I HATE this stupid timechange!!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
This ridiculous time change throws such a huge wrench into my schedule every year. The other mom's I talk to have the same issues... it's amazing how one hour can make SUCH a difference. You folks in AZ have the right idea. Don't mess with our 24 hour days!

Okay, I just had to get that off my chest.

Pam

I agree whole-heartily!!! My son developed diabetes at 9 months old, (he's now in mid 20's). The time changed wrecked havoc on the timing of his insulin shots. His blood sugars were difficult to control in the first place so changing the time he had to nurse and eat just complicated everything. Peggy

I hate it when we 'spring forward': I usuallly drag for about a week afterwards. Luckily this year, it fell at the beginning of our spring break, so I just turned off my alarm, and am letting myself get up naturally, hoping that I'll make the transition by the end of the week.

I do like 'falling back," though. Gaining an extra hour is much less of a problem than losing one.

I'm wondering if the transition would be easier if one made sure to get outside ASAP in the morning, to help the body's internal clock reset, just like one does to lessen the effects of jet lag?

I'm another one that absolutely HATES it!!!!!!! There have been some years I never got use to it. I wish they would just leave the time alone!!!!

Cheryl

Well, I guess I'm in the minority so far. I absolutely LOVE springing forward as it adds more light to the day and you feel like being out more. When the clocks initially go back and it gets dark around 4:30 or 5pm, it feels like night has already hit and you should be at home. I'd be up for leaving the time the way it is now forever! Luckily, I don't have any problems adjusting to either time change. I've been counting the days for this time change for about a month and I'm sooooooo happy it's here! Now I can go out for walks at night! Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!! :D

Bam

I also say leave it alone. I also must be in the minority because I feel much better springing forward. I got up this morning before my alarm clock and I feel great today. When we fall back, I tend to go to bed too early and wake up more in the middle of the night. When I go to bed a little later, my sleep tends to be uninterrupted. The older I get, it seems when we fall back it takes so long for my body to get readjusted, I feel like I'm counting the days until we spring forward again.

Marcy

Well, I guess I'm in the minority so far. I absolutely LOVE springing forward as it adds more light to the day and you feel like being out more. When the clocks initially go back and it gets dark around 4:30 or 5pm, it feels like night has already hit and you should be at home. I'd be up for leaving the time the way it is now forever! Luckily, I don't have any problems adjusting to either time change. I've been counting the days for this time change for about a month and I'm sooooooo happy it's here! Now I can go out for walks at night! Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!! :D

Bam

I agree with you. I love that it stays lighter out longer. The only part I don't like about springing foward, is losing an hour of sleep that night. :p

I have a circadian rhythm disorder and this time change really does me in. It takes me weeks to get back to normal no matter what I do. I say we leave the time where it is now with so much light in the evening and be done with it. I don't know of anyone who likes having an hour less light in the evening. Think we could ever get that passed?

Hate cuz you LOSE an hour of daylight in the morning!!

The time changes too soon. If we have to do it, it should at least not start till the end of April. Sure you don't have to turn your lights on till an hour later in the evening, but you have to turn them on an hour earlier in the morning! It was way too dark this morning! Do the powers that be think people get to sleep till 8:00am?

This has been bugging me for a week and I get to vent here, Thanks!!

I cannot relate as Az doesn't change, I think it makes no sense either and the fact that they start later and end earlier now makes no sense to me either :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.