Imax2 BlastMania Premix

RE: Kim - OT question..

Hi Tricia,

Actually, I think "Was that a sheep?" is a quote from Step Fit! Cathe says something that does actually sound like a sheep, and then she says "Was that a sheep?!"

I think..maybe I dreamed that. But I think I'm right!

:)

RE: Kim - OT question..

Hi Tricia and Wendy!

I'm sorry to answer this so late, but I just saw your posts today.

I need to credit Cathe for the "Was that a sheep?" quote! Wendy's right--it's from Step Fit. When I was doing the workout for the first time, I heard the part where Cathe laughs or says something in a funny way, and it kind of sounds like a sheep "baaaaaa-ing!" She realizes that it was a weird sound and says, "Was that a sheep?!" It really made me giggle and I had to go back and make sure she really said what I thought she did! I'm going to go and change my quote!

I like that idea Robin. I have the Imax1 on VHS and after making the Imax2 Blastmania tape I have seriously condsidered attempting to make one with Imax 1 too! I don't know if I would do the 2 of them together as I am trying less and more intense cardio and more weightlifting. Trying to shock this body...:)...Carole

Thanks everyone for reminding me of this workout. I'm doing Body For Life and I think it would make a great HIIT cardio workout. Can't wait to try it tomorrow!

Carole, I did my IMax 1 Blast yesterday as a HIIT session AFTER working my legs Freestyle. It took me a long time to get myself to do weight work FIRST, before cardio, as Freestyle suggests, but it sure does make a difference (those legs were shakin'!!). Have fun "making" your IMax 1 Blast ... it adds a little variety to cardio sessions (my dream is for Cathe to make a few more HIIT type workouts ... long slow(er) cardio workouts just don't do it for me anymore...)

Robin

Great suggestion! Thanks.
I did de this premix today after reading this post and it is a great shorter and very intense x( w/o to combine with a strength w/o (combined it with S&H triceps and biceps). I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for 30 min. workouts from one of the dvd-premixes?

I sure hope Cathe will make another CTX-like dvd-series again, love the sort but intense cardio!

Robin, it's funny but for not really any reason I have always done leg weight work before cardio especially running as I didn't have much strength for lifting after. I also got in some really good longer runs after a heavy leg weight workout. I have always loved long cardio but after doing HIIT this week...wow...I seem to have more strength doing weights. I do believe that the long cardio was actually breaking down my muscle. I will make my Imax1 blast probably next week, and I agree some more HIIT Cathe workouts would be cool!...:)...Carole

The boot camp premix for cardio and lower body is pretty intense like blast mania. I was so impressed with how I felt after blast mania I did the boot camp thing today and felt it was similar intensity. I really like doing this shorter and more intense cardio for a change. I think the CTx Step Intervals and Power Circuit are intense, as is Circuit Max (doing the first 30 minutes or so all out.)
Beth

What about BC Cardio only/SB Challenge only/Imax 2 Blasts 5,8, & 9...haven't done this but I think it would be a killer....}(

I did the Blastmania for the first time ever today - what a great workout - and Blast 9 still gets me every time! I enjoyed it so much and really feel that I've had a good cardio workout, despite the relatively short length of the workout. I hope Cathe produces workouts in the future that have a similar HIIT effect.

Josie:)

Another HIIT suggestion would be to do Imax1 and press the "next" button every time you get to the step section preceding a blast. It would then be like Imax2 BlastMania (Blast, Recovery, Blast, Recovery...).

You could also press "next" and omit the recoveries as A-Jock suggested. I don't know about you all, but I'm not there yet! A-Jock had some other good suggestions in the "Ask Cathe" forum: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=35382&mesg_id=35382&page=

I don't have the Terminator DVD. Would there be some good ones on that?

I agree, Liane, this is a great workout!! I did it this morning for the first time, followed by 3 ctx bodyparts. Loved it!
Deb :)

I'm definitely in the minority here!

I see that no one has surfaced on this thread who feels the way I do, so I'll chime in. After reading this thread I realized I'd never tried the BlastMania Premix for IMAX2, so I gave it a whirl, and I won't do it again.

Before you start flaming me, kids, let me tell ya why. ;-) IMAX2 is one of my very favorite workouts, even though it just slays me every time. I enjoyed the HIIT feeling about the premix, but I found myself feeling really annoyed that I was missing the "flow" of the as-is workout with all the great, smooth music transitions. I like that feeling of flowing, and I love the IMAX2 music. And, I really enjoy some of the pre-blast step segments (love those figure 8's, for example).

This experience made me realize why I use all sorts of strength and endurance premixes and homemade mixes all the tie, but I don't use the cardio premixes much at all or, really, mess around with the cardio workouts at all, except to do something like, say, combine the first half of IMAX1 and the second half of IMAX2, or stack two CTX cardios on top of each other.

Part of the reason for this is the fact that once I've nailed the choreography on a Cathe cardio (especially step), I don't look at the TV much at all, and I try to focus on listening to Cathe's cuing, maintaining my form and just kinda gliding through the flow of the workout. It's almost like a dance routine, you know -- and this is true, too, of those great kickbox combos that feel so rhythmic. I just love that sensation of really being in the groove of the movements.

With the weights work, on the other hand, I'm always facing the TV and my mirror, still checking my form but much less focused on the music -- which I enjoy, but don't really "get into" other than to use it to keep me on count. It's much easier for me to chop these workouts into enjoyable little segments that can each stand alone without me feeling any sense of, I dunno, "disconnect."

So -- I will have to find other innovative ways to introduce HIIT into my schedule, because I'm returning to my beloved as-is IMAX2, with deep respect for those premixes but no interest in them.

To each her own, right? ;-)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

RE: I'm definitely in the minority here!

That's one of the great things about Cathe's DVD's, especially the newer ones. You can do the workout as produced, you can mix and match, you can hit the "next" button, you can do a premix...the possibilities are endless. Something for everyone.:)

RE: I'm definitely in the minority here!

Kathy! Absolutely no flaming from me! HIIT is different for everyone. I am just starting myself...and I know every now and then I will do Imax1 and Imax2 in their entirety (sp). This is completely new to me and I am trying it out before I start rigorous marathon training, which will be more cardio and certainly not HIIT every day! As far as I am concerned...do whatever makes you feel good....:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.