I'm benching 65#'s from doing STS

janiejoey

Cathlete
Here is a photo of me (61 years old) bench pressing 65#'s. Man am I Grey and wrinkled, but hey, I'm healthy and happy. Wish sometimes we wouldn't age, but that's life. It's hard for me to grow old, but doing the STS program really gives me back my self esteem. My goal is lifting much more and I will get there. Because of STS, Cathe and all of you, my motivation is rocketing! Thank you so much.

401990106.jpg

Janie

Last edited:
Wow...fantastic! You're an inspiration! Keep going and let us know how you're progressing. :)

What an awesome picture. I am 58 and I can only bench press 42 pounds. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress. It's people like you and this forum that keep me motivated.

Jean

That is awesome! Getting older is definitely not for the faint of heart! I am 47 and see the gray hair sprouting out from my color-weave job in my hair more and more!

You are an inspiration to keep on going with exercise.

Nicely done Janie. Doesn't progress feel amazing?! You should be very proud of yourself. How is the bodybuilding diet going along with your strength gains? I am thinking of taking the plunge with you - and training for a bodybuilding contest. YIKES!!! Keep going strong my dear.

I'll be 56 in November and I think you look fabulous! What a great accomplishment! Thanks for sharing your photo.

WOW!!! I'll be starting STS on the 18th and will use that image of you for motivation!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! Based on the interest and responses your post has generated, I'd say you've started a Gray Liberation Movement!!!!:eek:

I sometimes have the same thoughts about growing older....wishing my hair was not turning gray and that my skin was not getting wrinkly. But then I remind myself what the alternative to aging is and I'm OK with it.

Thanks for posting your success. It provides inspiration, for sure!!!!

What an inspiration. :) I just started STS and look forward to the improvements that will come over the next 6 months.

Lifting weights IS the fountain of youth, and I love the strength and the look of definition it gives. I'll take muscles any day over fitting into a pair of skinny jeans!

Way to rock the weights Janie!

P.S. Cathe if you are reading this...please think about STS Volume 2...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.