kettlebell weekend report

Good morning, Deanie! I am on my way to pick up DD from a sleepover - but no place as cool as your DS!, and when I get back it's TGUs. :)

Melissa

Hi Everyone!

I ran a 5K this morning with my sister. It was cold!!!! No sun and wind. Yikes!! Then I came home and did 200 swings with my 20kg.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Jane, the wind stinks when running! Until last year, in the winters I would run outside in the 20* weather to build up my stamina and mental strength. I haven't done that this year... does that mean I am turning into a weenie? :p

I did 10 minutes of TGU again, using mostly 25#, but having to switch to 20 every now and then. I am feeling much stronger! Because I always do a longer workout on Saturdays, here is what I added:
2 min. Tactical Lunges
2 min. of 5r, 5l 1LDL
2 min. Tactical Lunges

and to cash out:
3 rounds of:
5 pull ups
5 pistols on each leg (I am definitely feeling more comfortable with these now!)
10 Knees to Elbows (I got my pull up bar attachment!!! :D)
5 pistols on each leg

I really focused on form, and feel very good about this workout. I did every single pull up unassisted and only needed help on the very last pull up in the last round.

I am getting ready to par-TAY! I have to make a very special, wonderful, delicious manicotti - but I am using large shells instead so they can serve more people. Delicioso - made with extra cheese (I am prepared for the consequences, my poor tummy!). :9 It is absolutely divine, thank Giada di Laurentis!

I hope everyone has a super, wonderful, fabulous weekend!

GO COLTS!!!!!!

Melissa

Hi ladies!

Melissa - Great workout yesterday! WTG on the pullups! :cool: I love manicotti. *drool* I have a couple of Giada's cookbooks and like them a lot. Good job on your no sugar streak. I'm finding that sugar is not my dietary downfall...however beer is. :eek:

Indoor rock climbing is so fun! We have a rock wall here at school and it's pretty popular.

Jane - WTG on your 5k and swings! The wind can be brutal. Can you run with a neck gator?

Marcy - I hope your soreness is better. I just got rid of the last of my Cathe DVDs on eBay (Power Hour was one of them). FWIW, they still get pretty good money there.

Deanie - Nice workouts this weekend! I hope DS and DH had fun!

Hi Rhonda!

Skiing was great on Friday. It was sunny and in the mid-20's. We skiied pretty hard.

I was so tired yesterday. I tried to lift, but it just wasn't happening. The warm up sets on the squat felt like poo, so I decided to bag it and save it for Monday. DH and I are taking Rascal snowshoeing today, before the rains come and wipe out all of snow. :(

We watched Adventureland and It Might Get Loud...both are good. :)

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!?! :D:D:D

Good Morning!!

Jane:: Great workout yesterday, sorry about the wind:eek:

Melissa:: Awesome job on the pullups!!!! I like your cashout.

Gayle::: Glad you were able to get some fun skiing in before the rain comes. Have fun with DH and Rascal today:)

Marcy::: Hope you are having a fun weekend and you are not too sore!

waves to Rhonda!!

Takin' a rest day today:):) Its rainy and yucky outside, so I think we will be watching football all day!!! sorry Melissa, but....

GO JETS!!!

Hi Everyone!

We are having a dreary Sunday. I didn't feel like doing anything but then decided to go outside and do the following workout.

3 Rounds
1 minute work/50 seconds rest

Slam Ball
Swings
KB Sumo DLHP
Jump Rope
Walking Lunges
Jump Squats
At the end of the workout I set the timer for 3 minutes and ran the driveway up and back as many times as I could.

Gayle ~ I only mind the wind when it's cold. Today the wind felt nice since it was quite warm and humid. Have fun snowshoeing

Melissa ~ Go Colts!

Deanie ~ Go Jets!!

Hi to Marcy and Rhonda!!

Gayle::: Just read all of the articles about fat you posted on the ask cathe nutrition thread. Great reading!! thanks!

Jane:::fun workout today! I liked the driveway sprint running!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.