I'll be passing on these new DVD's

RE: Yay Olivia!

Theresa, I am luckily co-ordinated and pick up things after 20 times (LOL), but i have trouble sleeping too. Never heard of melotin. My problem with cardio is I run out of puff! I never used to have this problem. However, going back to STS, I don't really think that the cardio is going to be a problem! It weightt raininf which I have no troubles with, but, I don't think its for me as I want to go heavy but unable to due to no-one available to spot me in case something goes wrong. Modifying just isn't for me unless its due to injury, but a lot of gals are looking at the blog photos and are already planning to modify and it would appear theres possibly a great deal of modifying going on and doesn't that defeat the purpose of the STS? I know some exercises yes, modify of course, but many many exercises?

And I think that was Olivias point in the beginning of the thread. She felt that maybe this series may be a bit too advanced and I applauded her in knowing her limitations. Olivia, how do you go in general weighttraining at home? Does it work for you? Do you enjoy it? Are you getting out of it what you believe you should get out of it?

I am only trying to be practical, and when we reach a certain age, we do need to consider things. I love love Cathe and her workouts, some not so much as others but I havn't found one I really don't like. BUT I know my limitations and I won't spend money when it doesn't need to be spent. (Mind you its taken me many many many years to learn this, and at times the credit card gets used way too many times ) :)

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

This is true I did feel that this series would be too advanced because I’m not strong enough to do the core workouts like Cathe and I don’t like plyometrics & tugs etc…

When I write about modifying I’m talking about weight training or cardio beyond my own capabilities with exercises such as mentioned above. Also in passed video’s Cathe does a lot of leg squats & lunges if I’m only strong enough to do 15 instead of 24 this is were I’ll be modifying.

After listening to the educated crowd and such support and encouragement they gave me, it made me take a look again and I realized that yes, I don’t have to be scared and push, push myself till I begin to hate doing the workouts, I can modify at the difficult parts. I know that these workouts will have a lot of good in them for me, because Cathe is really very good at what she does, you can trust her weight workouts to be extremely safe, with good form pointers and she really knows how to get the job done...
I know you know that already!;-)

So with all this in mind and after doing Cathe since the beginning I preordered. I do enjoy weight work and have gotten results in the passed especially when I combine it with good eating habits and cardio.

Hope this answers your question…’why modify’?:)

Olivia

Olivia,

Yes that Miss Cathe is pretty darn great! Shes my age, looks about, 25, and she is so very fit.

I can never get my thoughts across when I'm writing, I sometimes say it all wrong and I think maybe I've done it again. I totally agree with modifying. And this relates not just you, but many many others, (not necessarily on this thread) who appear to be modifying nearly every exercise. I am lucky, I dont need to modify weight training, I do however sometimes have to slow down and watch my pace in the cardio (I go far too hard) I can't do the weights as heavy as I would like. As explained in an earlier post. And yes, sometimes my legs scream out in pain when lunging, or my calves are very painful, and I have no choice then but to stop.

But, if you are going to be out of your depth with some exercises, take it very very easy. Don't push yourselves too far. Everyone has had prior warning about STS, SNM have been great in keeping us up to speed and educating us. And really how could one not like a cathe DVD BUT this one is a bit different.

But in all honesty, it really has nothing to with me or anyone else. Each and every person who is trying to get fitter, and look after themselves (no matter how they do it) are fan- bloody-tastic!

Andrea

Just FYI - Good nutrition plays a huge role in joints, well-being, tiredness, etc. P.S. Fish oil is really great for joints.

YAY!!! i am so glad to find some over 50's here. i am 53 and do some of cathe, i love her workouts, but like ya'll the ole joints and feet can't take it. i would like to know how she does it. when did she have an injury? i didn't know that. but, how on earth can she do those super tough hi-impact cardio and not. i love it, but i just cannot do it anymore.

however, i too am excited about STS, cuz i love going heavy w/weights and i can't wait to see what my max is. i am thinking that as i get older, it is gonna have to be less cardio and more weights. what do ya'll think? i don't want to give it up, but, man, my body can only take so much. and i feel like such a wimp if i don't do everything they do on the dvd's. i'm a weirdo. i don't like to modify.x(

cathy

RE: Jacque and Netta!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

yeah baby!!!!!! another cathy s. here from 1955

RE: Yay Olivia!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.
wow theresa, i have asked this question so many times on different forums and not really had a good answer. i am 53 and i am ALWAYS tired. have been for years now. my dr. can't find anything wrong and tells me he wishes his other patients are as healthy as me. but, that doesn't make me feel any less tired. :p i will say, though, i am in way better shape than any of my friends and most of them are younger than me, some 10 yrs younger. i am very active outside on top of my workouts too. i have horses and give lessons and work for my equine vet, so i do have alot going on. i just have always been such a high energy person and it is so hard to slow down. but , i have to, my body just won't take it anymore.
cathy

Hey everybody! Good morning to anyone who is on here now!

I did start taking fish oil supplements along with all the other supplements I have been taking. I noticed a difference this past weekend that I was not as tired and worn down as usual. Hopefully the supplements are helping. I also bought something called Emergen-C which come in packets that you mix in water. It has 1,000 mg of Vitamin C along with a list of other minerals and B vitamins. It is supposed to be an energy booster. I do feel better but it may all be in my head!!! hahahaha I am really hoping to get back my energy to do my cardio workouts 5-6 days a week instead of 2-3. Lifting isn't a problem although the other day I noticed when doing chest I had to drop down a few pounds because I thought I was going to drop the weight on myself. that was the first time that every happened. but, like I said hopefully with all the stuff I'm taking that won't happen again!!!!
Hope all you great ladies have a good day
gotta get back to work!!

:)

Well, I'm going to pipe in on this long post. Olivia, there is nothing wrong with your decision. I'm only 43 and love working out, but this program I decided a while back I wouldn't invest in. I love Cathe and will look forward to many of her future workouts, but I just don't feel this one is for me. It's not like I have everyone of her workouts as it is, but I do have most.

I've also already invested so much over the past few years in weight equipment, steps and other gear. This program seems to require more equipment and I live in a small two bedroom condo where I have to adjust my living room everyday to a gym to workout then back again. I do not have the room to store large equipment.

I'm very happy Cathe is taking the notch higher for everyone and that she has put so much effort into this program. She is totally dedicated to her fitness life and she inspires me 110% and will always continue to inspire me.

Again, I will look forward to her future workouts, in the meantime, I'm on my way down stairs to do Low Impact Circuit. Her current DVD's are still great and continue to challenge me.

Hi all...I just wanted all of you to know, it doesn't matter what age you are...its only a number....I'm 59 yrs young, I'll be 60 this November, I DO all Cathe's DVDS (and others) and I ordered the STS....I'm stronger NOW then I was in my 20's....Exercise and watching what you eat is a MARRIAGE and is for LIFE....so don't miss out on this or other harder stuff....it will only make you younger, stronger and most important, HEALTHIER......love to you all.....have a great day!!!

Loretta

Okay. You are now my idol. I wanna be like you when I grow up. I'm 41 and sometimes I feel like I can't do stuff but it feels great when I am able to do something that I didn't think I could!!! STS is going to be super intense but I can't wait. I am totally up for the challenge!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
:)

Theresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.