I tried this short & intense leg workout

Gayle

Cathlete
...and, boy is my butt feeling it!

I found this workout on Crossfit.com, named "Leg Day". The workout itself is three rounds, done for time, of:

100 ft of walking lunges (bodyweight only) - I did 70 lunges per round
50 squats (bodyweight only)
25 back extensions

There's a video of it here: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_LegDayWOD.wmv

I did it this morning with a P90X style warmup to start with, and added a 20 min iCycle and a stretch at the end. I did this at the gym and had access to the back extension apparatus, but a swiss ball version of the back extension could easily be subbed...or even hamstring rollouts on the ball.

OMG that looks so cool. But it also looks like it will make someone puke......

I think I'm going to try this tomorrow.:D

Haydee

OMG that looks so cool. But it also looks like it will make someone puke......

I think I'm going to try this tomorrow.

Only on Cathe's forum would you see a reply like this! LOL:) :) }(
LD

LOL! A logo (or character) that I see from time to time on the Crossfit sites is a deranged looking puking clown. :7

I just wanted to pull this up again. My friend who is in Police work was telling me about this website. It just kills me to watch them.

How did you measure 100 feet?How many lunges is that? One lunge being completed on each leg? This may be a stupid question, but I like the sound of that leg workout, no weights.

Why can't I view this video? I have clicked the link several times and it won't come up. I went to the site and couldn't find it either. Can you give me direction on finding it on their site? I'm really curious!

I don't know why this isn't working for you two? I just tried playing it and it worked fine. I will check crossfit.com and see if I can find it there for you.

I did this workout last evening and can REALLY feel it today, and I'm used to doing pretty hard and heavy leg workouts. I took a bit longer than the women in the video did to complete the 3 rounds but I could feel it immediately. It's a really good change of pace and great for someone with no equipment on while on vacation.

Karen

Hi tneah,

I measured off 100 paces in my driveway and used that. I misread the workout the first time I did it and did 100 METERS of walking lunges, estimating that 1 pace was about 1 meter. I think it came out to around 80 lunges per round.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.