Kari Anderson

Bobbi:

I love Kari Anderson’s dance-oriented floor aerobics. I was introduced to her earlier this year through the links on Cathe’s website. I visited her website, was drawn to DanceWorks, and decided to order it. I love DanceWorks, and I love the other Kari Anderson workouts I have tried since (even the dated ones). I just received Push this past Friday and have not tried it yet. I previewed it and love the music. It looks like a lot of fun with great choreography. Push will be my first experience with Kari’s step choreography. In my experience, Kari does a great job breaking down her choreography without endless repetition. I love all the leaps and twirls she adds to her workouts! I feel like a dancer! The intensity of Push appears to be more moderate than Cathe’s workouts, but the fun factor is high! Kari is very warm and encouraging without being overly perky or too chatty. She is very graceful and moves like a dancer. I really like her. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

HI

Kari is an excellent instructor and her workouts are a nice change of pace, fun, as well as effective. They are not at the intensity of the majority of Cathe's workouts.

BTW, Kari trained with the Joffrey Ballet.

Thank you. It sounds like just what I need. Moderation following one of the many often gruelling Cathe workouts. I will be so thrilled when Cathe is ready to film the new workouts! I'm Jonesing for them. :)
Bobbi "Chicks rule!"http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/tiere/animal-smiley-032.gif
Tell me what you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-008.gif

I love Kari. Great instructor, great cueing, choreography flows beautifully.

Push is one of my new favorites, that and Classic Cardio with Jay Blahnik.

When I am done working out with Kari, I feel good, not beat up like I do sometimes after a Cathe workout.

jmo.

Fitnessgirl:

I have been pondering this since I first read your post. Kari is like no other. She is quite unique. I do have any comparison to offer you. Kari appeals to the romantic dreamer in me. Cathe’s workouts are transforming my body. She is my uncontested favorite video instructor by far, and I do not need anyone else’s workouts for results. Cathe’s workouts are fun but intensely challenging. Working out with Kari is pure pleasure. It is something I feel, not something I do. Kari’s philosophy is different than many other instructors out there. She is all about discovering the joy of movement. She encourages creative expression and interpretation of her moves. DanceWorks especially is more about art than athleticism in my opinion. The choreography is simply beautiful. The way it flows together is captivating. When I am working out with Kari, I am living in the moment and delighting in every twirl and leap. Kari’s workouts make me feel beautiful, graceful, and light on my feet. That is nothing short of a miracle for someone who has battled obesity for most of a lifetime. Something about her style speaks to my heart and beckons the little girl in me to rise up and dance. Working out with Kari is definitely not about results for me. It is about recapturing childhood dreams and learning to live in the moment again. Freedom. Beauty. Joy. Delight. That is what Kari represents to me. DanceWorks is my uncontested favorite Kari Anderson workout. Classic Cardio is my second favorite. I have not actually done Push yet.

I am a romantic dreamer and have always been a girly girl. If you loved to spin around until you were dizzy when you were a little girl, Kari is for you! If you are interested, you can view video clips on the Collage Video website:

http://www.collagevideo.com

I will warn you that Kari is less intense than Cathe. I personally see the value of having different levels of intensity in my workout collection. If you are one who wants someone to kick your butt and wipe the floor with you all the time, you are playing in the wrong sandbox! That is not Kari’s style at all.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Heather-
I've been interested in purchasing some of Kari's workouts so I loved your description. Do you own any of Christi Taylor workouts? Christi is dancy and I love that about her. I always feel like I am at dance class.

Joanne

Kari is totally different than Christi or anyone else for that matter. She is quite dancy in a true dancers way. I enjoyed her step workout more than her hi-lo portion in her "PUSH" workout. You do feel different after doing a Kari workout. And it is nice to feel like you've just performed a dance after a workout. Good change of pace.

Joanne:

Oops! I just noticed a typo in the message I wrote this morning. The first line should read: “I do not have any comparison to offer you.” Oh well.

I bought Christi Taylor’s Still Jumpin’ on VHS last year. I have tried it several times but have not bonded with Christi for some reason. Something about her teaching style does not translate to me. I love her music though and have not given up on her yet. What are your favorite Christi Taylor workouts?

