Interesting research on high-fructose corn sweetener

i guess i'll have to stop drinking click-bummer.i use it as a pick me up during my -10 min break because it has expresso.i do not like coffee so this is a yummy sub.

laura

This is interesting, and it doesn't surprise me. But I have a question - I couldn't tell from the article if the rats gained the extra weight while consuming the exact same number of calories as the control group rats (implying that HFCS messes up your metabolism somehow), or if the rats were fed as much as they cared to eat (implying that HFSC increases your appetite). Either way, it sounds like bad stuff.

This is interesting, and it doesn't surprise me. But I have a question - I couldn't tell from the article if the rats gained the extra weight while consuming the exact same number of calories as the control group rats (implying that HFCS messes up your metabolism somehow), or if the rats were fed as much as they cared to eat (implying that HFSC increases your appetite). Either way, it sounds like bad stuff.

from the study:

"Rats with 12-h access to HFCS gained significantly more body weight than animals given equal access to 10% sucrose, even though they consumed the same number of total calories, but fewer calories from HFCS than sucrose..."

Thanks for the article and link! I used to "pooh pooh" this stuff, but started reading about it and realized there's real scientific evidence supporting the correlation between HFCS and obesity.

since i have been drinking my click drink i have lost wait because of insanity. my waist is 26.5 and i am only in the second week.i am not going to worry to much about it as long as i work out.it has 7 grams sugar in 2 scoops.

laura

Zippity, thank you for the clarification!

So as many have suspected, gaining/losing weight is not as simple as calories in/calories out.

My Mom lost about 30 pounds switching to just sugar from HFCS (eating pretty much what she felt like eating.) and she is naturally obese (sad, but true.) I'm fighting the same genes just with newer tools like Cathe and my hrm.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.