janis safell

D

debra123

I am wanting to buy Janis Saffell's kickbox strike zone. Do any of you have it if so how do you like it?

I am just wanting another instructor to add on to Cathe's kickboxing which I love.

If you have any other kickbox dvds I would love to hear about them. anyone have her south beach slam? I think it is a srep workout.

Thanks

Deb:)

Deb,

IMHO, Janis Saffell cannot be compared to Cathe. I own Strike Zone and while it's very well choreographed, I don't find it challenging whatsoever. It's dancey and the moves are too easy. I did it once and gave it to my daughter.

I know there are other here who like it but it can't be compared to any of Cathe's workouts which are much more athletic and challenging.

I agree with Candi. Janis is definitely not comparible to Cathe in intensity. I own most of Janis's workouts, but usually use them as add ons or do them for a "light" day workout. There are times where I am not up for Cathe's intensity, so Janis fits the bill perfectly.

Thanks ladies

I do know she can't compare to Cathe I was just wanting something else
I have all of Cathe's kickboxing and she is the best.

have a great day

Deb

I have Janis's Hardcore Kickbox Circuit and it's pretty good and would recommend as a decent medium workout, not a Cathe level as we know. She and another instructor, Guerillmo Gomez trade off instructing different sections. I use it when I need to throw something different in the mix for cardio. I get a medium cardio workout and it also has weight portions mixed in, but they are light enough that it doesn't affect my strength training days. Also, I have 2 lb hand wraps that I wear when doing the workout, which I bought from her website, as they are wearing these weights as well. I really like them and my arms feel pumped with blood after the workout, but not sore. I never did the workout without wearing the weights, so the workout may be a bit less intense without them.

>I have Janis's Hardcore Kickbox Circuit and it's pretty good
>and would recommend as a decent medium workout, not a Cathe
>level as we know. She and another instructor, Guerillmo Gomez
>trade off instructing different sections. I use it when I
>need to throw something different in the mix for cardio. I
>get a medium cardio workout and it also has weight portions
>mixed in, but they are light enough that it doesn't affect my
>strength training days. Also, I have 2 lb hand wraps that I
>wear when doing the workout, which I bought from her website,
>as they are wearing these weights as well. I really like them
>and my arms feel pumped with blood after the workout, but not
>sore. I never did the workout without wearing the weights, so
>the workout may be a bit less intense without them.

I have that workout too. I love Guillermo he and Janis are married. I wear 1 1/2 pound weights on each hand. I like it just to do something different. I don't do kickbutt Cathe's everyday and I still get great results. Cathe is my favorite out there and I have a ton of her dvds. I love Hardcore kickbox circuit I think it is a lot of fun. Thank you for your response. Have a great evening
:) :) Deb

I personally like Janis Safell. Sure, her workouts aren't as intense as Cathe's, but if you add weighted gloves and do jumping jacks during her slower parts, you can get the intensity up.

You could also try the Powerstrike workouts; they are pretty good (again, not as intense as Cathe, but good).

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.