Like Sundari wrote above, Kari is nothing like Christi or anyone else for that matter. Christi is more athletic in my opinion. If you feel like you are in a dance class with Christi, then you will feel like you are performing in a dance recital with Kari. Her choreography is beautiful, graceful, and elegant. There is just something about the way she moves. It is hard to explain. You need to experience it, and you will know right away what I am talking about. Kari’s choreography is complex, but she starts with basic moves and layers on changes at a nice pace without endless taking it from the top. Her cuing is excellent, and she communicates exceptionally well. She explains the moves in a way that is easy to understand. Her choreography flows beautifully. The movements are so fluid and graceful that one move just naturally flows into the next one. Christi is more complex, but Kari is definitely more dance-oriented in the purest sense of the word.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Heather-
Thanks for all that info. I am really intersted in buying a Kari workout. I love dancing. It sounds just like what I have been looking for. Which one would you recommend getting? I was thinking about Reach or Dance Works. Also, I would like to get one of her step workouts. I get my intensity from Cathe and running but like to challenge my body in a different way. I don't have any trouble with complex choreography. Thanks.

My favorite of Christi's is her Fantastic Four DVD.

Joanne

I hope you don't mind Joanne. Why not try Kari's new one "PUSH" you'll be getting to try her hi-lo aero and her step all on one DVD. They are both 30 min. long.

Joanne:

DanceWorks is my absolute favorite, and it is a popular one as well. Body Tech is a popular step workout. I have played with this one but have not actually done any of Kari’s step workouts.

Reach is a toning workout with no cardio. Pilates, ballet, and yoga-like moves are blended together in Kari’s unique style. I do not have Reach. I have her original Angles, Lines, & Curves but have not done that one yet either. It looks very calming.

I recommend starting with DanceWorks. It has 40 minutes of dance cardio followed by 20 minutes of a toning workout that is similar to Kari’s longer fusion workouts like Angles, Lines, & Curves. I only do the dance cardio workout.

DanceWorks and Body Tech are only available on VHS. If you want a DVD, go with Push. As Sundari wrote above, that will give you a taste of step and floor aerobics.

Classic Cardio is another fun one that is only available on VHS. I have also read good things about Bench Works and Hot Steps.

You might want to watch video clips first and order through Collage Video. If Kari is not your cup of tea, you can return the videos within 30 days. I have seen DanceWorks on the Ya Yas Swap recently for around $4.00. Check your local Target for Push. It is available on Target’s website now.

Let me know what you decide, and feel free to ask if you have any other questions. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

Sundari & Heather-Thanks for your help. I just bought Push off of Ebay. I can't wait to try it.

Joanne

Joanne:

All this Kari Anderson talk got me excited, so I did a few of her workouts for the first time this holiday weekend. DanceWorks is still my favorite, but I love Push! The step choreography is fun and more intense than her other workouts, but her dancy floor aerobics is what I love the most.

I did the Body Tech step workout tonight (and skipped the weight workout). I love it! The choreography is a lot of fun and reminds me of Cathe’s step choreography. I highly recommend this one if you like Kari’s style and want to expand your collection. Kari shines in this video, and I love the choreography and the music. It is less intense than most of Cathe’s workouts, but it is still a good workout for a refreshing change of pace. Did I mention that it is fun?! :7

I tried Two the Max twice and did not care for it at all. I am surprised because it looked like a lot of fun when I previewed it. The set is darker than usual, the outfits are loud, and the workout itself did not turn out to be as fun as I had hoped it would be. I am visually motivated, and details like the set and lighting and colors affect my enjoyment of a workout. I can deal with leotards and leg warmers if they are solid colors. Wild patterns are another story! :eek: Music is very important to me as well.

I love DanceWorks, Push, Classic Cardio, and Sweat Express for floor aerobics and Body Tech and Push for step aerobics. Those are the Kari Anderson workouts that are keepers for me. :) I still need to try her original Angles, Lines, & Curves. I may give Two the Max another whirl before I give up on it because it has quite a few glowing reviews. I tried Hi-Lo HITS earlier this year and did not care for it either (because I did not like the music).

I tried Christi’s Still Jumpin’ again this weekend. After doing Kari’s workouts for several months, I am able to follow her choreography now. It is just not my cup of tea. I love the music, but the workout itself is not something I enjoy doing.

I hope you enjoy Push! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.