If you belong to a gym, is it closed today?

nancy324

Cathlete
I'm wondering if it's typical for health clubs to be closed on holidays? If you belong to one, does it close on holidays? Is your health club closed today?

I belong to a health club where I live, so on days off I have more time to go. I know I should join one where I work, but I can rarely leave the office during the day long enough to actually make use of it. At least I use the one at home when I'm here. But not if they're CLOSED. x( x(

Mine is open. I do know they don't run the day care facility on holidays and some classes may not be as scheduled, ie 5:00am spin classes.

Sorry to hear yours is closed:-(

Kara

I can understand not having the daycare, and even canceling classes. But all I do is use the treadmill, and I can't even do that. x(

ETA: And I don't even want to tell you what I pay for this place that isn't open when I'm home! x(

I belong to the YMCA and they are open 7am - 1pm today. No classes or childcare, but the fitness room, pool and gym are available to use.

Erica

I belong to Lifetime Fitness, and it would stay open during a nuclear holocaust. Reduced GF schedule, however.

A-Jock

My gym is open today. Heck, my gym is open on New Years, Christmas, etc. It's operating on reduced hours, and has fewer classes, but it's open. I can see a major holiday like Christmas or New Years, but honestly, I'd be a little peeved if it were closed on Memorial Day. Sorry to hear it Nancy.

My gym is open every major holiday from 7am to 11am. There are no classes and no babysitting services but yes, atleast it's open for a little while. :)

I belong to Bally's Total Fitness. We have limited hours 6am-6pm and limited classes. I did a 9:30am spinning class. There was also a Kwandoflex (kickboxing with weight intervals) too but Spinning tired me out and Im doing a hard work out 2morrow so it didn't seem right to be in pain. Point being, yes my gym is open and I got my work out in

Hi Nancy,
The club where I teach is closed today. They have had people complain about the reduced holiday hours and canceled fitness classes, but the problem is that when they have caved to the pressure the club and classes are so weakly populated that the club (supposedly) loses money.

Personally, I think they don't want to pay the desk workers to read magazines during the snooze fest. Just a hunch though...Oh well, good luck with your complaint.

Yes our local gym is closed:( So, since I couldn't workout, I just ate more (I know it doesn't make sense but that's what I did with my extra time:p )

My local YMCA was closed today, they had signs up all last week to let everyone know.

Sorry you couldn't make it to the gym! I got in a good bike ride instead!

I belong to New York Sports Club. The only days they close are Tgiving & Xmas. Open every other holiday of the year.

My gym was not only open, but it was pretty busy. We belong to a 24 Hour Fitness. I was surprised. DH and I went around 6:30ish in the evening.

We used to belong to a much smaller local gym that always had very odd, very short hours on holidays. I always found that extremely annoying, because I love using a holiday to get in a tough workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.