I feel like cutting off my feet!!!!!

Hello ladies,

I am very frustrated with my feet at the moment! I first had achilles tendonitis in my right foot,had surgery and have been healing for about a year now. Well finally after being able to exercise the doctor told me that I have developed plantar Fasciatis in my left foot! Geez! What else will happen?

I would really like to know if anyone else has dealt with this and does the PF ever go away? I have to wear a splint at night and do stretchs which is making my life crazy! I pretty much was swallowed up with my achilles tendonitis for two years!

It doesn't hurt much exercising, the doctor said I couldn't do any weight bearing exercises.

Sorry I have blabbed on about this, I guess I need to get some things out!

Any advice or help would greatly be appreciated!

kim

Hi Kim

I've got a question for you actually. I think I've got achilles tendonitis, so I'm cutting right back on the cardio and only doing weights and adding in exercises and stretches to strengthen my achilles.

Can you tell me about your progress over the past year? Is surgery the only way to deal with the problem?

Thanks for any advice!

Ronne

I had PF a number of years ago, and you have to take care of yourself. For a long time I didn't do any high impact, i swam,did ellipticals, and joined a spinning class--which I LOVE:) To this day, I tape my foor before i exercise (I am back to high impact) and use some sort of insert in my shoes. funny thing, was to the dr. two days ago and now in my OTHER foot (like you) I have accilles tendonitis. Am stretching, taking ibuprofen, icing, etc., hope to avoid surgery;-) Anyway, it may take awhile, but again DO take care of yourself!

Kim, I was going to say what LaLa did... PF is a huge "use it or lose it" kind of thing... the better care you take of your foot early on, the easier it is to manage. I'm sure your doctor gave you all kinds of stretches and exercises to do!

The night splint won't last forever but never get rid of that splint!!!... I have crutches and an air cast for my leg that I swear I will take with me wherever I move. I think of them as a preventive measure... I am convinced whenever I get rid of them, I'll do something and have to buy another set! :eek:

All the best,

Hi ladies,

Thanks to responding to my post, I would have gotten back but for some strange reason when I use my computer down stairs it doesn't show my post. I just saw on my other comp. that my post was here. It is weird.

Ronne-I had achilles tendonitis back in July of 2005 and took Physical therapy for about five months and it didn't seem to work. The doctor told me to stay away from high impact exercising which nearly killed me! But I was to ice, rest and do alot of stretching. Well nothing seemed to work, and finally I decided that I need surgery. Well I hadn't snapped a tendon in half but I had alot of tears so my surgery wasn't one to take a lot of healing time. So of 2006 I had my surgery in march and I actually started exercising in May. Just starting off slowly. Now I can do anything but hoping it is not making my other foot worse. The dr. said if my foot wasn't hurting during exercising that I could do it, just not any heavy weight bearing exercises. I am sorry I have about written you a book here but it has been a long road here. Yes be very carefull and disciplined with not doing any high impact exercises.
Oh and even though I had the surgery, it will never be totally normal again. I will always notice little feeling here and there. But for the most part the surgery was a blessing!

Thanks for all the help and future posting!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.