I am not obsessed. I enjoy it!

I am so very happy to see this thread!! I have NO friends/family members/coworkers who work out (wish I did - they ALL need it), and I get so many negative comments about my working out and eating right!! It has gotten to the point that I don't talk about it - and then I get comments like "when you used to work out," and when I say "hey, I still work out" - they don't believe me!

I get pretty irritated by the negative remarks, too. In fact, it makes me very angry, especially when friends/family try to include me in their aches/pains/health problems, etc. I will say things like 'don't include me in that group - I can still do everything I used to do.' Then, I get eye rolling and disbelief - or (this is the one that really makes me angry) 'well, you're so much younger than I am.' It's like people don't realize that I'm aging just as much as they are! I'm not a young woman (I'm 52), but I work hard to stay feeling great and young. It's not an accident of birth, that I'm just naturally this way - I work to maintain. Ten years ago, they couldn't do what I do now, even if they are ten years younger than I am now!

Gosh - I'm so glad to be able to vent a bit about that. I don't think it will make me feel better about all the negative comments or the outright disbelief (I guess I'm a liar, too), but at least I now know that I'm not alone!!

Hey Labnick.......is your picture from a mud run? I did "warrior dash" at Windam mountain in New York! I have a very similar photo of jumping over the fire! It was so much fun. I love a challenge and the obstacles were great. We did it twice but then the prices to enter the dash skyrocketed to a ridiculous fee. Anyway....great pic!

Hi Tic93!

Yes it is from the Warrior Dash. This was my first one and I loved it! It was held this past June and I have already signed up for next year when they announced it is at the same location and same weekend. Right now here in Massachusetts I only noticed a small increase in price. Hoping the next time I sign up it is still reasonable. Some of the obstacles were harder than others but I felt all doable. I have CATHE to thank for getting me over the Great Warrior Wall!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.