KK's February 2007 -- Check In

Quick post:

I forgot to mention that I did IMAX3 today -- on the 4" step -- all those jumps get to me, but I notice that if I do them on a 4" step, I did workout and sweat, but without the added stress. Good workout.

Jeanette -- one more thing I thought I'd ask -- how is your father doing? Did he get out of the hospital? I hope all is all right.

Tomorrow, I have Bootcamp on my schedule, but the cardio in it is interval cardio and since I did an interval workout today, I think I'll change it to either KPC or Tae Bo -- that way I'll be sculpting the muscles which also getting in some steady-state cardio.

Have a super weekend, everyone!:7

Good morning,
Today was KenpoX. It's a great kickbox workout that I never feel in danger of throwing a hip out or hurting myself with. Karen, maybe you'd like this one too? I have my niece's baby shower to attend this afternoon, housework this morning and hopefully start painting the kitchen after the baby shower. That's enough.

Becky, good workout. I remember Legs & Glutes being tough with the ankle weights. Enjoy your weekend.

Rhea, who puts out Yoga For Athletes? I get Netflix so could maybe rent it if they have it.

Karen, the in P90X you have 3 recovery weeks out of the 13 week rotation. You do 3 weeks on and 1 off, 3 weeks on 1 off, and then 4 weeks on and 1 off. I'm at the 4th week on and next week will be my last recovery week. It's been a great rotation and I've seen changes I never got before, HONEST! The recovery week does have you doing a yoga twice, stretch twice, KenpoX once and a Core workout (it's tough) twice so it's not like you sit around, you just aren't doing the strength workouts and cardio only once. I found that my body "deflated" during both of my recovery weeks and I got even more definition. The only workout that I didn't do but twice during the whole rotation was YogaX. I usually did a Bryan Kest or Shiva Rhea or Eoin Finn. They are shorter and more yogalike. Just me. Sounds like your body needs a change from what you are doing, JMHO. Thanks for asking about Dad, he is home and over his bug, whatever it was. Wasn't pneumonia, we know that.

Have a great weekend.

Jeanette

Good Evening!:)

It was a premix of KPC for me today -- sometimes I like to have a day of no equipment exercise. Okay, I'm going to have to go and look at this site -- that kickbox sounds good, Jeanette. Yes, I do have trouble with overstretching or overdoing it and then pulling things out of place. It's why I do Cathe so much, cause I tend to be able to go heavier without pulling something out of place. It was a problem that I had with the FIRM and some other workouts, as well. Not that I didn't love the FIRM, but I did have this problem, which I don't have with Cathe=. But you're right, Jeanette, I need to do something different if I'm going to keep improving.

Am glad to hear that your Dad is doing well and that it wasn't pneumonia. Oh, Jeanette, my brother-in-law found an herb that helps to take off water weight (I have been complaining about my weight quite a bit) -- it's Uva Ursi -- it used to be used widely by physicians in the 18th century for urinary matters. I took it once today and have noticed a difference -- but I thought I'd pass this along to you for those times of the month when you have this problem, as well.

Hope the baby shower was great. We cleaned tonight so we don't have to clean tomorrow and am looking forward to a day spent almost entirely with my DH. :)

Have a super rest of the weekend. :7

Hi ladies. Popping in quickly to say hi. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Took yesterday off as a rest day. Today I did around 50 minutes on the treadmill. I studied by the pool today...it was so nice out. For some reason, this is the weekend before my block exam and I am relaxed. It must have something to do with the weather. Hopefully it will stay nice and I can do that in Tallahassee too.

-Becky

So great to hear from you, Becky. Sounds like a great day by the pool -- what better place to study? The treadmill sounds great, as well. Hope the exams go well. I'm sure they will.

Well, as usual on Sunday, I like to look over what I plan to do for the following week. Since I'm having touble with my weight (great trouble - dared weight is not coming off like it should...) I've decided to go back to what I know is tried and true for me schedule wise. At least this will allow me to save up the money for the P90X's -- they are a little expensive for me right now -- so I have to save up a little to get them.

Jeanette, I didn't know that this was on the same site where you order Charlene's workouts. You know, I gave my Charlene workouts to my daughter in New York and so I need to order some more, as well, cause I miss them...:eek:

Anyway, about next week, here's what I plan:

Mon...IMAX2
Tues...Muscle Endurance -- having revisited this -- I'm reminded of my love of this workout
Wed...BM2 beginning -- cardio only -- then stretch
Thurs....Drill Max premix -- 46 minute premix
Fri...PLB
Sat....PUB -- plus a short cardio
Sun....Off

I might change it around, but I remember when I was doing split days on my strength workouts that I was noticing some good change -- and no weight problems -- and although I don't think the workouts had anything to do with my weight problems, I'll still go back to what had been successful.

