I need some ideas for small meals

l_fam

Cathlete
I'm compiling a list of small meals to share with my group exercise participants. I need lots of ideas, so please post some of your ideas. Here is a sample:

Breakfast:
whole wheat toast (2 slices), scrambled egg-beaters
apple, orange, banana, or some type of fruit

Snack:
apple & string cheese

Lunch:
spring salad mix with chunks of chicken, light dressing
green beans, broccoli, or brussel sprouts
some type of fruit

Snack:
low-fat triscuits (7) and natural peanut butter (2 T.)

Dinner:
Grilled chicken, fish or some type of lean meat
salad with light dressing, green vegetables
sweet potato or brown rice

Snack:
yogurt, smoothie, fruit, sugar-free jello or sugar-free, fat-free pudding

Thanks!

Linda:7

Try some cottage cheese with the fruit already in for a snack. It's high protein & sweet, like a snack. You can eat 1/2 cup & get 11 grams of protein & only 110 calories (for cheese & pineapple) just like that!

I like:

an apple w/ peanut butter

slice of soy cheese on rosemary cracker (or other cracker that doesn't have "bad" stuff in it)

in a pinch, Amy's and Cascadian Farms have great frozen items
that make a nice small meal

I like to use 1/2 cup Fat Free cottage cheese mixed with a 6oz size of yogurt.
I also like tuna mixed with sweet and sour sauce(Kraft) and some small carrots or broccoli. My brother who's an advanced body builder used to eat the sweet and sour tuna all the time. At first I thought Yuck! But,it is good! I also like it on some whole wheat toast with maybe cheese on top.
Healthy eating! Susan

I like mini whole wheat pitas with 2 TBSP of canned diced tomatoes and an oz. of Montery Jack shredded cheese baked in the toaster oven. Sometimes I put veggies on it and sometimes a couple of pieces of chopped pepperoni.

Donna M

Whole wheat tortilla wrap
1 can of tuna
Mustard and soy or canola mayo

1 cup oatmeal (I like steel cut oats best)
1 scoop protein powder
Flax seeds or almonds
1/2 banana

1 or 2 cups Kashi
1 scoop Protein powder
Milk (soy for me)
1/2 Banana or strawberries
Piece of rye toast with peanut butter

Celery and no sugar peanut butter (raisins too if you like them)

Green pepper, hollowed out and stuffed with:
Ground turkey
No sugar spaghetti sauce or ketchup

No crust quiche
Just bake 12 eggwhites, 1 C spinach, 1/3 C milk, 1/2 C onion in 9 x9 pan for about 35 min. Makes 4 pieces
Have each piece with rye toast, p.b. and no sugar jam or low fat/low sodium ham or bacon and a piece of fruit. Delicious!
Onion
Brown rice or bulgar
Apple or other piece of fruit

Vegie burger with green chile, lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese or avocado; plus oven fries or cottage cheese.

Instant enchiladas with 1-2 corn or ww tortillas, a low fat canned sauce, cheese or non-cheese, turkey or chicken, chiles. Stack or roll the ingredients and microwave till bubbly.

Handful of raw nuts, big piece of fruit, vegie sticks with tofu dip.

Plate of beans and brown rice with cheese, non-cheese, salsa, chiles.

Non-fat yogurt with fruit and low-fat granola.

Marinated, baked tofu with steamed broccoli and brown rice or soba noodles.

Burrito with ww tortilla, brown rice, sauteed vegies, cheese or non-cheese, and beans.

Better stop now, getting hungry....

--Ann

WOW!!!! You guys are some serious healthy eaters. That is so awesome. I am trying to get to the point that you are...it is a long road at times though. Anywho. I like an apple with natural crunchie peanut butter. I also love cottage cheese with raspberry flavored peaches on them. One of my favorite lunches is a Boca Cheeseburger with a slice of melted fat free cheese, onion and pickles. My favorite breakfast is a slice of toast with natural peanut butter (crunchie) and some honey on it. I love grapefruit with a little brown sugar on it...it is also great broiled a bit.

Healthy Eating

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.