idle babble about exercise

Marcia

I just got to thinking about when I started exercising about 4 years ago. My first two tapes were Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout and Jane Fonda's Original Workout. I remember thinking how hard they were and that only fanatics exercised more than 3 times a week. I then discovered the reviews on videofitness. Wow! Were there really so many tapes and intructors? I happened upon Kathy Smith's Power Step and Workout on sale really cheap. So I started stepping and expanded my tape library but after reading the reviews I thought, "I'll never do any of Cathe's tapes! Those are for fanatics!" But the tapes got to be too easy, so I bought Step Max. Then 3 times a week became 4 and I started strength training but only a little because only fanatics own a barbell. I laugh at myself now. I own a barbell. lots of tapes and am doing the CTX rotation right now. It is so funny to me to see how my definition of "fanatic" has constantly shifted. I'm still not a fanatic!! But try telling that to my family!!

Thanks for reading my babble, fellow "fanatics!"

Have a great exercise day!

Marcia

Hi Marcia!

There is just something about having a barbell that makes one feel sooo official, don't ya' think? I don't consider your post babble at all. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It feels sooo good!! :D Thanks for sharing with us. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi Marcia,

I loved your post. That is too funny! I never dreamed in a million years that I would be the owner of a barbell. I have probably become what some people would call fanatic. Not because I work out too much because I still only exercise around 4 days a week (sometimes 5). But because I have bought around 12 Cathe videos PLUS CTX in the last 8 months. My husband just officially complained about it just this week. I must say that he does have a good point. I have gone overboard. He did admit however, that this was less expensive than a gym membership, not to mention my tapes should last much longer than a membership. Also, there's no babysitting dilemna. Last night, my 4 year old practically did Cardio Kicks with me. We had a blast. Sometimes he will actually ask to watch the "kick" movie.

Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 have been tossed aside!

Have a great weekend.

Lisa

Gee Marcia, I can relate to your whole progression. I just got a barbell the other day and felt very 'official" about it.

It is great to have someplace to talk about things like this. My husband has started to go to a gym but he doesn't seem to want to work out to videos. He says he is too uncoordinated.

How I look and how I feel inside sometimes are very different. Seeing me standing in the check out line with my barbell and plates, you would never know I could leap buildings at a single bound!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.