Jogglers August 2010 (aka New Runners)

Hi everyone! I'm back from 4 rest days (!) - we had family in town and had an open house/visitation for Pete's mom Saturday and then a small private service for her on Sunday. She passed away a month ago - Pete needed some time to think about what he wanted and get it organized. Now we will need to find a time to scatter her ashes and he needs to take the rest of her -that is not getting scattered - to the cemetary to be buried with her parents.

Every step seems to send him back to square one with the grieving - I'm having a hard time with it. I could go on but I lost my therapist couch. :)

Anyway - I'm starting Meso 2 tomorrow and VERY excited about it. Also VERY excited about the new workouts. I love the red outfits and those two women (Amanda and Nancy) are specemins (spelling) of beauty, aren't they?

I too get bothered with the spotty nature of SNM's replies. It seems random. (hopefully he's not reading this!)

Tricia - You should be so proud of your 10 mile run/walk. It will be better next time - I promise you!

Hi everyone else!!

Hi Everyone!

Here is my workout for tonight:
5 Rounds
5-4-3-2-1 Mr. Spectaculars

10-8-6-4-2 Kettlebell Floor Press
15-12-9-6-3 Box Jumps
20-16-12-8-4 Pull ups

It seems to be a little less humid today although I haven't been outside since lunch time.

Cindi ~ {{{Hugs}}} to you and Pete. It can be a difficult time for everyone involved. With everything that has happened this year with my mom I don't even think I've had time to grieve for my dad yet.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Cindi - I'm there with Jane on this! Lots of {{{Hugs}}} and healing energy to you and your family. Enjoy Meso 2! It was my favorite! It's the cycle I saw the most results with!

I know what you mean about Amanda and Nancy! I'll bet they're riding on air this whole time! I can't believe the filming is about finished already! I like the pics, too!

Jane - Another good one for you! My quads are still hurting from Sunday!

I did Timesaver #1 this morning and tacked on the shoulder work from TS #4. Because I'm running 2 days, I had to squeeze these into 3 days. I'm going to do a nice easy run tomorrow morning!

We've heated back up into the 90s again! Bleh. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to fall!

Hello Lisa and Alisha!

Hi ladies,
Saturday night I squeezed in CC V1.

Sunday morning I did Namaste yoga, AOS Providence and floorwork from High and Tight. I also ran a quick mile Sunday evening.

This morning I did CC V2.

Cindi - Hugs!

Tricia - Good job on your run! That's awesome!! I've run a couple of 10 and 12 milers when I was getting ready for my half marathon and they are tough.

Tricia and Alisha - I'm glad its not just me. SNM has posted and answered questions again and mine still just sitting there. I love Cathe's workouts but honestly I'm getting a little fed up with the business side of things.

Hi Jane!

Lisa

Lisa - I wonder if you posted a new one and just changed it a little if it would get any attention? Sometimes I wonder about that.

CC V1 is one of my faves!

I don't know what possessed me to try 10 miles. It just seemed like the thing to do at the time since the 8 mile run went so well - other than the first 6 wheezy miles. I do love running in the rain though! LOL! Maybe I was just on a natural high that day. It was sunny and hot Sunday and that's what made the run more difficult, I'm sure.

Last Dance!

Lisa- I don't know why they wouldn't just answer your question, would it really be that hard?

Cindi- I'm sending lots of cyber hugs in your direction. We just went through the loss of a senior family member and it wasn't an easy thing.

Tricia- I am looking forward to fall too. Its finally cooler here. I like that I can just go for a jog without worrying about rain in the summer but in the fall its much more pleasant.

Jane- How is your mom?

I might take today as a yoga day. Some how I cut up my toes with my own nails yesterday on my joggle and they are a bloody mess. Its gross. I will do another joggle tomorrow with tape and newly trimmed nails.

Ladies, we will have a new thread starting tomorrow. I'm just going to call it "Jogglers" because we all know to look for it without the 'aka new runners'.

I can't believe it is going to be September - we are going to surpass 90 today. UGH!

Thanks for all the hugs ladies!

Hi Everyone!

I am taking a rest day today. I'm going over to see mom and spend the night. She is just really, really tired. She didn't have a reaction to the injection...yay...but is just struggling with the fatigue. I hope this stuff doesn't kill her. She sounded like a weak kitten on the phone.

Tricia ~ I think I'm doing 10 miles this weekend. It's good to challenge yourself.

Lisa ~ They should answer all questions or none at all. At least be consistent.

Cindi ~ It was only 86 yesterday and beautiful. We are back into the 90's but low 90's.

Alisha ~ Take care of the toes!! Yikes!!

Hi Ladies!

Alisha - I've never cut my toes up that badly! On Sunday, I did have one toenail slice a bit of skin on the neighbor. So not nice! Hope you had a lovely yoga workout! We hit 94 today! Ugh. It's supposed to stay in the 90s until Friday.

Cindi - Yep. We're having the same miserable temps!

Jane - {{{Hugs}}} to your mom! I'm glad she's not having any reaction to the injections, but fatigue can be just as bad! I hope she regains her energy soon! Can't wait to hear how your 10 miler goes!

I headed out this morning thinking I was doing good and getting out a little earlier than usual. I had forgotten to pull socks out of the laundry basket and put them with my running clothes downstairs last night, so I wore my VFFs instead of my Brooks GS. I get out there and start running only to realize that my Nike+ sensor is on my other shoes! I was going back for it and decided against it since it would get the pups rowdy and wake DH. At least I had my HRM to get my burned cals. I think I was a tad faster this morning. Hard to tell for certain without the sensor, but it seemed like it anyway. Did 3.5 miles for my easy run after the long one on Sunday. It was already too warm at 5:15 this morning! I knew it was going to be a scorcher! Please keep these temps in the South next summer! We've had way more hot days this year than usual and I'm done with it!

Got my package from SNM today! Woo-Hoo! I love living this close! It shipped on Friday and got here today! Love it! Can't wait to use all my new toys!

Hello Lisa! Hope you're having a good day!

Change of plans

I did CW cardio premix. I just needed to be sure I don't get bed sores from sitting around. or worse, flat butt syndrome!:p

See you gals tomorrow.

Alisha

Hi ladies,
One last post on the August thread. I had a rest day today. I went to work and then puppy class. I'm stressing a bit about work and our internet at the school has been out for two days in a row. Exciting stuff. Yeah, the SNM thing is weird - they've posted several more responses on that forum but nothing on my little thread.

Alisha - Hope the toes heal quickly! I can't imagine.

Tricia - Glad you had a good run.

Jane - Aww.. sorry to hear your mom sounded so pitiful!

Cindi - I hope it cools down for you! It's been really hot here this week too.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.