Intermediate Rotation for March 2010

112toGuru

Cathlete
Just starting a new rotation today, hopefully that will turn into a series of rotations, throughout the rest of the year, or at least for the next few months.....;)

Linda's Intermediate Rotation for March 2010
(based on Cathe's official beginner rotation with intermediate substitutions)

week 1 Mon-Sun

LIC cardio Premix & PLB (upside only)
Off
LIC cardio premix & PUB (upside only)
Stretchmax 1
LIC cardio premix & Coremax 1
PUB & PLB (upsides only)
Stretchmax 1 & Coremax 1

week 2

LIC all
PLB all
LIC all
Stretchmax 1 & Coremax 1
1 hour TM or walk video & Stretchmax 1
PUB & PLB (upsides only) & Coremax 1
Stretchmax 2

week 3

Low Max (step combo premix)
Push Pull
Stretchmax 2 & Coremax 2
LIC all
Off
Push Pull

week 4

PLB all
LIC all
1 hour brisk walk & Coremax 2
Supersets
Stretchmax 2
Off

*I'll be using intermediate level weights, no risers on step, and specific premixes, as noted,
emphasis on increased intensity of step LIC premix, heavier weights & more sets of PLB/PUB
increased flexibility & core strength with stretchmax & coremax, plus added, impact & complexity of Lowmax step (without the intervals)

I welcome your thoughts,comments, or suggestions...:)
Thanks
Linda

Last edited:
Looks great Linda - good luck.

BTW - you asked about the difference between Body Fusion and LIC:

BF: 50 minutes, warm-up, three phases with cardio and sculpting (light weights), stretch
LIC: 80 minutes, warm-up, three phases with cardio, blast, lower and upper (weights, barbell, band), abs, stretch

I like BF to keep my heart rate up - it is almost really a cardio program for me. LIC is more of a total body workout. I don't feel my heart rate stays as consistent - but, the workout is tough!

Donna

only four days into this and I'm getting that fun factor again, like the beginner rotation when I first started last year, it's a step up and it certainly looks like it's going to work hips & thighs, just like Cathe's original, yippee!

I did the full PLB & PUB, instead of just the upsides, & felt it, that too reminded me of the Add ons, I think I liked this style of rotation, harder in the beginning of the week, easier at the end, just seems to work for me.:D

Linda

LIC, first time I did it the whole way through, easy to see this is going to be one of my favorites, :D

I use 15 pound bodybar, 5 lb DB, 3's for kickbacks, 5 lb. dumbbells for the overhead on the bench.

push ups, push ups, push ups, need I say more, no....do more!

single leg pikes & bananas, we're workin' on it!

Linda

Tomorrow will be 22 weeks of Cathe workouts including:

Cathe's Official Beginner Rotation
Basic Step, Body Fusion, Add ons, Low Impact Step, & Total Body Sculpting
Lowmax Step Combo Premix
LIC
LIC Cardio Premix
LIC Total Body Premix
Stretchmax
Coremax
PUB/PLB
Some TV versions from the Bodyblast, Hardcore, & Intensity Series

A few specialized DVDs, Walking, daily stretch, Abs, & Kickbox/Cardio

It's about 35 weeks since originally starting to get more active (July '09)

I've managed to lose 19.2 lb, total, so far, averaging just over .5 lb per week, bringing my weight loss & BMI within 1 lb. of what Wii Fit says is my ideal weight. I've lost inches, at the waist & hip especially, and feel like I've made some real progress towards my fitness goals.

It's due to the consistency of workouts, most weeks averaging 500* calories a day of calories burned, a mostly (read about 65-70%) good eating, healthy foods and normal portions, that includes, whole grains, fat free yogurt, berries, nuts & seeds, vegetables fresh & frozen, fresh fruit, lean meats, Eggs of course ( EB has free range brown BTW ) & soy products
*calories I count include stretching, abs, not just workouts, they're not all high calorie burning days.

In short, for the first time in a long time, maybe ever, I feel like I've achieved some control over my nutrition, weight, & fitness.

All achieved in what I feel is a high quality & economical way.:)

Linda
I don't think one little smilie does it here!...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Thanks Donna

I use to skip the stretching in the beginning, I'm glad to have stuck it out, turns out the stretching is getting me through, I can really tell when I don't, so I appreciate it more than I used too.

I don't think it's all that much fun really, just necessary for this old bod...:p

Thanks again

Linda

Last edited:
Down 3.3 lb. already this month, the combination of eating right, and the rotation is keeping me on track, and working better than I anticipated, although the weight loss averaged out before, I lost 4 pounds in January, 0 in February; losing this in March, I've reached another milestone.

I'm not sure I trust the scale anymore, 'cause that just doesn't happen?;)

So after this month, I'll take 2 weeks, learn the steps on a couple videos I'll use in the next monthly rotation, and get my weight numbers ready for the different strength videos, I can still go pretty light and get the benefit. Mostly 3's, 5's & 8's.

Actually looking forward to some new routines & can see now why some of you out there have every one!

Thanks for all the help, info, and encouragement, greatly appreciated!

Linda

Today is the last active day of my rotation, with Stretchmax 2

March review:

I weighed in everyday day of the month, this morning, total weighloss for March is 3.1 lbs.

I missed only one Coremax, & one Stretchmax from this rotation, & added pushups, & some situps (challenges) towards the end of the month.

Tried Low Max (1-4) Premix, once, this is still at the upper end of my ability, so in the future, I'll work up to it, (1-2), (1-2-3), (1-4), and so on. Likewise, with Imax 2, this will be included in a subsequent rotation.

Overall, loved the new stuff, push & pull, especially Supersets, & getting through all of Low Impact Circuit.

Ratings for January, February, March this year....3 1/2, 4, & and 5 for March, mostly for sticking to it!

Once again I'm just amazed at what you can do with this material! :D
Fireworks-01-june.gif
Fireworks-06-june.gif
Fireworks-02-june.gif

Linda
Stouffers vegetarian lasagna is kryptonite!

Last edited:
Hi LucyH!

I use Low Max step combo premix primarily in this rotation, I do not have a lot of info but if you want to sub, a low impact steady-state step of approx. 45 minutes, give or take your needs, I think Cardio hits- Power Max, but I am unsure of the level of impact...the choreography is a little more advanced in Low Max, if that's a consideration.

There may be others...(Step Jam, Step heat?...)

You may want to repost your question as a new thread in the the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forum, sorry couldn't be more help.

Linda:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.