Just had to share this with all of you ...

Carol122201

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I'm at work, but I think I can post this quickly, and I had to share this! As some of you know, I've been encouraging my almost 13 year old daughter to workout. We didn't do one yesterday when she got home from school because we had parent-teacher conferences to get to, and she had a lot of homework. When she got home from school today, of course I was getting ready to go to work, but she said she wanted to workout. She looked over all my Cathe tapes, and picked out Legs & Glutes. I kept checking on her while doing what I needed to do to get ready for work, and she did GREAT! She finished the entire tape (which I got to preview because she was doing it), and used a 5 pound weight for most of it. She didn't use ankle weights. She and my hubby drove me to work, and all the way there she couldn't stop talking about how much she loved Cathe's workouts, and how good she felt!! I am SO proud of her! I'm working all night plus tomorrow night, but when I get up on Sunday she wants to do Boot Camp!!

Thanks for letting me share!! By the way, Legs & Glutes is AWESOME!! I'm going to do it Monday!!

Carol

Wow! That must be such a pleasure seeing your daughter get going in the right direction! Money cannot buy that kind of satisfaction.

Carol:

Your joy in this shared experience with your daughter comes through so beautifully! How wonderful and fun! Sometimes I get to witness that young enthusiasm in teenaged girls because I coach and work in a PE dept. at a high school. It is really empowering for them at a time when they are growing up so fast. It's also infectious, as enthusiasm tends to be, and draws more and more girls to fitness and athletics. High five, Carol!

--Ann

That's so great, Carol! Boy, getting into this now will help her in so many aspects of her high school, then college life. Just the confidence alone that exercising gives you will be invaluable in the coming years. What a wonderful role model you are!

WAY TO GO, PRINCESS CAROL AND PRINCESS NIK!

Carol, you must be over the moon, girl! Look what you've done for Nik in the past six months -- SHOWN her, not told her, all about commitment to being well and healthy, and dedication and discipline, and RESULTS! :) :) :) :) :) She is on the right road and I'm sure in no time at all you'll be adding a "Nik's Fitness Page" to your wonderful success story pages. And what a perfect moment in her life for her to really learn this stuff -- This is such a crucial time socially, and she's going to be moving up to high school in phenomenal shape -- feeling great about herself physically and mentally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased and proud and moved and happy for both of you!

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/sport/sport23.gif Kathy S.

RE: WAY TO GO, PRINCESS CAROL AND PRINCESS NIK!

Thanks girlfiend, and thanks to all of you!! Kathy you are SO right - they learn best by example, not by our nagging them ... :) She's SO excited about us working out tomorrow when I wake up, and then her first "official" Weigh-In on Monday!! I'll let you know how it goes!

For now, I have to get my act in gear and get back to work!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Carol
:)

She must be so proud of you, Carol. I was just looking at your pics and they are so awesome. Look at you, holding those twelve pounders, making it look so easy and with a lovely smile, no less. Nice muscles there, lady! Have fun tomorrow and I will think of you because I am doing Pyramid Upper and Lower tomorrow since I opted for yoga and 8 hours of cleaning today. LOL!

Chicks's Rule! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif Bobbi

Bobbi thank you so much!! :D 8 hours of house cleaning and yoga should be a workout tape in and of itself - LOL! Enjoy the pyramids - I love those two!!!

Carol

Hey, maybe Cathe will come out with a house cleaning video. Think how well-chaptered it would be! You could select either by room (bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc) or by type of cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, mopping) or by object you are cleaning (toilet, table, sink...), How many of you would pre-order? :p

I knew what you meant, and that's the scary part! LOL!! We did Boot Camp today after I woke up, and she was really tired by about the fourth cycle (so was I!! I only slept five hours this morning!!), but we both finished it!! And, I did those oblique twists in the last cycle where you hold the medicine ball all the way through for the first time! I use an 8 pound ball, and I've never been able to finish them. By the time she and I got to the last cycle, we were laughing about something, and before I knew it, the set was done!! WAY cool!!! Tomorrow I'm doing Legs & Glutes on my own, then I work tomorrow night, and Tuesday when she gets home from school we'll workout again, but I'm not sure which tape we'll do. Tomorrow is her first "weigh-in", and she's very excited!!

I'm off to bed now! Those school mornings come early! Good night!!

Carol

I know! I have to take this while it's still there!! I know there will come a time when she'd rather be with her friends than with me, so I savor these moments.

Her first weigh-in was this morning, and she lost 4 pounds!! I know that's mostly water, and she's only 12, but she's so thrilled! I also did explain she won't see results like that every week, and she wouldn't want to because it would mean she was losing muscle, and she understands that. However ... seeing a quick result like that the first week is exactly what she needed! I've made her a chart in Word just like I have so she can keep track of her progress and her workouts. She's already planning which workout we're doing together tomorrow!

Carol

That's exciting! I am going to try to get my middle child, Sydney to work out with me. She is such a couch potato! They have been strength training at school and we often talk about muscles and exercise and they have loads of information from my healthnut years! Sydney is my gentle child and the poor kid is sandwhiched between two very intense beings so she is a breath of fresh air around here! My oldest daughter got into running in middle school but she's all about her friends and her (scary) music and high school now.
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/nosmile/peacesign.gif Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/nosmile/peacesign.gif

I think I'm already experiencing the "scary" music phase and she's only in 7th grade! LOL! Some of that stuff they listen to loosely defines the term "music". I sound old when I say that, don't I? :-( I'm sure some of the stuff I listened to in junior high was considered "scary" by my parents' generation too!

Nik is quite a coach potato too, but I'm hoping as she sees results like this, it will keep her motivated. They do a lot of education with them in school these days about health and nutrition, but you're never quite sure how much of it sinks in!

Carol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.