Dumbbell rows

Body weight hops

Repeat 3-5X

comments:
warm up:
TGU 5l/5r - 20#kb

workout:
went thru5X

did each exercise for 30 seconds (used gymboss)
used 20#kb, 15#db

cash out:
4 minute jump rope tabata to finish up

really like this workout, using the dumbbell for some exercises was fun

today is my last "real" day of school. tomorrow is celebration day for the 4's (my class) and then friday is "in house" for teachers!!

Have a great day!!
bbl to chat!:)

Good morning!!! I can't believe that I am just NOW getting up, must be the rain; whatever, it feels good. ;) In about an hour I will do SIM and then a series of low weight/high rep lunges and squats for my butt and thighs, they could use a little lovin'.

Deanie, how does snatching a db feel different from snatching a kb? Is it easier, harder? And YEAH to only a few days of school left! Will you have the entire summer off?

Rhonda, I was totally joking about how to make more money, lol. I completely and totally respect and admire any sacrifice anyone makes to do what's right, though I don't look down on those who choose another way.

Well, I am off to start the day! Make it a great one, everyone. See you later

Missy

Missy::: totally jealous you just woke up!!! Enjoy SIM. I am thinking from your post there isn't much leg work in SIM, I should look over that! Snatching a dumbbell is easier, at least with the 15#db. It really helps me work on form, not sure about a heavier dumbbell though.... Yes, I will have the entire summer off (well, off as a SAHM can....) Yea to summer off, but sad about the no paycheck:confused: Since I work in a nursery school, we only get paid for 10 months.

Good morning!

I didn't get to work out last night as I ended up spending some time at the emergency vet. Rascal was having some very weird pain with his mouth/jaw and was showing some signs of infection...and Mama doesn't mess around with infections! So to make a long story short, we got him on some antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds. The doc thinks he might have an abscess that's causing the pain or possibly early Lyme disease (we pulled a tick off his chin over the weekend :mad: ). Good news is that he's definitely feeling better this morning.

Deanie - Nice workout! Yay for school almost being out!!! :D:D

Missy - Have fun with SIM!

Waves to Rhonda, Marcy, Andilynn and Jane.

Okay, so for the third time this week, I'm going to try to get into the gym. :p I have no idea what I'll do.

Have a good one!

Hi Everyone!

I survived most of the workout last night. I got through the first round and finished the 300 jump ropes, walking lunges and 30 swings of the second round and then I was toast. It took me about 50 minutes to do all that. It was about 95 degrees outside and I'm not acclimated to the heat yet. After the thrusters on the first round I felt like I was going to barf. The box jumps (up and over and back) were hard but I got through them.

Today is a 5K run.

Deanie ~ I am so jealous!! I would love to be off for a couple months. I haven't been off for more than a couple days in almost 3 years! Enjoy your summer!!!

Missy ~ I know about Midnight Sun but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. My sister read some of it and really liked it. Book 4 was my least favorite book of the series. I didn't like the ending. It was lots of talk and no action.

Gayle ~ I'm glad Rascal is feeling better this morning. Have fun at gym and whatever you decide to do.

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn and Rhonda.

Happy hump day all! Started of this morning with Imax 2 followed by STS medicine ball abs. I have really noticed that since starting STS my lower body strength has increased quite a bit! And for some reason I don't find these have quite the "dread" factor of other workouts.

Deanie- Yay for the last day of school! It might be a bummer to only get paid for 10 months but it has to be fun to be home with the kids over summer vacation! I have to say I'm enjoying the sporadic layoffs more now that summer is here!

Gayle-Hope Rascal is feeling better, I know how much I worry about my "boys" Magic and Petey when one of them is under the weather!

Missy-Enjoy the extra rest, I think sometimes we just need it! And it's also great to sleep in with the sound of rain in the background!

Waves to all!

Missy ~ Book 4 was my least favorite book of the series. I didn't like the ending. It was lots of talk and no action.
Jane, I felt the same way!!! I was waiting for something to happen, anything. Jacob and Sam should have gone at it, the Volturi and Cullen covens should have duked it out, and how on earth does a vampire only a few months old learn to control its power so well after only having just discovered it the month before? Don't get me started on Renesmee... It was a disappointing end to a great series, but it didn't ruin it for me. I keep rewriting Breaking Dawn in my head, and I like it better, lol.

