KFC'S Double Down Sandwich, Zoiks!

I know this is off the subject a bit ..... but have you all seen all of those concoctions by Hardee's? I swear they take a huge burger and put a whole meal on top of it and put a bun around it! I think it just looks disgusting. If I want a french dip or a philly cheese steak, I don't need it served on top of a burger. :confused:

YES...ive seen the advertisements of those sandwiches. Makes my stomach hurt:confused: its just CRAZY! :eek:

They also fry snickers. I was watching a show where they made a complete burger and then deep fried it - bun and everything.

one fair we had fried oreos! its a sin i tell you! oreos are a perfect comfort food not need to deep fry it just get some skim milk(or soy if that is your preference LOL).

kassia

People FRY Twinkies??!!

I'm both repulsed and intrigued...
I think it's some kind of fair tradition to try to come up with the most calorie-laden, high-fat, high-sugar fried thing. I think last year someone posted here a list of some fair foods in that vein. They were really quite repulsive sounding (though my younger self probably would have found them appealing).

Doesn't Paula Dean fry balls of lard or butter?

I think it's some kind of fair tradition to try to come up with the most calorie-laden, high-fat, high-sugar fried thing. I think last year someone posted here a list of some fair foods in that vein. They were really quite repulsive sounding (though my younger self probably would have found them appealing).

These aren't fair foods but still gross.

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Kathryn, Paula Dean would fry you if you didn't get out of the way fast enough. I can only hope that one day she will fall into one of her deep fryers so I don't have to hear her phony, nasally "y'aaaaall" every again.

this is my worst nightmare come true! i HATE bacon and fried chicken with a fiery passion!! everyone makes fun of me for it too lol.

People FRY Twinkies??!!

I'm both repulsed and intrigued...

People deep fry everything! Twinkies, cookies, ice-cream...and the hit of the California State Fair a few years ago...the Elvis! A peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich, dipped in honey and pancake batter and deep fried. Just the thought makes me want to hurl.:eek:

The good news is that looking at all those images did not make me hungry in the least. ;)

Call me gross, but I'd totally go for the avocado stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon...but I'm not one to vilify bacon.

I do the same thing with dates and it's like heaven in your mouth! ;)

I didn't notice that one, but I'd try it once. :) Of course I have to confess I have had mac-n-cheese bites too. :eek: Hey, sometimes after a night of drinking you wind up ordering something greasy at the bar. Don't look at me like that, it's not a habit... I've only had them twice AND I shared them with a couple other people.

The good news is that looking at all those images did not make me hungry in the least. ;)

I didn't notice that one, but I'd try it once. :) Of course I have to confess I have had mac-n-cheese bites too. :eek: Hey, sometimes after a night of drinking you wind up ordering something greasy at the bar. Don't look at me like that, it's not a habit... I've only had them twice AND I shared them with a couple other people.

I had fried mac and cheese once and I've got to say it was pretty good. :D

I think you could bread & fry cardboard & it'd taste good. :D Fried food tastes good. Fat tastes good. That's why the average girl has such a hard time resisting it.

OK Amy, I thought bacon was one of those foods that would make anything taste better, but I do believe you just proved me wrong. ;)

BTW I saw "best pizza" on the food channel last night. I cannot believe the things people did to ruin a good pizza! One lb of arugula on top of a pizza--what's the point? Why not just eat one lb of arugula? Oh & the potato pizza, talk about carb heaven! I have to admit it did look tasty though. But I had to stop watching when they came to the chocolate pizza. That's just wrong. :mad:

Someone mentioned bacon....has anyone heard of bacon candy?! I seriously heard about chocolate and bacon candy bars!! HUH? I looked it up online and found this. I couldn't do it but has anyone tried it- http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars

Interesting...Vosges Chocolate is pretty hoity-toity stuff. Their owner, Katrina Markoff, is French trained and has appeared from time to time as a judge on Iron Chef America.

I'd try it.

ETA: Now that I see it has Jane's endorsement, I'm gonna look for it! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.