kickboxing instructors:

jbabefit

Cathlete
Hi All!

For those kickboxing instructors out there: what educational tools do you use to consistently learn new kickboxing routines and moves? I teach a kickboxing class and would like to keep it interesting! :) Please let me know if you have any suggestions!!

Thanks in advance:7

Hi,
When I used to teach my own kickboxing class I used alot of moves from my Tang Soo Do class but modified for the general public. Maybe going to a martial arts class would help with some new moves. I also went to a Powerstrike certification in New York and it was awsome to learn proper technique and choreography for a group fitness class. You can also check out the website turnstep.com for some combos. I now teach BTS classes which are pre choreographed kickboxing classes. Your gym has to be liscenced to teach these classes but it is worth checking the classes out. You can go to bodytraining systems.com to look for a gym that teaches Group Kick. Hope this helps.

Kristin

I'm not a KB instructor but I second the vote for turnstep!!! I got a great idea from it on Monday. :)

One of the things I saw Monday I bet you can use- you partner up, then one person kinda leans against the wall for support, the other person lifts the wall person's leg as high as the wall person says, and then they have to HOLD IT THAT HIGH for as long as possible.

I was going to try it with DH before I make my bootcampers do it, but yow it sounds hard! I think that person used it to help strengthen side kicks and for maybe front kicks.

Oh Yea...Turnstep.com is awesome! I taught for 9 years....but my children got to the age that their sports, dance, gymnastics schedules didn't work with my kickboxing class time frames. They were all at the same time. Sigh....

Also, have you rented or bought kickboxing videos...you can get choreography ideas from them. Just a thought!

Tanya in Texas!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.