort of workouts and also with CTX -- if only to keep the body guessing. Tonight it was CTX Kickbox.

Jeanette, am so glad that you really sort of sold me on the CTX series -- it's the series I use probably more than any other -- cause you can mix them up so much. Is there a family problem? Did I miss something somewhere? I hope if you're having a family problem that it all sorts itself out.

Rhea, don't know if you read my previous 2 posts, but have you thought that some of what might be going on physically might have to do with the shot? There is mercury in those shots -- it's in the perservative. My daughter got a shot about 2-3 years ago and it really threw her for a loop. She's been rather detoxing mercury since then. Some things that I know work for me (and of course I'm not a doctor) but they are olive leaf extract (did you know that it will help fight off bio-chemical stuff?), colostrum and if you want to detox the mercury, there's a really good product out at www.phisciences.com. It's called Crystal Energy. I use his products -- it's the Megahydrate that helped me to detox that spider bite fast -- it's also what we used on our dog when she got bit by a rattlesnake -- and she was over that bite in about 24 hours. (We also gave her MSM, but that's all.)

Anyway, it's a thought. Thought I'd mention it again, just in case.

Hi Janie! Hope the writing is going well. Am back into it now -- that and getting promo out for the new book coming out in March -- pant, pant. Hard to keep up with it all.

Well, have a really super day, everyone and some good workouts.:7

Good morning,
Today was SJP circuit, made me sweat. I'm departing from my P90X rotation. I got bored and didn't see results. Need to shake it up and work on my eating.

Rhea, darn it on the full blown cold. I've dodged the bullet now for going on 2 years, but the last one I had lasted about 2 months I swear. Glad your DH had a good time golfing.

Karen, bunny about your clothes and matching the workout!! LOL! I have nothing that matches at all. Glad the CTX was a good one. The cardio is intense enough and is fairly short. The family problems are with my nephew and my folks helping to raise him. He's just getting to that bratty age, 12 I think he is. So tough for Mom and Dad because they have Grandma too. I think they got some things straightened out for a while.

Hi Janie,

Got to run,

Jeanette

Don't you just love SJP? I haven't done it for a while -- and I'll have to get it onto my rotation. Glad it made you sweat. Today was HIS and tonight was All step.

The 4DS really does produce results. Especially if I mix it up with that rotation one week, my more usual routine, then CTX and etc. Just keep mixing up the rotations and it seems to really produce results. I like the weight work with the 4DS.

So there's a new presale? I have to stay up to date on this. What do you think of the new project -- I'm not sure I'm quite up to it. I'll probably preorder it anyway, however, since I almost always end up getting her workouts anyway. I really like Cathe's workouts.

Hi Rhea! Miss you on the forums.

Hi Janie! Hope all is going well with you!

Have a super day tomorrow -- tomorrow's workout plan is LIS.:7

KK,
Your workout plan looks really good. Do you modify at all? I still have to, but getting into better shape everyday. I know how hard it is to keep up with the book stuff. WEW! Thank you for inviting me over to your book site. Unfortunately I read the e-mail too late. Darn! I'm sorry KK.

Jeanette,
My book is coming along a lot faster now. I'm putting things together and having my hubby edit them. Still a long way off but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm at a point where it is looking so good that I just can't seem to stop. Therefore not having a lot of time to reply to you guys. Please forgive me. It seems I can't post everyday, but I will post as much as I can. I'm so hooked on what I'm doing that everything else becomes oblivious.

Rhea,
So sorry to hear about your cold. Try 1 part whiskey, one part lemon and 1 part sugar. Drink 1 tablespoon full when feeling lousy or coughing. That should help a bit.

Take care guys, and have great workouts.

Janie

Good morning,
Today was all of Christi Taylor's CIA 9801, hi-lo aerobics. Fun. I have a bike spin session tonite so didn't want anything too hard this morning.

Janie, that's exciting about the book coming along so well. After it is done, do you start the publishing part? I'm not sure what the process is there, though I'm sure Karen knows. Just post when you can. We all get busy.

Karen, there is a new presale. I haven't jumped on the wagon due to the price. I've heard lots of good comments about the 4DS. I need to go back to those sometime. So glad you are seeing results. I got the info on the female formula. Have you tried it? So far, my only symptoms that I'm aware of are the bloating/water retention. I'll have to see about it.

Rhea, hope you are feeling some better today. Boy that cold has been a miserable one for you.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good afternoon!

Today is much better. If I could have just stayed home instead of working, this cold would not have held on so long. I'm finally going to be able to get out of the office earlier today so I might be better in a couple of days. One of my problems, I guess is it a problem, is that I'm healthy enough not to really get so sick that I can't function. The only thing I really got from this was a stuffy head.(stuffed to the point of not hearing very well....was too funny in court, sounded like an old grandma when I spoke.)

So hopefully, some sort of light workout soon. I'm starting to get the itch.

Glad everyone is doing well. I haven't jumped on the wagon for the presale yet either. Pricey, but it is for 37 dvds.

Talk to you later!

Well, Georgie is growing up. As I write this, he is trying to "make love to my arm." He's too young to be fixed yet, but I can honestly say that he is growing up just fine.:eek: I guess he won't be a kitten too much longer, but he still is not a full sized cat -- and right now, he has his paws around my neck.:)

Today was LIS -- really good workout -- tomorrow is Bootcamp -- another great workout. No workout tonight -- had too much other stuff to do tonight when I came back from class.

Janie, I modify alot. I still try to jump somewhat, but I sure don't jump as high as Cathe and I never go up as high as she does in weights. Just keeping it to what I can do and trying to get better, even though I'm getting up there in age. Your book sounds like such fun -- I wish I could get this promo done so that I can concentrate on the book I'm supposed to be writing.x( Love the cold remedy.

Jeanette, I haven't started on the female formula yet -- I noticed today that they have a formula that doesn't have quite so many herbs in it. I am taking, however, a black walnut formula that is supposed to help with cysts and weight control and metabolism. Have just started it today. I'll let you know on it. (The reason I'm not taking their female formula just now is that I have some of that from Standard Process that I need to finish first.

Rhea, am really glad to hear from you. Yes, that is good news that you're just too healthy to really get sick. But it's nice to stay home sometimes, too, especially when it's just a little thing and you're trying to get over it. Hope the work load is good for you right now.

Well, I'm off to bed right now -- so much to do it seems. Have a really super day tomorrow everyone and some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today was Boot Camp (the original), with the core work saved until the end. Like how they have the premix that allows that. The bike spin session last night was good. I stayed an hour, the other fellas stayed probably another 1/2 hour.

Karen, how soon before Georgie can be fixed? Let me know how the black walnut formula goes. I'd love to rev up my metabolism. I really don't have female problems, just a slower metabolism it seems. Hey, we both had Bootcamp today!

Rhea, hope today finds you feeling better. When will you go back for more PT? I'm still on the fence about STS.

Hi Janie!!! Hope you are well, know you are busy.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.