Is anyone doing the Jan/Feb/March STS/Shock Cardio rotation?

lina9496

Cathlete
Just wondering if anyone out there is doing the 3 1/2 month Jan/Feb/March STS/Shock Cardio rotation. I started last Monday and am on the 2nd week. I am loving it. I did 2 STS rotations already in the past year and would cheat on cardio days (like not do cardio). If we can keep each other motivated, I promise I won't skip any workouts. So far, I've kept my promise . . . even added an STS ab routine that wasn't scheduled.

Plan to, hope to!

Yes, I started 4 Janurary with STS, but "cheated" a bit on the Shock Cardio. Did my own picks last week. I WANT to do the rotation, but am afraid I'll never be able to do 40/20 HiiT. I haven't watched all the cardio DVDs yet, so don't know how those will go. I do have to modify several exercises, but I try. It's all tough but so much fun! Cathe is a wonderful leader/motivator!

Hey ladies. A couple (4) of us 50+ group check-in started this rotation last Monday -- Please feel free to join our check-in ((you don't Have to be 50+ to check-in) ;) We start a new thread weekly.

Yes, I'm doing the 3 1/2 mo rotation. As for the 40/20, I modified when needed & did as much as I could. Don't know if I'll ever get thru it but I figure I'll keep trying & do my best. It did keep my HR up there. Tomorrow I have the 30/30 on tap; so I'll see how that goes. Last time I did STS, did 6 mo. rotation. Looking forward to only 3 1/2 mos.

i started on Jan. 4th as well. I also could join the 50+ group as I'm 56 but I pretend to be ageless. :)
Colleen;)

I'm doing this rotation also. I modified some of the 40/20 but didn't do too aweful bad :D I was pretty pleased with myself lol :p Something to work towards :)

Yes, I started 4 Janurary with STS, but "cheated" a bit on the Shock Cardio. Did my own picks last week. I WANT to do the rotation, but am afraid I'll never be able to do 40/20 HiiT. I haven't watched all the cardio DVDs yet, so don't know how those will go. I do have to modify several exercises, but I try. It's all tough but so much fun! Cathe is a wonderful leader/motivator!

Never say never. I'm still working on the 30/30. For me it's been 20/40 for most of the exercises. When 40/20 comes up in the rotation, I'll do the best I can. That's all we can do. Betcha we will be able to do all the Cardio Shocks without modifying by the end. This is my 3rd time through STS and I was able to keep up with Cathe and crew without taking longer breaks like I did the first 2 times. The same thing should happen with Cardio. You can do it.

Started on January 4

I started this on January 4 as well. I hadn't previewed 40/20 so wasn't ready for that. I thought I was in good shape but it was very humbling :eek:. Before I did it I was disappointed that it was only 30 minutes, by the time it was over I was very very glad! I'm worried though because I've actually gained weight since starting this rotation :(. Just a couple of pounds, but it has me concerned. I assume it's because I had been doing at least some cardio 6 days a week, and other than the 40/20 the cardio I was doing was a lot more intense than what is included in this rotation. I'm going to try to be patient and see how it goes before I start subbing out some of the cardio workouts.

I'm doing this rotation as well. I've gained 1 lb since I started the program. But I'm not worried that much because I always gain some weights in the beginning when lifting heavy weight and then will loose it later on. The best measurement is how fit your clothes/pants are :)

I did 40/20 the first time last week and cheated quite a bit. It was tough and I just tried the best I could and hopefully my endurance will be better the next time I hit the workout ;)

I am doing the rotation and am loving it! I was going to repeat STS at the beginning of the year anyway and Cathe did a great job mixing up the cardiio.

I love 40/20 and of course I cheat on butt kicks.

30/30 is fantastic!

I can't wait to try the Pyramid.

I also love all the MMA workouts!

I'm doing this rotation, but I'm a week ahead, because I'd started STS the week earlier... so I am just doing the rotation as is, only I started week 2, not week 1.

I know what you mean about the HIIT, but I managed 40/20 easily (well, MORE easily) I found that double wave was the one that I nearly died on! I thought i'd never make it!!

Good luck to you all on the rotation :)

Thanks

I'm encouraged by you all though I KNOW I will modify 40/20 big time, but at least I intend to try to do it. I love 30/30! Second time I did it, just after Christmas, I ran through it twice, it was so much fun :D I modify it just a little, to stay safe.

This is my third time with STS, it's a super workout and I'm doing much better with it. Like one of you stated I don't need to "pause" as much. Pushups continue to be killers, I'm keeping up with the count and quantity now but still do them on my knees. I think I'm okay with that.

40/20

I did 40/20 last night for the second time, hard but love it!! Butt kicks are hard and the military push ups.....I am looking forward to the day that I can do those. I tried but they are hard. I am a newby to the STS program, just started on the 12th. My plan is to keep up with the 3 1/2 month rotation. If the programs weren't challenging they wouldn't be worth our time, right!? I look forward to exercising everyday now! I will be taking a two week break in February (no exercise at all). I am getting my spider veins fixed (second round) looks good so far....very excited. So this summer I will be tight and toned without the purple veins!!! I also previewed 30/30 and Pyramid on the HiiT DVD, they look good and challenging!
mhunt

doing the rotation

I have also completed the first two weeks of the rotation and love it! I am also in the 50+ category so have to modify some moves, but think the shock cardio is an excellent addition. I have done STS strength twice last year and found really remarkable results and hope to keep going with this. Never have had such difference with a program. Would love to keep in touch with this group, as I hit peaks and valleys all the time.
Thanks!

Doing 6 month rotation w/ Shock Cardio

I started January 2nd with this rotation...doing the 6 month, and repeating each week, cardio included. Might be kind of tedious, but hopefully the end results will be awesome! And repeating the weeks gives me another "chance"....:)

Hi

I started the rotation first week of Jan. so I am finishing Mesocycle 1 this week and then head to my recovery week. I have manged to do all the cardio workouts pretty well except MMA:Fusion, that is so tough.

I was looking for a thread to post to to keep me accountable so I very glad this one was started, I will help in any way I can.

I'm relieved to have completed 40/20 again

It seemed much better this time, probably because I knew what to expect. I event dreamt about it last night :eek: I did the butt kicks and the wide jumps on a lower bench because I only have 4 risers, but other than that it wasn't tooooo terrible. The one leg pikes in stability ball abs were another matter though....maybe someday.

Hi there!

I started Jan 11th and now into my 3rd week. Unfortunately on Sunday my back started to feel a bit iffy. I´ve continued to exercise as don´t think it is anything serious and I feel better afterwards though will skip back and tris tomorrow just to be on the safe side. I´m 50 and this will be my first time through STS as well. The cardio is difficult since prefer weights but I do the best I can just to keep the heart rate up! Already I feel as if I´ve more energy and I can actually walk my daughter to school uphill while singing!!! :D Could never do this before and I´m sure I´ve lost an inch or so as clothes feel better but will measure after 1 month.

All the best to everyone!

Jan - I may pop over to the 50 and overs. It´s just getting time to keep up with the posts that I find difficult!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.