!!!!****Keeping it Clean Weekend****!!!!

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Good morning to you ladies! Okay, it's night for me but wanted to say a quick hello before heading off to bed. What a long week it has been for me. Today I did MIC and boy did the hi-lo aerobics bring me back to 15yrs ago when I took classes at the gym! The step wasn't so fun. I think that's why I don't do it that often. Anyway, been reading, but not much time to post. Tomorrow we have another football scrimmage. Other than that planning to relax!! What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Anne - I'm thinking of you and hope this is what you need to get through this.

Lisa

Goodnight Lisa! I agree about MIC - it's a good hi/lo but I get bored with the step! Hope your weekend is relative amounts of relaxing. :)

Kate, you asked how my french lessons were going. I haven't had them all summer, they start up again in 2 weeks! Not sure how much I'll continue once I start these other classes in January! I go through debates with myself about how important I think it is...

Morning everyone! We did cardio recovery this morning. It's a lot of yoga type moves and stretching and lunges and squats. Ryan has a really hard time with it - I do pretty well but I'm a LOT more limber than he is!

Today is a lot of cleanmax. I cleaned the kitchen counters really well, the table, the microwave, etc. Now I'm doing all the windows. I need to clean my bathrooms today and the floors as well. When I get going, there's no stopping me!

Ryan's off washing the cars and the girls are playing well in the backyard. My eats are awesome! I have not cheated (nor do I really feel tempted) once since starting Insanity so that's 11 days in a row! The only minor slip was the caesar salad at disney but I don't feel like that was all that bad.

I plan to weigh myself on Wednesday. I think we do the fit test then too. I'm anxious to see what kind of changes there have been!

Have a great weekend all!

Morning ladies, Happy Weekend! I'm alive and well, need to run so I can get my WO in before everyone wakes up. BBL!

Have a great run, Katie!!!

Lisa, Good to see you! I should do MIC - never have.:eek: Don't tell Mike! The HiLo sounds fun!
Hope you get some relaxing in this weekend! You deserve it!

Angie, I made Mike do a CS w/ me before - funny stuff! That is so great you and Ryan are doing that together! And you're seriously tempting me to get it!!!:eek::eek:
You are a cleaning machine!
ANd a cleanEATING machine too! Feels so good doesn't it? I can't wait to hear your results! My weight is down too, lower than it's been in a long while. Clean eating is where its at!

-
Today I'm going to the Farmers Market for eggs & veggies. Then DDs and I are going to sign them up for dance! We've never done anything like that (theyve always been too timid) so this is HUGE! They're going to be taking Irish Dance - I can't wait for their recital!! LOL!
No other set plans for the day. I want to go shopping for some clothes but we'll see.... my crystal ball says "not Likely!":p:p:p:p

Off to make pancakes for the fam - nd I'll be eating my oatmeal/blueberry goo!:cool:

good morning all. it is saturday but does not feel like it. dh works all weekend. i need to clean, but don't see how i can with my guys underfoot. i did a nice run this am and the eg work i skipped yesterday. hope to go to the pool later.

g'night lisa - relax this weekend!

angie, you are so fantastic. how are your clothes fitting?

kate, nice weekend planned!

katie, have a good run.

bbl

Morning again! Saturdays are a short short run and upper body so I did 2.5 miles and MM UB premix. I finished just as everyone was waking up, scarfing my cereal now.

I think we are going out to visit the grandparents this morning - Chris' grandfather has a huge garden and Chris really wants Collin to experiencing the 'harvesting of the crop.' That's our version of the Farmer's Market - go visit the grandparents and get fresh and locally grown corn, green beans, bell peppers, lima beans, red potatoes, and the list goes on! Chris' grandmother will try to feed me so I will take a snack along and sneak away to eat it - she never serves anything healthy - or tasty:confused:

Nina, I think you asked me yesterday about my running - it is going really really well - little or no pain. I have been reading a book about running based on heart rate and so I have slowed waaaayyy down for most of my runs and it feels sooooo much better.

Kate, the girls will love dance! Jog my memory - what is blueberry goo?

Happy Saturday!

So I got my run/walk in on the treadmill yesterday-I swear I don't know how people run faster than 6 mph!! I was mess-sweaty and breathing hard and it was only 20 minutes of actual running! I am not a runner at all and am looking forward to STS cardio for a change. Went to the baseball game in the rain. Eats were good-hamburger, 4 chips, and a few pieces of Cracker Jack and a bite of Nevena's cotton candy-no ice cream, fries, or alcohol! The girls were good and we won the game! Today is total body-hoping for MM. And we need to finish up some school shopping-shoes and backpacks.

Lisa, MIC has always scared me so I never got it. And I feel silly doing hi/lo! Enjoy your bit of quiet-you deserve it!

Angie, so excited for you and your future plans! I think I need to reevaluate my own plans and see what it is I'd like to do, part-time once the girls are in school all day. Great job on the workouts and clean eating! Keep it up:)

Katie, happy running!

Kate, I've yet to try the Farmer's Market near us-maybe tomorrow:) How exciting for the girls-they will love it! And Irish dancing looks so fun-all those curls bouncing all over the place!

Nina, will Finn watch a movie while Aidan naps so you can get some stuff done? I can't remember how I cleaned when the girls were younger-must've been at naptime and at night. Great run!

nina, give em a dry rag and let them think theyre cleaning!:p
im afraid our pool days are over for the summer - wah!

katie, tthe goo is an oatmeal/buttermilk mess ive been making the last cpl weeks. it started off as a pancake recipe but i shove the whole batch around in my cast iron skilet and make mush out of it. I posted the recipe a few days ago - I'lllook it up in a sec.
That's GREAT about the running. I bet that's a huge relief! Where did you come across that book? Cute doc?

