Jugglers August 2014

Happy Friday Night!

Jane - Hope you had a great birthday! Tough working out in those temps! Nice you have a shaded area to workout in on days like this!

Alisha - Woo on the step workout! Yikes! You guys are getting a heck of a summer!

A weird thing happened on Wednesday. Was stretching at my desk and tipped my head back around mid-morning and . . . *CRACK-Crack-CRACK!* My neck cracked like crazy and really loudly. It scared the beejeezuz out of me! I was worried I hurt myself worse or something! Since then, I've had no neck pain at all! My back and shoulder pain has been minimal, too. I'm wondering if the herniated disc worked itself back or shifted to relieve the pressure off the nerve.

Whatever happened, I feel so much better! I hope I stay this way! It's been ages since my pain has been so minimal! Woo!

Hope you two have a spectacular weekend!

Hi Ladies,

On Thursday night it rained so I ended up working inside with kettlebells.

Last night I did a running workout mixed in with some med ball exercises and using my new 20 pound steel bell. With the heat index it was over 100 but not much humidity.

Today was a rest day and tomorrow will be a 8 mile run early in the am. In the afternoon we leave for the beach and will be there for the week. Eating will be not healthy but I figure I can splurge for a week. I will be getting lots of exercise and am planning to go running and I'm also bringing my kettlebells. I will try to post. The house where we are staying has WiFi.

Tricia ~ I hope your back/shoulders are still feeling better. Once I had an achilles problem but tripped and turned by ankle and it cured the achilles problem. I think sometimes things balance themselves out.

Alisha ~ We are in the triple digits together. Hope you are getting in some fun workouts and staying cool.

Jane - Have a great week at the beach!

It is weird how things work themselves out sometimes! I'm still having a bit of pain behind my left shoulder blade and my left rotator cuff, but my pain level is way lower than it had been and I'm still not having any neck pain!

Hi Alisha! Hope your weekend is going well!

Sorry you two are having a hot summer! We have barely had one at all. It's been like fall up here already. Next week, we'll be back in the 80s again! Yay!

Yesterday was my friends birthday. We went to Ferrells ice cream parlor for dessert in the evening. That was fun. Earlier, I went shopping and I bought some new shoes on clearance from Payless shoe source for fun. They are converse style knockoffs in a Fourth of July style pattern. I walked around in them for a little while without socks and earned myself some nasty blisters on the back of each heal. Not the brightest thing I've ever done!

I am going shopping today for a tie for my cousin's dad to wear to her wedding. I expect to walk around a lot so I won't be doing an official work out today. I plan to work out tomorrow. Probably something barefoot!

Tricia I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Jane enjoy the beach :)

Last edited:
I'm trying a new book club called the mythic imagination book club in Sacramento, we are meeting at the old telephone book location. It's that time of the month so I probably won't exercise today.

I hope that the two of you are getting good Workouts and are having fun :)

Hi Alisha!

Guess it's just the two of us for a while! Sorry I've missed checking in this week with Jane on vacation! I like the sound of that new book club! I hope it's fun! Your shoes sound really cute! I hate when I get blisters from new shoes! Ugh!

I haven't been getting any workouts in, but that should change next week. Going sailing tomorrow with Stephen and some of the other PhD students from UConn. Hope that's fun! Sunday, we are going to a cookout at a friend's house up in Peabody - close to Boston. Monday, I'm doing absolutely nothing! lol That is, unless someone wants to go play golf!

Have a fabulous weekend! It's going to be nice to have 3 days off!

Update:

Went sailing with the husband and a few of his co-PhDs from UConn yesterday. Took a pre-emptive Ibuprofen before going out and still ended up in a ridiculous amount of pain by the time we got home. Haven't had pain like that in a couple of weeks. Had to take more pain meds before bed. Feeling better today! Just sore from all the work on the boat with the sails and that's okay. Not doing much today, besides going to a cookout at a friend's house later.

Also, while looking for my navy blue cami yesterday evening, I found my dragon earring Stephen had gotten me a few months back! I thought I had put it in the bedroom, but couldn't find it for anything! It turned up! I'm so glad! Now, to find my cami! lol

Have a great day!

Hi Jane! Hope your vacation has been perfect!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.