Intermittent Fasting....4th weigh in...

Mimi Spencer is the co-author, so, yes, same thing.

Malibugirl, curious about your amino acids. I did see that mentioned in some research. What do you drink that has it? It is so amazing how the pounds come off!

After you start this way of eating, a couple of things happen (well, to me anyways!)

First, you think how much food you put into your body when your body didn't really need that much! And second, I feel like there HAS to have been somebody SOMEWHERE who could have figured this out sooner and passed the word! Like, maybe, our surgeon General, physicians, etc. Why did I have to wait until I am in my 50's to learn all this?? Oh, wait, then I would have eaten LESS, spent less money, been healthier and not had to go to the Dr.....could almost make it a conspiracy theory! But I don't care! Just happy to have found it at all! And glad you all are enjoying and maybe learning with me!

Right now I am drinking Scivation-extend. However, I am going to change the brand I drink to Ammino Energy per the advice of the gal who introduced me to Intermittent fasting. I am doing a little bit different fast than you. I go 16-18 hours in between last meal and my next. Then I eat all my macros in 6-8 hours. I like it because I am a former anorexic/bulimic and I have tried eating six meals a day, hated it, three a day, none a day etc. This gives me some feeling of control of my eating which I find very important. Since I also like adult beverages, it allows me to have some and count them in my macros and still lose weight. I only have about 20 more pounds to what I want to be.

Please don't stop posting. I love seeing your progress!!!
You have converted me! I'm actually looking forward to fasting! I never thought id say that lol
Thank you!!

TDEE is the number of calories your body burns every day, just by living, moving, breathing, and all the processes that our bodies go through. The calculator also takes into account your age, height, weight, and what you tell it is your activity level.

Most, it seems, or average, is around 2000 calories for women. It will vary depending on factors listed above.

Some of us plug in the weight we are shooting for, then we don't have to recalculate as we lose.

So, say you have calculated your TDEE at 1500. Multiply times 7 for one week.
10,500 calories per week.
You are going to drop down to 500 calories 2 days a week, so subtract those:
9500 calories allowed for the other 5 days. You want an idea of how many calories to eat on non fast days, so divide 9500 by 5:
1900 calories per day.
Using these numbers, you will lose about a pound a week. If you want to lose more, subtract another 3000 calories (600 a day), to lose 2 lbs a week. Rarely does anyone go lower than that. To be sustainable, you can't limit yourself too much!

Now, the Fast Beach Diet, which is 6 weeks long, adds another fast day, plus adds the following: No alcohol, no treats, no bad carbs, more exercise (hiit). There is a forum thread specifically for that diet on the web site. So much info there!

Yesterday was a fast day for me, and my daughter took me out to eat! Yikes! But I did good. Just had a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side. I may have gone a bit over 500 but I didn't worry about it. I could have eaten normally and used another day for my fast day but I had done so good, and was in my size 10 skinny jeans, and wanted to keep it up (as well as setting a good example!) Even turned down ice cream afterwards! Woohoo!

Today is back to normal, my new normal! I feel so much better, and my belly is disappearing! Never thought I would see this day! And large chunks of fat and cellulite are missing from the back of my thighs! I don't feel like a sausage stuffed in pantyhose anymore!

Thanks for the information on TDEE....it makes more sense now. Not sure how to use it with doing the 16:8 type of fasting. Right now my calorie "goal" per day is 1500. When I record my calories burned in MFP, it adds those to my daily goal. I try to stay under that amount on those days.

You can still use tdee as a guideline. If yours is 1500, multiply by 7, then if you want to lose 1 lb a week, subtract 3500 from that and divide by 7. Eat that many calories in your 8 hour eating window.

Thanks, it says my TDEE is 1854 so to lose 1 pound a week I should be eating 1354 calories a day. Now does that stay the same even if you exercise and say, burn 250 calories that day? do you add those back in like MFP has you do?

No, your TDEE takes into account your exercise. Also, most people overestimate the amount or intensity of their exercise, so some people recommend downgrading your estimate to the level below where you think you are. You did figure it out correctly, though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.