KK's February 2007 -- Check In

Author

Cathlete
Good Evening!:)

It's almost 10PM here, so I thought I'd go ahead and post a new check in start.

It was cardio -- did the cardio premix from BodyMax2 -- didn't do the blasts, however, just the cardio -- then a stretch on the ball -- but didn't do the workout until about 5PM tonight. Long story -- just busy with work.

These galleys that I have are proving to be difficult -- I'm really going to have to watch my copy edits in the future -- this is just really hard. I can say I was rushed, which is true -- was given only 5 days to do the edits -- but in the end, no reader is going to know that. Deep sigh...

So I have fix places where the copy editor deleted things -- making it not make sense in some places. Again, deep sigh...

Becky -- All Step was my first Cathe workout -- it came with a step -- and I've never looked back since then. Keep at it, Becky -- at least once Friday is over -- you'll have some freedom.:)

Jeanette -- wow! You're up to 20# weights on some exercise. Must admit that I'm way behind you in that. Your weekend sounds like fun, too. I know what I'll be doing...work...and more work...all my own fault -- I shouldn't leave things till the last minute.

Oh, well...

Rhea -- how are you doing? How's that book going? Like I said before, I really like that guy.

Well, have some really terrific workouts, everyone, and have a super day.:7

Real quick post here.

I did CTX kickbox today. I may end up doing something else later when I get really freaked out and need to let off some steam. Test is tomorrow. EEK!

-Becky

Good morning,

Forgot to post yesterday. Did a yoga day with Bryan Kest and Eoin Finn for aprox. 60 minutes. Helped stretch my legs out good. Today was Legs & Back but due to my long bike ride on Sunday coming up, I decided not to tax my legs much as I need fresh legs for the ride. I did the Masters Series 5-6 and threw in the back work (lat pulldowns) from Legs & Back inbetween sets. Worked well for me.

Tomorrow is an outing with DH on our Yamaha Rhino. It'll be a nice day weatherwise so looking forward to it.

Becky, good luck on your test today. CTX Kickbox is a good one!

Karen, sorry you are having to do more edits. Glad you can get in some workouts, modifying them where needed to fit your schedule. What's on tap for today? I'm anxious to get back to some Cathe workouts, 4 more weeks to go of P90X. Am fighting some puffiness again, going to cut my carb serving back down to 1 a day (unless it's near a bike ride) as I got better results in Phase 1, with limited carbs. However strength was better with Phase 2 eating plan (2 servings per day). Will see if that helps with the puffiness. Seems to always be the same story. Face actually felt tight yesterday due to water retention. Better today, but TTOM is coming up so here it comes again...

Got to go,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Well, I'm back at the workouts, just doing a slow start though. Weds I did TJ Total Body Blast and yesterday I did TJ 20 minute with the P90 1/2 sculpt. I really ran out of steam yesterday around 6:00 in hte evening. I mean, really ran out of steam. I was asleep by 8:30, 8:45 and still could have stayed in bed at 6:30 this morning. So I'm going to force myself to take a rest day.

Oh shoot, that reminds me, I forgot to take my penicillan (sp?) and even forgot to bring it with me....err....got to run home now.

See ya later!

Good Morning!:)

Jeanette, I forgot to post yesterday, as well. Shows you how intense these edits are. Ran into a situation where 3 paragraphs were missing from the proofs -- and at this stage one can't insert 3 entire paragraphs. So I had to get an okay from my editor to insert 2 sentences instead -- they were long sentences, but oh, well. Without them the story doesn't make sense.

Then I found out yesterday that my former editor, before she'd left, had instructed the copy editor to do a final edit -- and the copy editor (as they sometimes do) edited the mss. until it was in skeleton form. My edits on the copy editor were almost all "stet" -- which means to leave alone...leave as it was before.

But in doing the proofs, apparently, the typist didn't keep in all the "stets" -- or I missed on it -- I'd only had 5 days -- if you might remember to do the edits. It has been really something.

I finished them last night, but must go through them again to see if the story makes sense. It really upsets me -- all that work on a book which is ruined by a copy editor with a very heavy hand.

I once told my godson, Santee, that the only drawback to writing was that one had to work with copy editors. I know that sounds harsh, but goodness ... and they're not all like that -- but it can be really, really difficult.

Anyway, yesterday I did Supersets, which is one of my favorites and I noticed that because of the last rotation, which had split days on weight work, that I was stronger -- I hadn't even noticed -- and I'm still slightly recovering from the spider bite -- yet I was stronger.

