I kissed a girl....

There are two completely different songs with those exact same words. I heard a new one just the other day and the "old" one came out only about two years ago. When I heard the new one I thought 'Uh oh. The writer of the first one is really going to be pi**ed.' It just reinforced in me the idea that this new generation has no originality. All their songs are the same.

I had the same reaction you did to that song. It does have a good beat and is catchy but I was definitely rolling my eyes...

Oh Allie. Oh dear. Well, I guess you can still be my friend:p

SSW - is the original as annoying as the new one? I don't agree about all the new music being the same. Unfortunately, the stuff that gets the mega-airplay IS all the same and the good stuff is left to those of us who bother to look for it.;)

reason why I don't care to listen to the radio much. My ipod is plugged in all the time to all the eclectic type of music, Low Rawls, Norah Jones, Alanis Morissette, Loreena McKennitt , Radio Head etc.

In her dreams. Great beat.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Also try Ben's Brother band. Great music also, no eye rolling.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

OMG, that song is driving me crazy. My daughter is 12 and she loves the song. I agree it's got a catchy beat, but I ended up prohibiting my daughter from playing it again, lol.

Boy am I out of touch. Here I thought our Shelley was switching teams.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......;-)

>Boy am I out of touch. Here I thought our Shelley was
>switching teams.
>
>Not that there's anything wrong with that.......;-)

Lol, yeah I felt kind of naughty for opening the post! ;)

Crap, and I thought there was an extremely juicy story here involving too much alcohol and truth or dare.;)

Of course if you had Sirius radio, you could listen to the ABBA channel 7/24. I thought it was cool at first but how can you make 9 albums last 7/24 for a month? I've heard dancing queen in 3 languages now.

Shelley -- I think you just wanted to get a reaction from us with that subject line, you tricky girl! And lots of us fell for it. My DDs like that song; as a good and prudish mom, I have to refuse to listen to it; therefore, I don't think I've heard it all the way through. :)

Dave -- I'm going to see *Mamma Mia* on Friday -- by myself if I have to -- but seriously, Abba 24/7???

I hate that song. It is, by far, THE MOST ANNOYING thing ever created. (And stuff like that doesn't usually bother me!) Seriously, who cares? And what music exec heard it and didn't ask that him/herself? I'm incredulous.

My ten year old daughter is totally put off by it, which cracks me up a little. She says it's "somewhat offensive."

Jen

Kristi,

We're going to try and see "Mamma Mia" this Friday, too! But I'm afraid of having "Dancing Queen" stuck in my head all weekend:7

Shelley, I'm with you. Believe it or not, I just heard this song last week, and found it incredibly annoying!

Laura

Good gawd am I outta touch or what? I had no clue what Shelley was talking about. sigh... But I think I'll stick to my oldies radio station I'm listening to anyway. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.