Well, that's all for now. Have a dazzling, wonderful day!
:7

Good morning,

Today was YogaX and for a change, I did 60 minutes of it instead of subbing another yoga workout. I did most of the vinyasas, added on the Yoga Belly workouts and some stretches at the end. It was good. I'm in my last Recovery Week of P90X. Will work DH tonite on Bowflex. Finished painting the kitchen (mostly) yesterday. No bike ride as we have snow on the ground. Probably around 4-5 inches at our house.

Karen, I'll definitely keep the Uva Ursi in mind and probably will hit the health food store this week and see if they carry it. Hope you had a nice time with your DH on Sunday, what with the cleaning all behind you on Saturday. Looks like a great rotation this next week. Hope it helps get you back to where you want to be. Could the extra weight be more muscle? Are your measurements larger than before? If not, then I'd be good with it.

Becky, glad you are relaxed for your big test. You will do well I'm sure.

Got to go, back to work today!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Well, Karen, the weight gnome has hit me too. I've gained an inch in the rear and the waist! I have no idea why, well, maybe the not so good eating, but I haven't really strayed any further than normal. I think right now I'm just holding on to water weight in the muscles. I did notice that sometimes in my morning workouts, non-cardio, that I would be sweating buckets. So I'm making myself drink more during the day, and then watch the salt too. Plus, I'll be cutting back on the carbs a bit. Probably too much wheat bread and milk products in my diet right now. I haven't weighed since last week, and I was only up 2 lbs., and it is actually mainly lean body mass since the bodyfat didn't change. Very interesting keeping track of the bodyfat and the LBM (lean body mass).

Anyway this weekend was B7G on Sat and for some unknown reason to me I did Low Max yesterday. I forgot how much that works the legs and I was supposed to be doing something not involving the legs...duh. Oh well, I survived and I'm not in too bad of shape, so far. We'll see if I can get out of my chair later today.

This morning I did GS back, shoulders and biceps. I'm not sure what tomorrow will be....I might try to do the Kickboxing in CTX.

I would love to get the P90X too, but I have so many workouts, that I'm having a tough time letting my self buy more.

Okay, back to work! Have a great day!

(Jeanette - do you think it will ever stop snowing?)

Good afternoon ladies.

I can't believe that I am still not really stressed! This is great. (although I am sure it will hit me later in the week)

Today I did KPC (And did ALL the pikes!!!) and then studied at the pool for 2 hours. That must be the secret to my decreased stress level (and maybe nightly wine? :) ?)

Hope everyone has a great day.

-Becky

How I love coming here at the end of the day to see how everyone is doing. It's great to read all your posts.

Rhea -- can't believe I put on another 1/2 pound yesterday -- and I have cut so far back on my eating. My carbs are way down -- almost no bread for me -- and have cut my fat way back as well. I'll keep cutting back and cutting back until I lick this thing. Eventually the body will lose the weight -- it's just frustrating. Sorry you are having this problem, as well. Interesting what you're saying about the extra weight work -- I was doing one extra day of strength work, but again, I really don't think it's the workouts. What I think is that the body is detoxing and keeping on water as a result of that -- although what's causing it to detox is beyond me.x(

Jeanette -- yes, my measurements are up, otherwise I probably wouldn't be so concerned. It's up by about 1/2 inch on my hips and my waist -- when I first noticed it, however, it was 1 inch up in my hips. It's now down to 1/2 inch.

It was IMAX2 for me today and I really did it up well -- jumping high -- which I seldom do -- in an attempt to do something to make the body lose... Great workout.

Becky -- all of the planks on KPC -- wow! I'm impressed. Planks are hard for me.

Jeanette -- great that you got the kitchen work done. That's so wonderful that you have snow on the ground. It has been a little cold here, as well. But I really like it -- and we've had rain.

Rhea -- great on your workouts, as well. It's great to see.

I really do want to get the CTX series & now the P09X, as well, plus I need to replenish my Charlene series. Whew! In the meantime, I'll just keep on trucking.

Didn't get much accomplished on writing today -- did mostly revision, which doesn't give me great page counts. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day and some super workouts!:7

Good morning ladies.

Today I did the Cardio and Weights premix of Body Max 2. It was supposed to be the C&W workout from the intensity series, but I accidentally forgot it in Pensacola. This one was more intense anyway!