Klaudia, DDs were intitially interested in ballet but hte time is 5-6pm. YUCK! Irish is 4-5pm - I like that better - so I hyped that one up and got them watching Riverdance on YouTube!:p It's going to be over $700 for the classes for the year! BADANG!!!!
Glad you had a good time last night! Usually it turns out better thn we think it will!
Good job on the WO! I can't wiat for STS cardio too! Might have to get Insanity to keep me busy til then!

Katie, Here's waht I posted about the goo:

---
http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2009/...-pancakes.html

heres the recipe for the oatmeal pancakes. i use lf buttermilk in them.
there is some butter in them but when you consider how many pancakes this makes, the amount of butter per pancake is pretty small.
i did sub applesauce for the butter and they did not set up well, so i pushed em around the skillet to make THE WORLDS BEST OATMEAL EVER! this inadvertently turned into my fave bfast ever! sososososo good! i dumped in a huge amt of blueberries and oh man is it tasty!
julia & i gobble this stuff up!

Kate, I won't tell you the cost of dance for 3 girls! It's :eek::eek::eek:!! And that was after we decided not to have Danica do competition! But they love it-especially Danica and she's good so we suck it up and hope they appreciate it one day. Our schedule is all over the place-M, T, W, Th and Saturdays til Thanksgiving! I'm hoping we can carpool with Danica's firend again this year.

kl, im sure youre over a grand!:eek: i sure hope my dds enjoy this!
i couldnt keep my sanity and that schedule too. i am adamant about all of us at the table together for dinner. i'll prob have to let that lax a bit as they get older.
-

j woke up early from her nap so im taking all 3 dds on errands, giving m some solo time at home. now i can use that as leverage to get some solo time after lunch for my wo!;) always scheming, i am!:p i think c&w sounds fun today!:D

and i must say again - i love that oatmeal mush. i so dont even need an a.m. snack w/ this breakfast! i love it!

Good plan, Kate! I consider Darrin's work "alone time";) Yeah, the dance schedule is tricky. This year we're doing dinner out on Mondays. The rest of the week, we'll eat together-just a bit later on some nights and I'll be using my crockpot A LOT! And I'm lucky that Darrin's office is right by the studio for easy pick ups:)

I should go do something productive, huh?

klaud, i plan to use crock pot a lot too this year. lets swap ideas! the meatloaf turned out okay, if you like meatloaf - i only like turkey ml, but dh wants beef. it passed his test. great wos. and that is NUTS about dance. wonder what it will cost for boys sports....

kate, sorry pool time is over. it is my lifesaver these days. we went this am and had a great time.

katie, glad the running is going so well. have fun at farmers market.

wlel, dh got home early, so i put kids down for quiet and did kitchen, 1 bath, all of downstairs, dusted upstairs. now just 2 baths and vacumn mop up and beds! yes! also, i feel like i got an extra wo in:cool: eats are clean and cals on track. we are going to my sister's this afternoon and evening for a swim and dinner. not sure what they eat, but i will be tidy. i have decided to do ff's january rotation next. i was going to try a 1 body part per day, but i just am not motivated for that. anyone want to join me? i did that rotation before and loved it. i modified the upper body by adding shoulders onto one of the other ub days and adding either 1 ciruit wo per week or 1 light total ub day. make sense?

bbl

nina, ^5 on all the cleaning! hope you have fun tonight! are you and your sister close?
im not sure what my next rot should be. not ready for sts again yet. im liking circuits & tb too much right now.

-
got some cs in. c&w will have to wait for tonight. boo. i like having my evenings free....oh well. such is life

Hi Everyone,

Chris talked me into going to an event for his car club today so I am typing while they are taking pictures. Someone told me he had sunscreen in his car and when I went looking for it there was none. So I am on the shade.

Good news - I went to PT yesterday and he decided to let me run. I did a slow jog for about 10 mins.(5 mph). I can now start running 10 minutes next week and then add 5 mins. each week. I am really mad I did not go to this PT sooner. My other good news is month 1 of insanity is done. Next week is recovery week.

I will catch up with personals later but here is my dance story. My mom signed me up for ballet when I was 4. I was very timid and when the recital came, my mom had to be called backstage because I would not go on. I did go out and do my dance with the group but I still get teased by my family about it.

mmmmmm....dinner eats were gooooood.......grilled burgers, swt potato fries, mac n chz ..... full. very full ....must wo!

c, what a nice wife to go along!
yay running!!!!
too cute on your ballet story. i'll be shocked if isabel gets on stage!

Well, I wasn't feeling very much hi-energy, but I still wanted to get a WO so I did PP. Feel like I cheated but at least I moved!

Everybody having a good Saturday night?????

Angie - 11 days is awesome!! Ceasar salad is so not a cheat.

Kate - I have to try those pancakes. Sounds yummy! What is PP? Hope your girls like dance.

Morris - I thought about doing one of FF's rotations, but I don't think I can start any rotation until next week when football will be down to only 3x/week. Yay for being able to clean and have DH home early.

Klaudia - I need to use our crockpot a lot more also. It would make the most sense with all the kids' activities.

Colleen - Yay for shade. I was out in the hot 100 degree sun all morning.

Katie - Hope your weekend is going good.

It is so hot today. I wanted to workout, but I think I'll wait for the heat to subside. Spent the entire morning at the football field. It was a scorching 100 degrees. Nasty. Now I am unmotivated to do any house cleaning, lol! Thinking of what to do for a workout this afternoon. Not sure about dinner either. The heat just makes me want to do nothing but veg out. I think I'll grab a book and relax now, ahhhhh.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.