Kashi Autumn Wheat fans....

TeTe

Cathlete
What do you do with all the shreds left at the bottom of the box? Every box we have gotten has at least a cup of broken down cereal at the bottom. I hate tossing it (I was raised by a depression era grandma!), and, while it still tastes good, it's pretty yucky and mushy in milk.

Anyone have any ideas about what to do with it? The best I've come up with is I scattering it in the yard for the birds.

Tete,

I don't have an answer for you, but my family loves that cereal too and I always wonder the same thing. Especially since that stuff isn't cheap!

Linda

Tie up the bag, stomp on it, and then put it in some oatmeal and pretend its flax seed. Ease your aggressions, make the most of your money, and get your daily fiber all in one meal.

Is it sweet? If not, maybe you could use it as breading for something.

If it is, would you maybe mix it in oatmeal?

I think I have some of this stuff - it's like Spoon Size shredded wheat, yes?

Yeah, it's a little sweet and it's like spoon sized shredded wheat. I like your and Beav's idea about the oatmeal.

okay, I just googled Shredded Wheat Cookies. This might work with less sugar and subbing the Kashi stuff:

Shredded Wheat Cookies

Total: 45
Yield: 8 dozen

2 cups flour, all-purpose
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar granulated
3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons orange zest grated, (orange part only)
1 teaspoon lemon zest grated, (yellow part only)
2 cups oats, quick cooking or old-fashioned , uncooked
2 cups shredded wheat cereal crushed
1/2 cup dates chopped
1/2 cup raisins, seedless
1/2 cup nuts chopped

Directions
Mix flour with soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.

Beat shortening until light and fluffy; add sugars gradually,
creaming well.

Beat in eggs one at a time.

Add vanilla, honey and grated orange and lemon peels, then
cereals, fruits and nuts; mix well.

Work in flour mixture until well-blended.

Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until done.

Makes about 8 dozen small cookies

<Beavs, you should write a cookbook.>
Only if I get to have my own show on Food Network and I can be even more irritating than Paul Dean. "All right, y'aaaaawwwwwlllll!"

Oh, god!!!! She puts all us southerners to shame!!!!! But I still don't find her quite as irratating as that Sandra (I-own-major-stock-in-already-made-angel-food-cake-canned-frosting-and-packaged-sauce- mixes)Lee.

<Oh, god!!!! She puts all us southerners to shame!!!!! But I still don't find her quite as irratating as that Sandra (I-own-major-stock-in-already-made-angel-food-cake-canned-frosting-and-packaged-sauce- mixes)Lee.>

She is such a goober! I love how her outfits match the crappy food she is making---but I can tolerate her over Dean. Blech!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.