Karen, sorry about the weight. Mine has went up a couple pounds too...I think it is due to the fact that I am stressed and my cortisol levels have increased (increasing my blood glucose and storage of fat). I feel it will go down again in June. (and I guess it doesn't help that my Tallahassee roommate is always making cookies or the fact that DH likes to uncork a couple of bottles of wine over the weekend). I consider myself a healthy hedonist right now. I don't want to withhold too much from myself...I am already knee deep in studying and withholding fun as it is! :)
But, I am still at ideal weight, so I am not worried.

Do you think it might be a temperature change that your body is responding to by retaining water?

Anyway, must get ready for class. BTW, still not exceedingly stressed out about Friday's test.

-Becky

Good morning!

I see that Jeanette hasn't posted this morning, and I bet she didn't get to workout either. Electricity is down in Susanville. I was very surprised to have electricity at work. Darn it I have to work.

No workout for me this morning because of the electricity, also no shower, no heat, no water, no toilet. (sometimes it is not fun living in the country) I yearn for commerical sewer systems. That's another thing that is okay being at work, even though I feel like a total grunge, I can at least go to the bathroom! Ah for simple pleasures.

Well, back to work. Have a great day everyone.

Boy, is it late! Seems I keep posting later and later.

It was Muscle Endurance for me today -- love that workout. Always feel so accomplished after it.

Rhea -- you made me laugh with your simple pleasures. It's no small thing to be without electricity -- we were without it for a day or so in the summer -- no AC, no frig, etc. My ever resourceful hubby, however, got the generator started on the motor home and we hooked up a fan and some light to it. But to be without heat in the winter... Hope it's back on soon.

Becky -- the weight -- Oh, my, what trouble. It was better today -- it was down almost to what I can tolerate in the high end of my weight -- it is an interesting thing what you said about the temperature change, as well. I hadn't thought of that. One thing I did do last night was take some amino acids -- on the off chance that the body was having trouble with environmental toxins -- we've been having quite a bit of the aerosol spraying here in the skies and I think the environmental toxin count might be high at present. Don't know -- but it did seem to make a difference. We'll see if it keeps it up tomorrow.

I think you're right not to worry about your weight so much. Only reason I do is at my age, (I'm in my fifties), when it goes on, it either keeps going on or it comes off slowly, so I really have to monitor it or it can really get out of hand. But you're right, one can't live their life according to their weight -- and that's a good reminder, as well.

Jeanette -- hope all is well with you and the electricity outage.

Got in 12 pages today, which is good. Am trying to make up for low production yesterday. At night, am doing promotional actions for the new book out in June -- but I do have some help with that, which is good.

Well, have a dazzling and bright day tomorrow and some super workouts!:7

Good morning ladies.

This AM I did LIC Lower Body Circuit with the abs from LIC added on. I liked that premix...more cardio. I feel my arms got worked out really well with the C&W premix of BM2, so I didn't want to work them again today.

It is supposed to be 82 degrees and sunny today. I think I'll spend the afternoon by the pool while I study.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Becky

Good morning,

Yep, we got our power back last night around 6 p.m. or so, but it went out again around 9 ish. Was nice while it lasted. Must have come on again during the night. I didn't go to work yesterday. No shower, no work for me. That's my rule.

Yesterday was Core Synergistics, but with no power, I had to do it from the book, which is not as much fun, plus I had to keep putting on my glasses to read the workout description for each exercise.

Becky, must be nice to get to sit by the pool and study. Our pool went away a couple years ago, though it wasn't an outdoor one. I didn't use it but I feel bad for the kids that aren't getting their swimming lessons.

Rhea, was the Courthouse on a generator or did you guys really have real power? I thought all of Susanville was out. So glad it came back on. My son is a lineman for LMUD so he worked very long hours. My other son is also a lineman up at Truckee Donner Power Co. (he lives in Sparks).

Karen, glad the weight is coming off. So frustrating to be working hard and not getting the aesthetic effects of exercise. Sounds like your writing went well today too. What rotation are you doing for March? Wonder if Cathe will post one, she usually does.

Jeanette

Good morning!

This morning ended up being TBB from Chalene. I was going to do MIC, but just did not want to do that so early in the morning. I need to build up to these morning workouts.

Jeanette - only our building, the Courthouse Annex, had a generator. The actual front Courthouse was out and freezing cold. Judge still held court though. Err. I was the only one in the office that had to work. Our power came on sometime in the afternoon and then off again 9ish. But it came back on around 11, it wasn't out for long, thank goodness.

Well, better get to court, have a great day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.