That was nice.

Today was the 46 minute cardio (blast) premix from Drill Max -- that is really one of my all time favorites -- BodyMax cardio is also becoming one of my favorites.

Realized that I really like the music in Supersets and also in BodyMax, and I think that makes a difference.

Boy, listen to me go on and on.

Jeanette -- Sounds like a fabulous weekend that you have planned. You know I ran across something in all my reading of nutrition that had to do with keeping on water weight -- and now I can't remember what it was or where it was -- but I'll try to find it again. It had a simple remedy. In the meantime, I know that parsley will help to rid one of water weight (as well as keeps my breath from being bad) and it's either vitamin B5 or B6 that also helps to take it off.

Rhea -- hope you are not overly stressed with work. How's that book coming? Would love to hear a review -- I have often thought of buying it, but hadn't cause it's an e-book and I have trouble with e-books.

Becky -- I'm thinking about that exam and am wondering if you are finished with it now. While I was working out, I was wondering if you were done with it at all. Let us know how it went.

Long post. Sorry...

Have a wonderful day. I'm doomed it seems to have to go through these edits again. Geez, I hope the story makes sense now...

Edited cause I missed on some spelling and left out a few words -- didn't make sense -- much like my edits...

Have a terrific weekend and wonderful workouts!:7

Quick post!:)

Finally finished the galley revisions, complete with the letter to my publisher. Whew! What a cycle.

Then today was a 42 minute premix of KPC -- good workout.

Though I realize no one else tends to post on weekends, thought I'd just put in this post. Hope your ride goes well, Jeanette. :7

Good Evening!

Have decided to try to do the February rotation, but my own version of it -- since I so rarely have the time to get in 90 minute or even 70 minute workouts. So I'm going to try to do it, but I'll have to subsitute other things here and there.

Mon....Body Max 2 -- a 90 minute workout -- guess I'll substitute Bootcamp

Tues....Low Max -- this is a little long for me, so I'll substitute IMAX the original

Wed....Step, Jump,Pump -- another 70 minute workout -- I'll substitute Cardio & Weights or a premix of SJP

Thurs...45 minute interval run or cycle ride -- depending on the weather -- either the interval outside or Drill Max premix, which is the same length of time

Fri....Leaner Legs -- don't have leaner legs -- will substitute PLB

Sat....Off

Sun...Drill Max -- don't have 75 minutes to do this -- so will substitute a premix from HSC -- a short one, as I won't have much time on this day.

Okay, I know it's not really Cathe's rotation, but it is what I can do that's similar to what she's doing.

Am down to 3 months to get this next book done -- so here we go -- 10 pages a day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Becky -- how was your exam and your weekend?

Jeanette -- how was your ride and your escape on the Rhino?

Rhea -- how's that book -- and how's your stress level coming along? BTW, how are you doing with your omega 3 fatty acids -- do you have enough in your diet?

Okay, so have some great workouts everyone!:7

Good morning!

Restful, sort of, weekend. Ended up not working out, just did some reorganizing and some sewing. Managed to stay very busy all weekend. Oh yeah, did the taxes too. Can't file them yet though, IRS isn't taking returns yet. Darn. I want my refund.

Haven't been able to focus on the book much. I've read about 130 of the pages. I'm going to try and remember to read while I eat my lunch. I have the e-book here at work with a printed out version at home. So far so good. I agree with what he says. Looks like when I've been hitting it real hard (Cathe....5-6 days a week) I'm not eating enough. (more wine and chocolate doesn't count either, rats.) For me, on the high intensity days, I should be eating almost 2400 cals. That seems like a lot. However, my body fat is only 22.8%, I was surprised because it seems higher than that. Of course, I'm totally pear shaped so it mainly sits in one area. So since the reading is going a bit slow, I'm going to try and start out with at least getting in 30 minutes of cardio a day and weights at least twice a week. I'll have to work back up to some of my intensity after this pretty long span of not much workout. I'll be glad when this penicillin is gone, I hate the yeast side effects, now I have to tackle that and not look like I'm five months pg in the afternoon.

Okay, I really should get back to work. Karen don't work too hard today. (BTW, I take fish oil tablets most every day to get my omega 3s. I usually get some walnuts in my diet too, yummy))

Becky - how was that exam? I bet you are glad it is over with.

