Jeans for fall!

I have long, thin legs, slim hips and a small, but not flat, butt (classic "ruler"). My current favorites are AG flares. Gap Long and Leans fit my shape pretty well too. I used to wear skinny jeans in the 80's (they weren't low rise back then) and might try on a pair or two this fall to see how I like them. I'm with Nancy about liking low rise pants and hope they stay around for a while.

Ok you wanna teens point of view on jeans? Well, I can fit into 00 at American Eagle if they're skinny flare and fairly short.

Abercromie I havta order online at Abercromie kids.com because their sizes are more for woman.

Aeropostal...LOVE LOVE LOVE most of their jeans. some are just too blahh:p and the others are super cute. I just got some there today acually when I went back to school shopping. OMG I bought soo much stuff, but I won't get into it;-)

I also like Pac Suns jeans. Depends what style though. I can't wear hipsters cuz I don't have hips. I need stretch flare.

Also love Hollister. There jeans are super stylish. Love em!!

Take Care!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

I have had the best luck with Eddie Bauer and LLBean stretch boot cut. They have a low rise, but not too low! I always get complements in them!

Most flattering on me are a rise that sits just below the belly button (or an inch below), some spandex for stretch, and a bootcut or flared leg.

These are DEFINITELY an indulgence, but Seven jeans end up being a really nice fit for me. I tried some on yesterday since so many of my friends swear by these (I've always resisted because I didn't want to pay $100+ for jeans!), but once I put them on, I could definitely see why so many of my friends go bonkers for them! I'm one of those whose waist and hips are just about the same size and a very flat butt (maybe my current GS rotation can take care of that--the floorwork is out of this world and kicked my butt, literally!). These jeans provided a nice "lift" which I appreciated, and hugged my body well without being uncomfortable in the least. The only drawback was that they were super-long on me (I'm 5'5 with average length legs), so I'd have to get them hemmed, but otherwise the fit was amazing.

I think I know what I'll be using my next bonus for ;).

Jennifer

I have more of an hour-glass figure and share the frustration of several others who have posted in this thread. Jeans that fit me through the hips and thighs are too big in the waist. With most of these new low rise jeans, I can reach around back and grab a big handful of denim between my waist and butt. Belts don't help because this causes too much puckering. I, too, tried Gap Curvy jeans, but still have problems with that style. But good news! I just found a pair of slightly low rise (just below waist) boot cut jeans at, of all places, Talbot's that fit me better than any other jeans. Stretch denim, very flattering, and very reasonably priced. I washed and dried them and the fit was the same--no shrinkage even in length.

LL Bean has a boot cut style that comes close to these, and Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) in the tummy tuck style are also not too bad. (Although the "tummy tuck" part is not effective for me because in order to get them to fit through the thighs and hips, the waist part is slightly loose.)

I am very excited about my big "find" at Talbot's but I have not worn them yet. Will let you know how they hold up.

MissL

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I really can't say enough about Gap jeans. I love love love their Curvy line. When you find jeans that fit, let me know!

Liz

I like Citizens of Humanity, and they aren't quite as low and tight as Seven Jeans. They are well over one hundred dollars, but I can find a great pair on Ebay for much less. There was a thread about Lucky Jeans a while ago, and I would love to find out where to buy those.

Since I work at home, I live in jeans most of the time.

I just got a pair of jeans that I love. They are Calvin Klein Bootcut & I got them at Gordman's for $30. They are usually $70 or so in dept stores. They aren't the skinny kind, although I have slimmer hips now I'm too muscular in the thighs & calves from running to wear the skinny or slim kind. I don't care for the loose fit either, I like them just below the waist (no plummer crack jeans! LOL) & form fitting, but not skin tight either. I'm a bit picky about my jeans!

I also like Levi's Bootcut 525 jeans & they usually run about $30 at Kohl's. I just can't spend more than that on jeans, it just seems outrageous to me! I have also have one pair of jeans from Old Navy (just below the waist kind) that I love but have never found another pair there that I like as well.

I love going to a local teen resale shop called Plato's Closet & getting jeans for cheap also- they have everything from Aeropostale, Gap, and everything in between there for really reasonable.

Happy jeans shopping!

Hugs,

I always wear flares, which I think are very slimming. With straight legs the widest part of your body is the hips, which is only flattering on reallly skinny folks. The wideness of the flare evens it out a bit and is (I think) very flattering on most women.
Amy:+

Okay, I said I'd update after suggestions, etc.

I went with Seven jeans -- I finally decided I needed a splurge and wanted some jeans I love. So, yep! (Jennifer, I just caught your post about buying them, too)

I went into Bloomingdale's, asked for help, did not look at labels or price. I wanted a good pair -- they're soft, they complement my figure, great color, just right. And, I'm curvy, not a stick by any means, so I was pleasantly surprised to see these flatter me.

Good luck on your fall denim shopping!!

;-)

Woohoo, congrats!! I'm a little envious, as I won't be able to go on my planned shopping spree for a few more weeks :).

Jennifer

My favorites right now are my jeans from Aeropostale. I'm a pear shape and in need for long length and they always seem to have something to fit me. They are ultra low rise and slightly flare at the bottom. I love how they fit! I do have some Gap curvy and long and lean - these are good too, but I always reach for my aeropostale!

Barbara

JeanneMarie,
Sorry, but I don't think of your long, lithe, model-like body as being typical! ;) Enjoy the skinny jeans. I'm sure they look like a million bucks on you.
-Nancy

Nancy, I knew what you meant! I was teasing you! ;)

Thank you for the kind compliment! Actually, I haven't bought any of the new slim jeans. It's funny, just about 6 months ago I took all of my old slim jeans to Good Will. I hadn't worn them in over a year, so I figured it was time to ditch 'em. Oh well...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.