job hunting and crying about it

tina72382

Cathlete
ok so I'm sitting here, bawling for the past hour about my future-
I have been offered a job at a school that pays ok, but is an hour away from home. moving is not an option, as it is in a very upscale area of ny where prices are totally out of my range. - and i would have to quit teaching aerobics classes.

another school interviewed me but would not give me an offer yet, because I am yet to meet their superintendent. they are closer (35 min) and right by fiances job, and the gym i work at. I would rather work for them.

the first school made me decide, and when i called the second school ( the one I really want to be at) they said that they shouldnt hold me back and that I need to take it.

so if i wait, i could be out of two job offers.

i am so sad. i should be happy to have at least a job. but i'm not. its also ttom. i am still in my pjs and totally down about it.

thanks for listening to me vent. on top of wedding plans, I am totally stressed and feeling like a wreck.

-Tina

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:( Sorry to hear about your job hunting woes. Unfortunately, thing don't always go the way we want them to. I think you should just go ahead and accept the job that's making you the offer. I think it's totally understandable that they don't want to wait until you hear from another job you want more. And the second job is obviously bound and determined to follow their procedure.

Well that just basically sucks!! With a school district I know it would be hard to just take the job with the intention of quitting if you got the other thing they have long memories. Maybe you could commit for the semester but be thinking about a move in January. I have been there with the job search thing and it can be taxing.

All I can say is BREATHE AND MOVE FORWARD.

KIM

Take the first job, but keep following up on the second. If it comes through, call the first and tell them you are no longer interested. (People actually do this very often.) If it doesn't work out, you are at least gainfully employed until something you'd prefer comes along.

I know it stinks, but unfortunately that's how it is sometimes.

Good luck & I hope it works out for you,
Marie

oh, thanks everyone so much :)

I am no longer crying :)

I guess it all makes sense in the end, I'm going to keep looking for something that I like and is closer, and stay at the first offer until something better comes up.

Thanks for the love and support :) -Tina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.