Kathryn Budig - YOU are beautiful

SRP

Cathlete
Kathryn Budig is probably my favorite yoga instructor ever. Not just my favorite yoga instructor, but also one of my favorite people, period. I love her attitude, her fun nature, her strength. This link goes to her home page. There's a video there - I'm not sure how long it will be up, so if you have a chance, view it now! It's awesome and inspiring. I think there's some "take home" for every single one of us.

http://kathrynbudig.com/index.php

By the way - it's about 25 minutes long. But worth every second.

Last edited:
I couldn't sit still for long enough to listen to the whole thing, I think she could have wrapped her message up in about 10 mins, but, that's just the ADHD talking! Budig's is an important message to be sure. There is nothing 'plus size' about this woman. I remember that yoga cover and liking the fact that it was different from the norm. Her body has changed over the years and in the article inside that issue she was very open about it: "so what?" Exactly. What matters is she likes her body, she enjoys inhabiting it, it does what she needs and wants it to do, and she's super healthy. She vibrates with vitality. Her hair is gorgeous!

I don't know why people had to write such snide comments about her body. What is with people? Sometimes I rue the day 'people' were ever given the chance to air their opinions online in public spaces. Let (s)he who is without sin (read: is the epitome of perfection) cast the first stone.

Clare

JeanneMarie - so glad you liked it!

Clare - I loved that entire Yoga Journal issue. And Kathryn's article was the high point of it all. I also appreciated how, in the video, she was so open about how she had to come to terms with the negative remarks - but she did it, and came out stronger for it.

Shannon,
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I took the time and listened to it. I'm on the shorter side and have a short torso and my stomach is an area on my body that I always disliked. I can see the muscles with this layer of fat over the top of it. I have love handles that I cannot get rid of no matter what I weigh. Made me really think about things. I can't believe some of the comments that people made.... REALLY!! If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Enjoyed listening to it!!

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.