Jeanette...no post this morning. How was that ride. We had such beautiful weather this weekend. I almost went out and golfed, but decided to try and finish some sewing instead. (plus it was already 3 in the afternoon when DH wanted to go)

Have great workouts everyone!

Good morning,

It was Chest-Shoulders-Triceps from P90X for me today, with Ab Ripper X tonite. Good workout and I increased my reps. After that, it was off to a nearby town for DH and I to get a medical checkup for our new life insurance policies. They had to draw blood from both of us and you know how tough it is for me. She finally did it by using a butterfly (Becky, you probably know about this). I am really, really tough to get blood from for some reason.

Yesterday's bike ride went very well, though my legs were a bit fatigued by the last 5 miles of it. The weather was nice, got to wear shorts and a short sleeved jersey. Good company to ride with too.

Saturday's desert trip was really fun. DH took me to a spring and we sat next to it and cooked some chili beans and weanies. The dogs had fun running thru the water. After that, we drove to another old ranch where there were tons of big old cottonwood trees out in the middle of the desert that were planted years and years ago. I took pictures and will try to download them to my Picture Trail soon. It was a wonderful day for DH, myself and the girls.

Rhea, sounds like you are getting better. What are you sewing? Yep, it was nice down in the valley, seemed like perfect golfing weather to me anyway. Looks like we might get some moisture this week. It wasn't very green down around Red Bluff way, fields and hills are still brown. Wow, 2400 calories sounds like a lot. I get so scared to increase mine. 22% BF sounds good to me. Mine has never gone under 25% on my crap Tanita bodyfat scale. Think the electronic impulse travels from my feet up to my butt and stops on overload! Hey, I sometimes have skinny wrists though.

Karen, your rotation looks very fun. After P90X, I'll probably just do whatever I want for a while. I still only want to work out for 60 minutes, maybe an ab workout in the evening or something as an addon. Hope the writing went fine today.

Becky, I'm pretty sure you had a great weekend with your DH!

Jeanette

Yes, I think this rotation could be fun. I love Bootcamp and so it was great to do it this morning. Tomorrow I think is an IMAX -- I might do LowMax, but I'd have to alter it, cause 70 minutes is just too long for me.

Didn't write today -- got all caught up in copying off the corrected galley before sending it -- which took much longer than I had thought it would. While waiting for the copies, however, I went to a Sports Authority and tried on all kinds of workout clothes, which was fun. Am going to have to get some more weights (higher) pretty soon, but didn't talk myself into it today.

Okay, so tomorrow is all holds barred writing. I have all my research books in front of me -- and I'm ready to go.

Rhea -- it does sound like you're on the mend. Yea! That's interesting what it says in the book on days of intensity and eating. My eating has changed so much in the last few years, that I don't even keep track of the calories. But I do know when I've over-indulged. Am glad you're getting those omega 3's in there, too. Have been doing some reading/research on that lately. Sorry the penicillin is having some adverse affects -- and you know, of course, to eat yoghart or something soured with a high bacterial count to replace the good bacteria killed. I'm sure you do, but the mom in me seems to need to say it. Sigh.

I think your idea on cardio and strength twice a week is a good idea, actually.

Jeanette -- a medical exam -- geez -- am sorry that it's not easy to get blood from you. But maybe that's a good thing. I know when I have had to have blood taken, usually the nurse exclaims about my veins being the kind that makes their work easy. Your workout sounds really intense, actually. But your weekend sounds beautiful and relaxing. I love the way you describe the area you went to -- makes me want to be there.

I don't actually know my body fat -- I'm almost a little afraid to find out.x( Like I said, I haven't been counting calories, just watching it here and there. But it seems to me that 22% and 25% sound really good.

Anyway, must keep my ethics in and go to bed early and get up early -- the earlier I get up it seems, the more work I get done.

Becky -- am sure you aced the test -- and bet you had a good weekend with your DH as well.

Have a terrific day, everyone and some wonderful and effecitve workouts.:7

Good morning,

Today was PlyoX day but instead, I did Imax1. Fun workout. Think I'd only done it once before and I certainly didn't remember much of it. Good one and I was sweating good. It has plyos in it so I felt it would kind of resemble PlyoX. I just needed the change today. Last night I had DH do Gilad's Shoulders and Arms and then we both did the Abs from Gilad. DH got a good burn going. His first instinct is to go heavy but it's more of an endurance workout and so lighter is better if you want to make it to the end.

Have a haircut after work. Goodness, it's sure grown since the last cut that was the day after Christmas.

