I feel so out of shape...

LastTango

Cathlete
I got my new dvds just in time for my workout today. I decided to do the Afterburn express mix (1-10) to start out. Now, I've been on vacation for the last 10 days, so I'm a little off due to that, but boy this workout made me feel sooooo out of of shape! :confused:The cardio factor was way up there, and I had to pause several times to catch my breath, or leave out the legs on the upper body stuff.

I'm thinking that maybe these workouts will make good short mini-workouts. I don't know if I could do the whole thing!!!

BTW, my gliding discs worked very well on my carpet.

Don't beat yourself up! This is one tough workout! Did it yesterday and I paused too. These girls have some cardio endurance! Not sure if I'll ever get there, but as long as we're moving, it's a good thing!
Enjoy the rest of the series - you started off with definitely the hardest one! :)

Wow!!! I was starting to feel the same way. I thought I was in decent shape. what a humbling experience. Afterburn was the first workout I've tried so far. I made it through with some pauses and modifications. Glad to hear it's one of the harder ones. it seemed like Cathe was working pretty hard too. I have to add that it was soooo much fun. i especially liked the jumping jacks on the gliders. maybe it will be alittle easier the next time,lol

I have not even tried Afterburn yet because I don't just feel out of shape, I KNOW I am out of shape after recovering from my accident almost 4 months ago now. (the docs said total recovery will take up to a year.)

No matter, I am still going to press on and do what I can. I was able to do Athletic Training today with modification. It was great and I look forward to being 100% again.

Afterburner is really a leg-burner! The top of my thighs are sore today. I was feeling it immediately after I finished the workout.

afterburn

Wow I went to basic 4 years ago, to see if i could do it, i did it i was not ever sore. I used to workout as a younger person til i was sore and now it was so hard ot get sore. I thought since im over weight i need to workout like crazy but i still never get that sore feeeling anymore. ..HMM well I did afterburn Friday and i am pleased to say I am sore!!!!!!!!!! That tells you how hard it is, if i cant get sore in Basic Training but i caon on afterburn lol. I am intemidated now to try the others, i had to go back to a begginer step yesterday to try and workout the sore legs. I am going to try cardio supersets today or i may go running. Not sure. I hope it will get me to lose some weight for some reason my legs and body feels bigger since doing the afterburn! I feel bloated and fat and slow! I hope it is just my miscles are not uesed to this type of workout. Does anyone else feel heavy after the workout? I hope if i stick with this it will help me shed my big belly and butt!

I got my new dvds just in time for my workout today. I decided to do the Afterburn express mix (1-10) to start out. Now, I've been on vacation for the last 10 days, so I'm a little off due to that, but boy this workout made me feel sooooo out of of shape! :confused:The cardio factor was way up there, and I had to pause several times to catch my breath, or leave out the legs on the upper body stuff.

I'm thinking that maybe these workouts will make good short mini-workouts. I don't know if I could do the whole thing!!!

BTW, my gliding discs worked very well on my carpet.

Afterburn is one of Cathe's most difficult workouts ever! I rate it up there with Cardio Core Circuit. It makes Intensity and HIIT look like beginner videos.

Amazingly difficult workout! I love it, but I will definitely have to build up to be able to do it all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.