Imafitnessfreak/Sarah is running Boston today!!!!!!

I'm so glad that you posted, Laura!! That is AMAZING!!!!!!!! A 7:40 pace is hard enough for a 5K... but a full marathon!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy Cr@p! A 7:40 pace!?!? WOW! She is one amazing woman! Good for her!

You are awesome Sarah! Great job!

:+ :D :+ :D :+ :D :+ :D :+ :D :+ :D

*falls off chair*

I couldn't do a 7:40 pace if I was being chased by rabid hyenas!

Sarah, that's fantastic! We're SO PROUD of you!!! *sniff* :)

WOW!!!!! :eek: Shelly said it perfectly, if something was chasing me at that pace, I'm a gonner. :p INCREDIBLE!

Kathy

Fantastic pace and marathon finish Sarah!!!! You are amazing....:D...http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/EHwdgnxiqqBoist.gif[/img]

To our founding CHEETAH!!!WOW! WOW! WOW! You’re truly amazing Sarah!! A huge Congratulations to you! You really deserve a lot of kudos cuz I know you work so hard for this!!! WHOO HOOO!!

p.s. – lmao at limecat’s post…so true!

Thomasina

You guys!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!

I have received you e-mails and I appreciate them. I have been thinking of you every day and I want to get back to you in person. But upon returning from Boston, I have been so busy getting life back to normal! And I have so much to tell all of you!

I know I haven't been around much but I have a good excuse...I was training for Boston! Between coaching marathon training, preparing for my own marathon and taking care of the family...I have been busy! But as you can see from my list, I am busy with the most wonderful things in life!

Thanks Laura for posting the numbers and excluding personal information. This forum has creepy lurkers...I know because they e-mail me. I greatly appreciate you informing everyone how I did discretely.

I will post more details later but yes...it went really well as you can see from my time. I felt strong the whole way, holding back until Mile 19 or so. I am even more thrilled with my splits...the 1st half took 1:40:25 and the 2nd half took 1:40:38 but the 2nd half had all the hills, including the infamous Heart Break Hill. So to be able to keep pace through the tougher half is the biggest thrill for me.

We went to the Women's Olympic Trials the day before. The course was a few blocks from our hotel. The course was basically a loop so we saw the Super Women run by 4x or so. That was incredible!

I feel honored to have been part of such a famous and historic race! I am proud to say I worked really hard and it was more than worth it! I am looking forward to starting back up in about 4 weeks...after I follow a smart and well deserved Recovery Plan.

Thank You All! It is so sweet of you to think of me, even when I have been out running and not as active on the forum! You are good people!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.