Karen, did you get some new workout clothes? Know you tried some on but you didn't say if you purchased any or not. What is this new book about? I posted a few new pictures of the desert ride on my Picture Trail. I'll post more later.

Hi Becky and Rhea,

Jeanette

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't posted lately. I was having lots of fun w/ DH post-test weekend!

Over the weekend I took it easy and then did a 35 min treadmill run. Yesterday I did Low Max. Today I plan on doing BM2 (after lunch digests)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

-Becky

Good Afternoon!:)

Jeanette -- I had to go and look at those lovely pictures. What a great time it looks like -- beautiful and so peaceful.

IMAX1, huh? I was supposed to do that this morning, but I opted for IMAX2 cause I was kind of tired and I think IMAX2 is a little easier. Only did 9 intervals, though. Left out interval 9.:eek:

Actually, no I didn't buy any workout clothes. I have spent some little bit of money lately on DVD's and on a suit and so I didn't feel justified to do it -- but you know, I will probably go back. There was a pair of workout pants -- cropped, coming just below the knee -- that fit me well -- but they weren't on sale and they were more than I was willing to pay. But they're on my mind...

Okay, so I wrote 11 pages today. I really have to get an earlier start and keep my ethics in -- I write more when I start writing earlier.

Oh, this book is about a Wild West show in the 1890's -- and is the last book in the Lost Clan series -- where the hero has to try to end a long time curse on his people. I wasn't going to set it with Wild Bill Hickok's Wild West show (was going to make one up) -- but in my research, I've become taken with that show and so I think I'm going to put my hero in that show, and bring it to England. England, believe it or not, seemed to have a better viewpoint about the shows than here in America, where there were so many reformers, who kept trying to dictate to the Indian what he could and couldn't do. (The Indian at that time period was almost like a prisoner on the reservations.) At the very least, England had the viewpoint that I need for this story.

Becky -- so good to hear from you. I was pretty sure you were having a great time with your hubby. Did you ace your test?

Rhea -- hope you are keeping up with all your work, and that the stress is getting less.

Not sure what my workout is supposed to be tomorrow, so I have to go and look.:+ Edited to say that I'm going to change the schedule slightly, cause Sunday is my day off. On Thursday, I'll do PLB and a stretch. Friday, either Drill Max drills or a interval run outside anda tahen HSC premix on Sat. -- At least that's the plan.

Have a wonderful day and terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,

Back & Biceps from P90X this morning. My arms are noodles right now. I'm pleased that I increased on a lot of the exercises today. Only have one more time to do this DVD in the rotation. Actually a total of 3 more weeks to go, 2 weeks of strength and 1 week of recovery. After that, think I'll just do whatever I feel like doing for a week or so. After that, I'm not sure what I'll do. Have a spin session at the garage boys tonite. Will keep it at 1 hour, then come home, work DH on back, chest and abs for both of us.

Becky, glad the weekend was good for you. Hope the test results are successful for you.

Karen, your new book sounds very interesting. So very sad what was done to the Indians here in America. Not proud of it at all. Imax1 was fun yesterday for me, can't wait to hear the music from Imax2 again. I need to find some new workout clothes, especially shorts. Got any good websites I can look at?

Got to run now,

Jeanette

Hi ladies.

Just a quick pop in here to let you all know I got my scores back from my tests on Friday. I was very happy with them. I felt I had done well after the test, but I am always nervous, you know?

Today I did SJP and then went to the local park and did some studying. Being out in the sun was really good for me I feel. Must get back to studying now. Hope everyone has a great day!

-Becky

Congrats Becky! I knew you would do just fine. How many more big tests do you have to go this semester? The time is sure flying.

Let's see...got back on the workouts. Monday I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party #1. Yesterday did not have much time, so popped in the Firm Cardio Express. I'd forgotten what a good little steady state cardio that was; it also reminded me of some of the older Firms that I loved doing and haven't done in a while. I might have to pull them out and start doing them for a change in pace.

I'm thinking that I'm going to try and fit in LIC tonight. I need a weight workout with some cardio. The only thing holding me back for the weights is that I woke up this morning with my ring finger totally swollen. (well, only up to the first knuckle) It hurts. I don't know what I did to it. I don't remember jamming it....or hitting it....or I could have just forgotten. I slightly remember shaking my hand and saying ouch, but not when or how....isn't that funny? Anyhoo, I don't know if holding weights is going to be feasible, I'll have to see.

Well, hope you get all your pages in today Karen.

