Is Cathe officially a celebrity now???

naughtoj

Cathlete
I know Cathe is on FitTV now and I saw that her roadtrip this year sold out in 3 minutes. Roadtrippers describe "papparazzi", lol.

I started doing Cathe vids in 2001 and can't help but wonder now:

Has she officially entered celebrity status???

I would love to know the stats on how much more popular she has become in the fitness industry over the last few years. She keeps upping the bar for her videos....better technology, cutting edge moves, huge filming studios, her new gym, etc.... I wonder how video sales have improved. I know just by visiting this site there are tons more visitors every day!

She deserves all the success, no doubt! :7 }( :) Too bad there isn't a fitness "Hall of Fame". She'd sure be inducted, lol. Ok, well, atleast she'd have my vote! Way to go Cathe!!;-)

If she isn't she sure should be -- if this forum had any influence!!! We almost live and breath for anything Cathe!!!! ha ha and without shame!!! :)

Mary

Well, I think she is to us, and members of the fitness community, but in the broad sense of the word, no. I think celebrities are people who are household names. If you stopped any random person on the street, I doubt they would know who Cathe is.

Honestly, I kinda like it that way:)

I have to say, since even the people who are members at her gym don't really know *who* she is, she's not. But that's ok, b/c we can definitely keep her to ourselves ;-) Among our group, she DEFINITELY is!! I think it would make her everyday life easier, too, not being recognized as much. She has the best of both worlds IMO!!

Carol

I agree with Shelley. I also think she is a very kind, down to earth, well balanced woman who was incredibly patient and accommodating with all of the goggling, oohing, aahing that frankly, made me feel a bit embarrassed, but alas, I am not into the celebrity thing to begin with. They put their pants on in the morning just like the rest of us. ;-)

Someone on the RT said that Cathe and the crew had kind of the ideal noteriety. (Spelling?) They could spend a weekend with adoring fans going ga-ga over them, then leave and not be recognized on the street.

Cathe could be considered a celebrity within a very limited audience, meaning home exercisers only. Not even in the fitness industry--I've belonged to many, many health clubs & whenever I mention her to a trainer or staff member I get a blank stare. Not once have I talked to someone at the gym who knew who she was.

She doesn't seem to want celebrity status. As a previous poster mentioned, she's just a regular gal making a living, & is lucky enough to make a living doing something she loves. Other than that it seems to me she prefers to spend her time w/her family & Four Seasons friends rather than in front of a camera.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.