Im training for a half marathon. Ideas Pls

rapidbreath....foam rolling is very awesome....u can really target a specific area of ur body that may be tight or sore with a foam roller and get pretty deep into that mucscle if that's what u need....and u can also use for some exercises also to make them more difficult.....it's a really nice addition to have.....they have them at just about any store that sells fitness stuff:)

ITA...I use it especially for my IT bands when they get sore. It's the only thing that will work it good. It hurts sometimes but it's a good hurt.

Tell me more about this foam roller stuff.

Tia,

Alisha

I’ll tell you about my experience with the foam roller. Best. Purchase. Ever. This is something you can use to self-massage, since most of us can’t necessarily go get a massage after every run. :) Use before or after your runs, or both. I also use it on my IT band area if my hip is feeling sore post-run.

I always roll (quads, IT, calves, glutes, hamstrings) after long runs and it helps alleviate the discomfort of soreness, achiness, or general tightness. I roll hard and I won’t lie, it hurts while I’m doing it but it is SO WORTH IT when I’m done. I can only describe it as a feeling of release.

Be sure to roll on the muscles only, not on the joints, and you will be surprised at the results you can get from such a simple tool.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.