I've lost everything I had gained!!

faith4us

Cathlete
I feel so discouraged! I am almost 26 weeks pregnant with my 6th baby. Before getting pregnant I was in great shape. I had just finished my second round of STS too.

Well, I never can workout for the first trimester. I am usually so sick and tired the whole time. BUT after the 1st trimester has passed I usually workout like normal and stay pretty fit.

This time, though, I have gotten sick just often enough to make it to where I have hardly worked out since I hit my second trimester. I may get in two weeks a month.

I just started again on Monday and I was so bummed that I could hardly do anything. I couldn't even do a single pushup, even doing them on my knees was a big challenge. My legs are super weak and could hardly do step ups on the high step. Then I got the worse case of DOMS I have ever had.

It is discouraging to me that I have lost everything I had gained as far as strength. I look at birth and delivery and train for it as if for a marathon. I like to be in great shape when I give birth it really does help.

Anyway, I don't know why I am even posting this but I thought some of you might understand how I feel.

I just wanted to say hang in there in there I am right there with you. I'm still working out but not as intense as I use too or not as heavy as I can go with the weights and I too have lost some strength.
I look at it as a time to take it easy and and not push myself to the limit like I would normally do. I wear my heart rate moniter just to keep an eye on my hr and I could also see my calorie burn which is now between 200-275 hardly ever reaching 300 and I have to remind myself not to get crazy over the number because I am pregnant!
I also know it kind of gives me a break from being so competitive with myself and I know once I have my baby I will once again put my game face on!!LOL
So just take it easy on yourself and relax some maybe this is just your body telling yourself to give rest this time around..Who knows!

Take care of yourself....

I'm with you too, Faith. Between the stomach flu last week, and a 3 day headache that I'm afraid is indicating pre-eclampsia, I've been sidelined too.

I managed to get in the Gym Styles last week when I couldn't push through any cardio. And so far this week, I've only gotten in Step Moves on Monday. I'm going to try again tonight, but my head is a real issue.

I look at working out during pregnancy the exact same way that you do, so I'm so afraid to completely lose everything. My strength is gone. I've come to terms with that. But cardio is a real problem too, and that scares me.

So, like you, not really doing anything other than putting it out there. But you're not alone!

I know you are discouraged now, but you have to keep everything in perspective. You are so blessed to have conceived, and your pregnancy is going well......you are going to have SIX kids!!!

Having said that, I'd like you to know that I was on hospital bedrest for THREE months with my twins that were born in November. I was forbidden to workout my entire pregnancy (after being a hardcore exerciser for close to 15 years). I lost all strength & was out of shape. My girls are now 3 months old & I have regained ALL my strength & have fit into all my pre-pregnancy clothes.

I know it's easier said that done, but enjoy this time growing your new bambino.

"To everything there is a season & a time for every purpose under the heaven..."

Thanks Ladies for helping me. I feel much better.

It is very hard for me and my personality to let things go. Always a hard lesson to learn in there but it always turns out for good.

I am glad to see that i am not the only one going through this off and on during pregnancy.

Thank you for all of the encouragement and sharing.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.