Just registered by first born for kindergarten

jnka825

Cathlete
It is very bittersweet. My son, Nikolas, was born at 31 weeks. He weighed less than 4 pounds and was in the NICU for a month. For the first two years we had so many ups and downs with him, including neurosurgery in which he had to have a shunt put in his head because he was diagnosed with hydrocephalus. Going through all those hard times with him early on I would think about the future and tell myself that it would all be okay. One day he would be a healthy little boy and he would ride a bike and go to school, and so on and so on. Having these positive thoughts gave me the strength to deal with all the worry and stress. Now it is reality. He is healthy, he is developing normally, he is strong and loves BATMAN and drives me crazy with how much he talks at times (when he was diagnosed with hydrocephalus he was not speaking yet). It is amazing.

So I won't cry, even though I am a little sad that my baby is not a baby anymore. He is exactly what I kept envisioning when he went through all these setbacks those first two years. Thank God.

Just had to share.

Kristin

Hi Kristin! Congratulations to all of you on making it through those difficult years! It is truly bitter-sweet when our babies begin big-kid school!! I'm sure he (and you) will thrive beautifully! :D:D:D

Wow--my Nicholas will be 3 on Sunday, and I can only imagine how emotional I will be--he was born at 27 weeks, 92 days in the NICU--no surgeries though. I can imagine how you are feeling--these little guys are awesome. Nick is 42 inches now and 41 lbs--all muscle (he lifts weights with me, and does HIIT, LOL). Give him a big hug and kiss!!!!!

Jen

Kristin, . . .I share your emotional overload feeling right now. At the age of 2 my son was diagnoised autistic. You can imagine the horror and sadness that overwhelmed me and my husband when we were told that it was a social disorder and that he may never really be able to speak or tell us that he loved us and mean it. Well fast forward, . . . and my 9 year old son not only is able to talk, . . sometimes he talks to much. :) He hass straight A's in class, friends, and has convincingly told my husband, myself, and even his sister that he loves us. He has really defied all odds and is a true sucess story! Kids are stronger, smarter, and braver than we can ever imagine. Hang in there and take pictures! It will be a moment you'll never forget.

Wow--my Nicholas will be 3 on Sunday, and I can only imagine how emotional I will be--he was born at 27 weeks, 92 days in the NICU--no surgeries though. I can imagine how you are feeling--these little guys are awesome. Nick is 42 inches now and 41 lbs--all muscle (he lifts weights with me, and does HIIT, LOL). Give him a big hug and kiss!!!!!

Jen

These kids are amazing aren't they. Nikolas does Cathe MMA kickbox with me (well, every two minutes he takes a break ;)). I try very hard not to be overprotective with him, but it is still very hard for me. On Easter Sunday morning he was standing by his dad in his new Batman pajamas and he is such a big boy, no baby in him anymore. . . just amazing.

Kristin

Kristin, . . .I share your emotional overload feeling right now. At the age of 2 my son was diagnoised autistic. You can imagine the horror and sadness that overwhelmed me and my husband when we were told that it was a social disorder and that he may never really be able to speak or tell us that he loved us and mean it. Well fast forward, . . . and my 9 year old son not only is able to talk, . . sometimes he talks to much. :) He hass straight A's in class, friends, and has convincingly told my husband, myself, and even his sister that he loves us. He has really defied all odds and is a true sucess story! Kids are stronger, smarter, and braver than we can ever imagine. Hang in there and take pictures! It will be a moment you'll never forget.

Wow! That is awesome! I can just imagine how pride you are of him.

You are so right when you say kids are stronger, smarter and braver than we can ever imagine. I remember when Nikolas had his surgery, he was 1 1/2 years old. He woke up the next morning smiling and wanting me to read him a Sesame Street book.

Kristin

FYI

Tried to edit the title, to change "by" to "my" :eek: but it won't let me. Oh well. My bad!

Kristin

So I won't cry, even though I am a little sad that my baby is not a baby anymore. He is exactly what I kept envisioning when he went through all these setbacks those first two years. Thank God.

Just had to share.

Kristin

Thank you for sharing this! You will cry, though. But it will be such a feeling of accomplishment for you to walk him to class on his first day. Kindergarten is SOOOOOO much fun for the kids AND the mommies. My middle child goes to kindergarten in the fall, and I am so excited because I know all the fun he has in store for him. Congratulations on this milestone!! ((Hugs)) to you and your little one!! :)

Wow! That is awesome! I can just imagine how pride you are of him.

You are so right when you say kids are stronger, smarter and braver than we can ever imagine. I remember when Nikolas had his surgery, he was 1 1/2 years old. He woke up the next morning smiling and wanting me to read him a Sesame Street book.

Kristin

Kristin that just makes me cry! A happy, . .in total awe of how amazing kids are cry! How awesome is he? I cry like a little girl when I get my teeth cleaned. Smiling after surgery you've got one great kid there.

Yeah I'm very proud of my little man. Since my husband told me horror stories of being bullied as a kid I was so scared that kids, . . .and yes it has happened when he was in preschool would pick on him. I would go to autism centers and see kids who would sit in a corner just hitting themselves on their head for hours. One kid was facinated with spoons. I think every parent just wants their kid to be happy, healthy, and a good respectful person.

Your little guy is a lucky boy to have a mom who loves him so much. Good luck.

Sooo proud of the super strong parents out there!! My son has had health problems since he was an infant and I pray he is outgrowing them through lots of changes in diet and dozens of doctors until we found the right ones.

My son is in first grade and sometimes I still have pangs of guilt having him in school from 9-3:45. Does anybody else have guilt and miss their little ones while they are in school?

Parents rock!!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.