IMAX 2 Substitute

stepitup

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I am in the middle of a rotation which calls for IMAX2, but I don't have this dvd. I have most of the HardCore and Body Blast Series, as well as the newer ones (4DS, Drill Max, Body Max 2 and Low Impact Circuit). I also have IMAX3, but it is a challenge for my knees. Any suggestions on what might be a good sub for IM2?

Thanks in advance!

Trish

Of the ones you have, Drill Max would be the best sub, IMO.
Also, you could do IMAX3 with modifications to make it more knee-friendly (not jumping OFF the step--step down--but still jumping onto the step).

If you have an exercise machine, like a bike or elliptical, you could also do the Imax 3 blasts on it while doing the step portions as usual.

And actually, I think the BM2 Cardio Blast premix would work better as a substitute. It has both lower and higher intensity segments, not quite like an Imax, but similar. Drill Max is a circuit workout that incorporates weights. If you do the cardio only premix, I think it would be more like an All Blast workout.

If your knees are an issue, you might try combining the cardio only premix of Low Impact Circuit and Low Intensity Step (from 4 Day Split). Both of these workouts have low impact blasts that will get the heartrate up, but be easier on the knees.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.