Interval Training Audio Tape?

Malissa

Does anyone know of an interval training audio tape or cd that can be used with a treadmill or running or any type of cardio for that matter? Something where it maybe plays music and cues you when to increase your speed/incline or heart rate? Does such a thing exist? As I start out with interval training I find it hard to memorize how many mins I'm supposed to be doing at what rate of exertion, etc. Thanks! :)

Hi, Malissa! You may want to check out some of the companies, most of which are online, that market music specially produced for group fitness classes and exercise sessions; they organize their selections by mode of exercise, and you could probably come up with some choices that offer interval training.

Power Music (www.powermusic.com)

Dynamix

Muscle Mixes

(I'm sorry I don't know the website addresses for these last two, but I'm sure if you do a search-engine search you should find out the addresses quite quickly!)

There are many others, but these are three of the biggies.

Good luck!

Annette

I have two that I think came from Sports Music .. .

www.sportsmusic.com

THey have TONS of steady-tempo walking tapes, but the interval ones I have are for group fitness. There are different ratios like 3 1/2 minutes slow to 1 1/2 minutes fast. Or there are ones that are 4 minutes each. The blow a whistle when its about to change tempo.

Check out Kathy Smith's Lean Walk System. It consists of 3 audio tapes. The first is steady state walking. The second has aerobic intervals and the third has anaerobic intervals. There is music in the background, with Kathy coaching throughout most of them. I like them very much, although I'm not often a fan of Kathy Smith video workouts.
Freda

Thanks, Freda! I was wondering if any of the "fitness gurus" made tapes like this...I'll check it out! :-cool

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.