In celebration of being able to work out again....

wendymin72

Cathlete
I want to order another Cathe dvd. This is what I have so far...please offer suggestions on what I should get!

I have:
basic step and body fusion
intensity series w/o terminator dvd
body blast series w/o time saver dvd
ctx series
power hour dvd (which I haven't even had the chance to try yet! lol)
low max
stretch max
cardio kicks & circuit max (haven't tried cardio kicks yet either!)
cardio hits
pub/plb

I don't have any true goal in mind with my next purchase. I just want something new so if anyone has a fave work out that I don't have or just has an idea for a nice compliment to my collection, let me know! Thanks! :)

Wendy

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

Baby Joey born May 14, 2005 11:19 pm 7 pounds 12 oz 21 inches long.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

My suggestion is either the Pure Strength series or Slow and Heavy Series. I really like these two, and use the PS series in conjunction with the Pyramids and am finally seeing results.:)

Hope that helps you some!!:)

I too agree with Pure Strength. That is a great series.
My next vote is, PP/SS. There are a ton of Premixes on that DVD.

Susan C.M.

How about High Step Challenge? You don't have a high step workout yet, and HSC is the most fun of the bunch. The high step workouts offer interesting variety to a rotation.

ETA: you also don't have the Rhythmic Step+ dvd, which contains three awesome cardio workouts, if you think you want a real challenge. I understand the dvd is on backorder, though.

Sandra

I agree with the HSC. Or how about imax2. That one will get your stamina back quick! You may have to ease into it. I also agree with pp/ss for weight dvd. Good luck with youe decision!

Terri

Sandra,

Is HSC doable on the fanny lifter or do I need to buy the high step? I want to buy it but I'm not ready quite yet...

Wendy

I really like Imax 2, Kick Max, and KPC plus you get the great legs and glutes. That's a great leg work out. I'd like to bump your question as to the difference between S&H and PS.

Have fun getting back into it!:)

Dallas

Hey everyone...I have kpc/l&g, pp/ss and imax 2 as I have both the body blast and intensity series. I just don't have the "bonus" dvds from those series. Sorry, I guess I should not have been lazy (LOL) and typed out all of the dvds instead of just the series names. You all probably didn't even realize....oops, my bad.

Wendy:)

Oops, I just skimmed the list. Sorry. Hmm, I don't know what to offer then. You have quite the video collection though.

Hi Wendy,

I have no idea whether you can use the Fanny Lifter, as I've never even seen what that looks like. In HSC (and all the high step workouts), Cathe constantly alternates between different step heights: anywhere from one to five risers (so, 6 to 14 inches). Can the Fanny Lifter adjust quickly to different heights, and is it stable enough for jumping on? If so, then I would think it's useable.

PS and SH differ a lot in their technique, but both are designed to develop muscle strength. As such, you lift heavy in both series, but in PS the technique is quite traditional lifting. In SH, you do three sets of each exercise, 8 reps per set, on a very slow count (6 up, 2 down IIRC). She rests for one full minute between each set.

Personally I prefer SH over PS. I like how chatty Cathe is in SH, and because there is so much rest time, she spends a lot of time discussing technique. I find that the SH series works extremely well when paired with the Pyramids, to work each body part twice per week.

Hope this helps!
Sandra

The fanny lifter is quite flimsy compared to the high step so I am told...it also only adjusts between 2 heights...doesn't sound like a good alternative to the high step so I may wait on the high step work outs for now...

I just thought of something! I wanted a heartrate monitor and the omron fat analyzer...maybe I should purchase one of them instead and wait on a new dvd. After all, it's not like I don't have enough work outs to keep me busy for years! lol :p ... Yeah, I think that's what I'll do!

Now..the question is...which to buy...I'm thinking heart rate monitor first...what do you all think?

Wendy

Wendy -- what about buying a High Step? I used to have the Fanny Lifter, too, but it doesn't even come close to the quality/versatility of the High Step. You'd love it. You can get it with either 4 or 5 risers. Walmart.com has it for a great price. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.