95 degrees? Where do you live? It is only in the mid 60's right now in central IN and I hate it. We have only had a couple of days over 80, have gone to the pool only a couple of times and it is still a bit to chilly for me. I am longing for heat; DH and I both hate it here and are planning to move south sometime in the future. Good luck on your run! :)

Missy

Jane, I felt the same way!!! I was waiting for something to happen, anything. Jacob and Sam should have gone at it, the Volturi and Cullen covens should have duked it out, and how on earth does a vampire only a few months old learn to control its power so well after only having just discovered it the month before? Don't get me started on Renesmee... It was a disappointing end to a great series, but it didn't ruin it for me. I keep rewriting Breaking Dawn in my head, and I like it better, lol.

95 degrees? Where do you live? It is only in the mid 60's right now in central IN and I hate it. We have only had a couple of days over 80, have gone to the pool only a couple of times and it is still a bit to chilly for me. I am longing for heat; DH and I both hate it here and are planning to move south sometime in the future. Good luck on your run! :)

Missy

Missy ~ I'm with you on the last book. It's strange b/c she was such a klutz when she was a human and then when she becomes a vampire she's perfect. I would definitely like your version better. :)

I live in South Georgia near the Florida border. I work in Tallahassee, FL. I used to live in the Chicago area. I love the heat!! We've had a weird spring though, somewhat cool and rainy so I haven't quite acclimated to the heat yet. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for working out in the heat but when I went to a fitness boot camp we had no choice so I got used to it. I'm so used to the weather down here that 60 degrees feels cold to me (I've become such a wimp). The good thing is that the temperature will stay the same (for the most part) until at least the end of September.

Good Afternoon!

I did Results: 10 Days to a Better Body Upper Body workout. I really like this one. As I've said before, an effective workout in 35 minutes, upper body move then cardio interval.

Back rows: 10#; heel digs with hop
Balancing rear delt raise: 8#; jump rope
Kickbacks - 8#; scissor jump with jabs
Windshield Wipers - 5#; plyo lunges
Clean & Press with Balance (Right side); 10#; jumping jacks
Clean & Press with Balance (left side); football drill and jump shot
Overhead Tricep Extension - 13#; ski jumps
Biceps - curl up, out, in and down and then in one combined move - 10#; speed skate with hop in between and elbow strike
Front and side raises and lat raises - 8#; 6 sets of repeater knees to left
Pushups - did 8 with 2-2 ct on toes, 8 singles and 8 on knees (I can't believe I had to go down to my knees!); 6 sets of repeater knees to right
Renegade rows - 10# all on toes; plyo squat jumps
V sit crunch with cross punches - 5#; plank jumps (didn't finish all)
Reverse crunch with bent and straight legs; mountain climbers (only did half)

Then I did 25 minutes of Firm Cardio Dance Fusion.

Rhonda - Good job on Providence!

Jane - After living in NY, I love the heat in GA too! Great workout! I would have been happy just to get through the 300 jump ropes!

Deanie - Enjoy your summer vacation!

Gayle - I'm glad Rascal is feeling better! I hope you get to the gym tonight.

Andilynn - How do you like STS Ab Circuits?

Waves to Missy!

Marcy

Hey everyone. For my workout today I took a Krav Maga class. Fun. Fun. Fun. We worked on punches. DH joined me and we signed up for a year of classes. Anything to get him off of the couch.

Missy- I took ABSOLUTELY NO offense to what you said ;). I was serious when I said I struggle about doing the "right" thing. I think that is why God didn't allow me to be coordinated until now. I would be the only stripper whose routine included Lysol wipes and gloves ( do they sanitze the pole between sets?). I would also be wearing a mouth guard. I have some nice orthodontic work that I don't want to mess up.

I realize that quote I inserted might have sounded a little self righteous after I typed it. No judgment was meant by it.

Deanie- Great workout this morning. Will you cry tomorrow when your kiddos leave? I always have mixed feelings on the last day of school.

Gayle- Hope Rascal gets better and you get to workout. I would like a pet but I have allergies.

Jane- You seriously amaze me. Your workout from last night sounded brutal.

Marcy- Thanks. I wish you lived near me. I would seriously be swapping DVD's with you. I know you like bar workouts. About 5 years ago I went to the Lotte Berk studio in NY and took a class. I thought since I could do the dvd's I would be fine in class. I was sore for a WEEK after taking that class.

Andilynn- Glad you are achieving noticeable gains with STS. How long is the STS program?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.