I just completed MMA boxing AND the bonus bag segment!

Denise R

Cathlete
Can we say "instant love"?!?! I burned 529 calories according to my bodybugg and that includes the core section and stretch. Plus this was mostly a mixed impact workout--the only "high impact" segments were involving the leg drills. I got every combo right off the bat and I really liked having Mark in the workout. I did the bonus bag combo section first and then started the boxing workout from the warmup through the cooldown. I feel great!

It was just the ticket to burn off a few extra calories before heading off to my sisters tonight for Christmas Eve dinner!! :D

Denise

I did the MMA boxing DVD this morning, too. I thought it was a great workout for the arms and the core. I used 1# wrist weights. I was contemplating doing the bonus bag work.

Denise, so how was the bonus bag work? How long was it? I might try to do that one tomorrow!

Cheryl

I did that one this morning, too, but no bonus bag, as I don't have one. I was going to do it w/out, but I needed to scoot out of the house to the Dr. Fun Stuffs!!!

Nan

I did the MMA boxing DVD this morning, too. I thought it was a great workout for the arms and the core. I used 1# wrist weights. I was contemplating doing the bonus bag work.

Denise, so how was the bonus bag work? How long was it? I might try to do that one tomorrow!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I believe the bonus bag workout was about 20 minutes and it was really fun. I enjoyed doing the jump backs with my gloves on! I was sweating by the end so I'd say it is a nice quick cardio fix. I really am enjoying my new hanging bag and gloves.....

Denise

Denise -- I did both of these workouts today, too. I added the heavy bag workout to the end. I really enjoyed both workouts. It was actually "fun" and the time flew by, especially in the MMA boxing.

Now I need to decide what to try tomorrow!

Michelle

Oh my, I woke up this morning and I'm so sore! My arms, upper back and core are screaming at me ;)! I'm gonna love these workouts!!!!

Oh my, I woke up this morning and I'm so sore! My arms, upper back and core are screaming at me ;)! I'm gonna love these workouts!!!!

i did this one this morning and while i was doing afternoon shopping and i felt it in my lats and a bit in my shoulders. a little in the core but i am sure i feel it tomorrow.

i was just impressed with the mix especially the leg drills. its defiantly something new to the table. even my south beach box dvd doesn't have these unique blend of combos and tempos.

kassia

I did the Bonus Bag workout today after Athletic Step.

I have a Everlast neoprene hanging bag (I believe it's 55 pounds or there about). I got it at Sport Authority for around $50.

Anyway, I LOVED this workout! I want to do it every day! :D

It was under 20 minutes and it was so much fun that it felt even shorter than that. I was wiped from Athletic Step but the fun factor of the bonus bag workout, gave me that second wind.

My favorite parts were the leg drills. I loved the roundhouse kicks into the bag and especially the knees drills into the bag. Man that was a blast!

We'll see how I feel in the morning...

Gee now I want Cathe to make more heavy bag workouts. :p

Love, love, love the Bonus Bag workout!! What a way to break a sweat in a little under 20 minutes!!! I got a freestanding Century Wavemaster training bag before Christmas at Sears for $89. Hubby wouldn't let me use it until the 25th since it was one of my gifts. :D Used it for the first time yesterday and I'm in love. I agree that Cathe now needs to do more bag workouts. I was having so much fun that I added a bunch more punches at the end just for the heck of it.

I'm loving this series...

Can this workout be done w/o a heavy bag? I previewed the clip and I might try it with my Cathe weighted gloves. Hubby won't let me get a bag. I have very bad hands (repetitive work injury) and I complain about my hands all the time so no bag for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.