Jeanette - keep up the great work, you're my inspiration to keep going!

Talk to you later.

Let's see, it was Cardio & Weights for me today -- good workout -- one I really enjoy. Then to work - spent the morning doing promo and didn't get to writing until the afternoon and so only got in 5 pages today. Must do better than that, however.

Jeanette -- Only 3 more weeks to go. I so admire your sticking to this rotation. The results are really good. But I bet it will be good to do some other workouts now and again, just for variety.

Workout clothes -- I don't order them online but rather do most of my shopping at Sports Authority -- their sales can be really good. Sometimes I'll find some good things at Macy's, too. But most of my sports things I get at Sport Authority (except my shoes, which I get form Zappo's.com -- it's the only place I can find the Ryka's that I like).

Becky -- way to go on your exams. Well Done! You're getting close to the home stretch now, aren't you?

Rhea -- that FIRM cario express sounds good. I got started in all my video workouts with the old FIRMs, which I do truly love, as well. I still have them all. My form on them, I'm seeing now, was not so good, which was why I would injure myself doing them from time to time. Plus, I didn't understand rotations, and so I would do weight training day after day after day without any let up of cardio intervening, thus letting the muscles rest. Thank goodness I've not educated myself on this and rotations so that I understand what's going on.

Interesting about your finger. There are nerves in the spinal column that can go out and cause the fingers to go to sleep -- this happens to me sometimes, and I get it corrected usually with massage or a chiro. I wonder if it's a similar thing? Keep us posted on it, okay?

Yes, it's a rush for pages written each day now -- I also have promo stuff I have to do for the next book, which i'm juggling at the same time. Whew!

Well, have some terrific workouts everyone and have a super wonderful day tomorrow.:7

Good morning,

Today was supposed to be YogaX, but you know me, I subbed with a Shiva Rhea basic flow for 42 minutes. This DVD is so relaxing to me, beautiful production. I highly recommend it. It also has the matrix that is very easy to program for a custom yoga workout. Last evening, did a Spinerval with the Garage Boys (really sweated a ton), came home, ate and then helped DH work on the Bowflex for Chest and Back and Abs. I did AbX per my rotation.

Becky, good job on your scores! Bet the sun felt very nice.

Rhea, how is your finger today? Hope it's better. Funny how we think that workouts we used to do will be easier but are surprised at the intensity. I think it's just the change to something different that makes it harder, after that we adapt pretty quickly and it's easy again.

Karen, oh Cardio & Weights, one of my favorites too! I'll have to look Sports Authority up on the internet and see what they have. I just ordered and received a couple pairs of cycling shorts with the thin pad that I like. They are made by Zoot. So hard to find shorts with a minimal pad in them. Hope you get that writing in today.

Got to get ready for work, shopping afterwards too.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Finger seems better. Haven't tried to put on my ring yet. I think it is still a little too fat for comfort.

Did LIC last night. Such a fun workout! However, I was glad to when the "next segment" was abs and not another circuit.I used really light weights for the whole thing. Not sure what I'm going to squeeze in today. Have sorority tonight at 7:00, so all depends on what time I can sneak out of work. I would like to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio and then some more substantial weight work? Hmm, maybe not, forgot I did some weight work yesterday. Maybe I should stick to straight cardio and do weights tomorrow or Sat....

Have a great day everyone!

Goodness! I don't know if you have the same thing going on in your area, but for the past 4 days, there have been planes in the sky spraying what I call aerosol trails. The air smells funny -- oddly -- amazingly dry and it smells like metal. They leave trails that stay all day and criss-cross -- like they're making grids or something in the sky. Have you seen these things up there? Or is it just LA?

Okay, so let's see. It was PLB standing legs only -- and then stretch #1. About 55 minutes. Felt good.

Jeanette -- That Shiva Rhea sounds utterly wonderful. Where did you get it? I still love how you're helping your hubby. That's so cool. I'm hoping to get my hubby and brother-in-law to get out there doing some more cardio, as well. Also sounds like you had a terrific workout last night. I love it when I'm sweating afterwards.

Rhea -- hope your sorority meeting is fun. I'm sure it will be. Oh, isn't LIC fun? It's one that I like, too. I just don't do it that often cause it's so seldom that I have more than an hour to workout.

Becky -- hope things are going well for you, too. What sort of thing are you doing this week?

Anyway, it was 8 pages for me today, which is a pretty good day. Am happy that I got them all in.

Well, have a super day tomorrow and some terrific workouts. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back